• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sources – Armored Core 6 to Release August 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Insider Gaming sources have revealed that Armored Core 6 will release in August, specifically on August 25, 2023.

The news comes following last week’s findings by Gematsu that Armored Core 6 had officially been rated in Korea. The findings prompted relief for fans, who had thought the game could have been delayed until 2023. Although age ratings are not an indication of whether or not a game will be delayed.

Varteras

Gold Member
Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

I'm sure a lot of people haven't played them either and only know From Software based on Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring. I don't know if i'll like AC6 but I'm sure as hell going to buy it and try it just because it's From Software.

The old games are worth playing. Especially on an emulator with save states.
What's the best one to play?

Are they on PS2 because I have a PS2.... if a physical copy is easy to find and cheap then I'd definitely pick it up.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I'm sure a lot of people haven't played them either and only know From Software based on Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro/Elden Ring. I don't know if i'll like AC6 but I'm sure as hell going to buy it and try it just because it's From Software.
I recall them being a bigger pain in the ass than modern FromSoft games. But a lot of people felt the controls were whack then so hopefully this game has solid controls

I recall them being a bigger pain in the ass than modern FromSoft games. But a lot of people felt the controls were whack then so hopefully this game has solid controls
I'm not expecting it to have Souls like gameplay but if it's a challenging game then I'm up for it. Even if it's more difficult that the modern games. I felt like Elden Ring was far too easy.

Are they on PS2 because I have a PS2.... if a physical copy is easy to find and cheap then I'd definitely pick it up.
There are some really good ones on the ps2. Armored Core 3 is superb and a lot of people think it is the best in the series. The AC games also got standalone "expansions", and AC3 got Silent Line, which is phenomenal. Armored core 2 is a no go for me. It is technically good, but it doesnt have analog support for some godforsaken reason.

I'm thinking From is going to bring a lot of their experience in development to the table for this one. The fromsoft of now is entirely different than fromsoft of the past. A lot of what makes fromsoft great now is the special sauce they started with, mixed with constant improvement.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

The single player campaign was generally easy

The multiplayer however, was insanely hard to get into

Building a mech that competes with the people in japan that dedicate their lives to the series in armored core 4 answer was one of the most humbling experiences I have ever had in a multiplayer game

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The first Miyazaki-less From game since DaS 2? If it’s as good as DaS 2 it’ll still be better than most games, I’m hoping Yamamura and Ogura have suckled on the loving warm teat of Miyazaki long enough to successfully emulate him.

Day uno.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The first Miyazaki-less From game since DaS 2? If it’s as good as DaS 2 it’ll still be better than most games, I’m hoping Yamamura and Ogura have suckled on the loving warm teat of Miyazaki long enough to successfully emulate him.

Day uno.
This fanbase is certainly going to be entertaining to watch when this game releases lol. I see everyone is mentally preparing themselves about how I expected.

Day uno.
Spoiler: It wont be anything like a "Souls" game. And yes that's a GOOD thing. Mission based structure, small maps.
If you are coming in expecting Dark Souls with robots you will be disappointed.

This fanbase is certainly going to be entertaining to watch when this game releases lol. I see everyone is mentally preparing themselves about how I expected.
Not everyone is that dense.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Spoiler: It wont be anything like a "Souls" game. And yes that's a GOOD thing. Mission based structure, small maps.
If you are coming in expecting Dark Souls with robots you will be disappointed.

Not everyone is that dense.
Banjo isn't dense either, I just have to tease the FROM acolytes sometimes.

Any ps2 era will wet the whistle. Silent line and last raven are considered top notch. Ps1 era look at masters of the arena. Physical copies of LR and MOTA dont come cheap. I believe ac3 series had part tuning, i forget if it was introduced earlier in ac2 or not - i dont think so though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I love Sekiro but im not excited one bit. Sekiro works because its essentially a PS3 era game. This game will need to be a lot more ambitious and i just dont see From with their shitty tech getting anything out of these last gen machines.

Awful that this started dev in 2019 and still targeted last gen consoles.

I love Sekiro but im not excited one bit. Sekiro works because its essentially a PS3 era game. This game will need to be a lot more ambitious and i just dont see From with their shitty tech getting anything out of these last gen machines.

Awful that this started dev in 2019 and still targeted last gen consoles.
I really don't understand this mindset. Froms art design is always great nowadays, and from have never - at least since the PS1 and early PS2 era - been at the cutting edge of hardware usage.

The game will likely play extremely well. Ambition is more than hardware usage. Sekiro is a damn near perfect action adventure game, which I reckon is extremely ambitious.

It stands to reason that ac6 will be the ac formula with froms more recent experience applied. That in of itself is ambitious, hardware be damned.

Buggy Loop

Have you gone back and played an AC game yet?

I can't recall which ones i have in my collection, for 360, IV or V.

I had also the previous PSx & PS2 games but sold them off.

I don't think I will go back to play them. I'm expecting VI to still be armored core but with so many modern tweaks from the past decade of From Software's crazy near flawless run since Demon soul to make it pretty impossible to extrapolate from old Armored core games to the AC VI.

The one thing I am not in love with is that it's being made to run on PS4/ Xbox One, which means all of the basic, underlying design decisions that have to go into making a new game that has to run on those very old machines. I wish they were free to shoot for the stars, and not be held back by the basic limitations of PS4/ Xbox One games, that we are all well aware of at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom