• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

Yeah especially if the boom is at the end of the flight. The raptors have a huge TWR so it must be incredibly hard to do the suicide burns and do a flip at the same time. Nevertheless, amazing work.

I feel they'll crash land a couple more before they get it right, is a very hard maneuver.

they have 8 more they can crash and might build a dozen more by the time they get to SN16

I think they got really close with the landing, I would not doubt seeing SN9 nailing it but yeah always expect a BOOM from SpaceX tests

cebri.one

Eo1OancXEAMK0t7

Source

MastaKiiLA

Amazing test. Really impressed with SpaceX.

Were the staggered engine cutoffs intentional during ascent? I have no sound, so I'm not sure. The nozzles swiveled out of the way as they cutoff, and then returned back to position during the landing flip and burn. So I assume it was intentional.

I look forward to SN9.

scalman

so 2020 is good ..its amazing even , its mindblowing
W9l450u.jpg

PxerIBa.jpg

thats how most of us drew rockets when where kids. amazing.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
This shows again how stupid the media is today. Most of the coverage for the normies were the last 15 seconds and "haha look how Elon's rocket exploded."

Everything beyond that is lost to them and it is not just low level media, it is pretty much everyone.

And those guys also cover things like Neuralink. No wonder people are missing new developments or are even scared of them.

This shows again how stupid the media is today. Most of the coverage for the normies were the last 15 seconds and "haha look how Elon's rocket exploded."

Everything beyond that is lost to them and it is not just low level media, it is pretty much everyone.

And those guys also cover things like Neuralink. No wonder people are missing new developments or are even scared of them.
Same with a friend of mine. Told him to watch the stream, and all the response I got was "LOL, exploded. Your space jesus Elon fails."

I tried to explain to him how crazy it was what he has seen today. All that new engine tech, the construction of the Starship, and how difficult that maneuvre is.

Still, all I got was "lol. fail." and then some lecture, that we have other problems in the world now than space stuff.

Well, I know whom I won't tell this kind of stuff in the future.

I am very sure though, that all these people will be around celebrating when this thing lands on Mars and act like they were always for and in it.

Same with a friend of mine. Told him to watch the stream, and all the response I got was "LOL, exploded. Your space jesus Elon fails."

I tried to explain to him how crazy it was what he has seen today. All that new engine tech, the construction of the Starship, and how difficult that maneuvre is.

Still, all I got was "lol. fail." and then some lecture, that we have other problems in the world now than space stuff.

I am very sure though, that all these people will be around celebrating when this thing lands on Mars and act like they were always for and in it.
Let's face it, there are still people that think the earth is flat. So many things seem so silly to the simple minded, but that's why we have people like Elon Musk and his intelligent team to navigate us into the future.

SonorFagoen

Neo Member
Was an incredible test flight. I am definitely considering following Musk and also moving to Texas. Musk is not dumb. From Texas to the stars. That's our escape. Earth's finished. Time to start over. Only packing a copy of the US Constitution, family photos and my guitar and I'm out. Earthlings can keep everything else.

Was an incredible test flight. I am definitely considering following Musk and also moving to Texas. Musk is not dumb. From Texas to the stars. That's our escape. Earth's finished. Time to start over. Only packing a copy of the US Constitution, family photos and my guitar and I'm out. Earthlings can keep everything else.
You sound a bit like a drama queen.

Eh, we can strive for better than the US constitution when talking about a fresh start.

acm2000

have to admit i had no idea they were planning on going full Thunderbird 2 on us, this was a true glimpse of the future and the first time that has happened since the first shuttle launch was back in the day, and to get so close to nailing it first try was unbelievable, i do wonder if the legs had deployed maybe it might have "survived" a bit better but it was coming down at quite some speed.

have to admit i had no idea they were planning on going full Thunderbird 2 on us, this was a true glimpse of the future and the first time that has happened since the first shuttle launch was back in the day, and to get so close to nailing it first try was unbelievable, i do wonder if the legs had deployed maybe it might have "survived" a bit better but it was coming down at quite some speed.
Naaah, that was simply too fast..

Amazing job nontheless.

asustitan

Banned

Lefties hate Elon Musk politically and he is like kryptonite to them because he does cool things with rockets and makes electric cars.

SonorFagoen

Neo Member
Imagine when that thing is going to be fully stack with the booster. It's going to be massive. Skyscrapers just floating down and landing on their legs....at least one part of the future is cool. That other part where we start making Human-Pig Chimeras...yeah not so crazy about that one. We will be the ones that will create all those weird alien races in Star Wars. FML. Will probably need to alter our DNA to become strange looking little Martians so we can live on Mars instead of terraforming the planet. That is totally not what I had in mind. The world needs to sit down and have a serious talk with itself.

Last edited:
Lefties hate Elon Musk politically and he is like kryptonite to them because he does cool things with rockets and makes electric cars.
Dude is definitely not a lefty.
I just think he has a raging hate boner for people that achieve a lot more than him in life.

This is just side news but it really has to do with the future of Starship

ndonesia courts SpaceX as new rocket launch site
ndonesia has put itself forward as a possible rocket launch site for Elon Musk's SpaceX venture.
The south-east Asian country is already in talks with Mr Musk's Tesla about a possible electric battery partnership.
According to Indonesia's Coordinating Ministry for Maritime and Investment Affairs, President Joko Widodo has been in discussions with Mr Musk.
The Tesla billionaire is sending a team to Indonesia in January to look at potential investments, it added.
read more

Last edited:
I am sure it has been posted already..... but I was going through old videos and saw this. Its crazy what Elon and SpaceX have gone through to get to this point.

yeah seen that a while back still hard to watch, politics pain peko

I'm glad they gave private companies a shot at the space race even with big names like that going against the idea

Top Bottom