• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer Released

This trailer went straight through my core, Amazing! One of my most anticipated game of this year.
BADASS

Video Game Trailer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Hudo

Can a Armored Core loremaster explain if the mechas are piloted by an actual human sitting inside or if these things are piloted by connecting or transferring your "mind" into them? Because the latter is what I'm getting from this trailer.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can a Armored Core loremaster explain if the mechas are piloted by an actual human sitting inside or if these things are piloted by connecting or transferring your "mind" into them? Because the latter is what I'm getting from this trailer.
That is correct. You are a human that is basically considered a CPU for the mech. You are the core that is armored. It's some dark future shit.

Buggy Loop

This right here. I freely admit I've never played an AC game before, but Fromsoft's pedigree has made me want to try AC6. Am I not allowed to try a new game in the series without having played the 15 prior entries?

If peoples thought Souls fans were elitists, wait till you see the Armored Core fans.

Any indication that From Software took some inspiration from their previous titles to make this more accessible will be the apocalypse.

Just jump in.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's definitely a mood setter. A vibe. Hopefully the gameplay will be good too.
FromSoftware always sets a good vibe and then gives the player 90% gameplay. It’s perfect for people struggling to get into mech games. I bet if this goes well there will be a large uprising of new AC fans. Which would be awesome. Instead of having that underground AC community speaking in code that no one else understands.

RickMasters

four weeks to go! between this, lies of P, forza and starfield, im really happy with how the second half of this year is shaping up, for me. Im set!

Fbh

metal-black-metal.gif

GAF: CGI trailers suck, show us the gameplay or GTFO!

*FromSoftware releases a CGI trailer*

GAF: See above

But they already showed gameplay?
It also helps that the game is coming out in a month, only 8 months after being announced.

What sucks is when Microsoft/Sony/other devs are like "here's a CGI trailer, look forward to learning more about the game in 2 years when we show another CG trailer leading up to the eventual release in 4 years"

Last edited:
this one is a lore reset. AC resets its lore almost every generatiom. Im thinking its a mindjack kinda situation as well, but typically people had been physically piloting their acs - or outright surgically wired into it.

splattered

I enjoyed some of the earlier games on the first Playstation... not 100% sold on this though. I already have a ridiculous backlog ill never get around to

R6Rider

Gold Member
The trailer was amazing, I won't like the game but I love fromsoftware so I will support them by buying the game.
If this is really what you're doing, why not just buy a digital code and give it away to someone on here or a friend?

Hudo

That is correct. You are a human that is basically considered a CPU for the mech. You are the core that is armored. It's some dark future shit.

this one is a lore reset. AC resets its lore almost every generatiom. Im thinking its a mindjack kinda situation as well, but typically people had been physically piloting their acs - or outright surgically wired into it.
I know that sounds stupid but that kinda makes their look more feasible (to me). Because I'd imagine that if you transfer or connect someone's mind to a machine, you'd want the machine to resemble human features at least somewhat so that the mind has an easier time to adjust. But I also remember seeing an Armored Core with tracks instead of legs, so maybe it's just my headcannon here. It's just that I always kinda looked at mechas from Japan as "overdesigned" so to speak. But that's probably because I'm a Battletech fan and kinda grew up with the more bulky, more down-to-earth or pragmatic design of the battle mechs there.

Last edited:
I know that sounds stupid but that kinda makes their look more feasible (to me). Because I'd imagine that if you transfer or connect someone's mind to a machine, you'd want the machine to resemble human features at least somewhat so that the mind has an easier time to adjust. But I've also remember seeing an Armored Core with tracks instead of legs, so maybe it's just my headcannon here. It's just that I always kinda looked at mechas from Japan as "overdesigned" so to speak. But that's probably because I'm a Battletech fan and kinda grew up with the more bulky, more down-to-earth or pragmatic design of the battle mechs there.
Re: the lore, in the first couple of games, you start off as a fully human pilot. If you get into enough debt, you gradually get experimentally augmented and the game resets in a weird game over type scenario. Every time, you get additional abilities (that end up being overpowered and absurd) but, lore wise, by the end you are more or less entirely grafted into the AC. its really cool.

skneogaf

If this is really what you're doing, why not just buy a digital code and give it away to someone on here or a friend?
I will try it but I just doubt I'll like it in the same way as the souls games.

Even if I get a few hours out if it that's more than 75 percent of my pc gaming collection.

Hudo

Re: the lore, in the first couple of games, you start off as a fully human pilot. If you get into enough debt, you gradually get experimentally augmented and the game resets in a weird game over type scenario. Every time, you get additional abilities (that end up being overpowered and absurd) but, lore wise, by the end you are more or less entirely grafted into the AC. its really cool.
Man, that's a cool way to integrate what I assume is some sort of "help the player"-mechanic (in case he just sucks and goes into debt (?)). I like stuff like this. It's also why I love Planescape Torment, because it incorporates many of the "gaming meta" into the story, like dying/restarting over.

Man, that's a cool way to integrate what I assume is some sort of "help the player"-mechanic (in case he just sucks and goes into debt (?)). I like stuff like this. It's also why I love Planescape Torment, because it incorporates many of the "gaming meta" into the story, like dying/restarting over.
yeah lol, its all fine and dandy until...
Mission completed but at what cost ..

7ni0k89p15db1.jpg

Thief1987

What sucks is when Microsoft/Sony/other devs are like "here's a CGI trailer, look forward to learning more about the game in 2 years when we show another CG trailer leading up to the eventual release in 4 years"
Would you care to remind me how elden ring was announced?

Top Bottom