• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

buizel

Banned
Yeah pretty spooky lol. That is a easy video glitch to explain even though it looks spooky and explosion like that is hell on any live feed signal.
This is almost the same thing that happens during the booster recovery landings. Digital signals do that. It lost a few frames but some programing tried to add the frames back in before the full image became distorted but the program was not fast enough. Just my guess not fact.

I'll except that answer or
2. Aliens shot it down from the nerby lake
3. Shapeshifting reptilian jews arent good video editors

SN11 fully stacked

Love that ending. Asshat companies trying to stop the pace of progress for Starlink and the Starlink CEO simply states 30 meetings competitors had opposing Starlink and zero on their own technologies or applications or launches. So bloody true of the world today, instead of building yourself up tear others down as it's easier. Fuck that noise.
It is gross even Bezos was doing this shit, yet Blue Origin is so far behind might never be worth waiting for.

It does not take much to derail a project when it comes to these things in the US all they need is enough companies complaining even if it was the right thing to do. I'll be watching this close.

Tesseract

Banned
spacex is what adherence to first principles nets you with significant time and effort

bezos has recommitted to blue origin as of three days ago, walking from amazon should allot time for deeper commitments to the industry literature

rooting for spacex, early birds and all that

spacex is what adherence to first principles nets you with significant time and effort

bezos has recommitted to blue origin as of three days ago, walking from amazon should allot time for deeper commitments to the industry literature

rooting for spacex, early birds and all that

I don't have anything against Bezos and all that but he carries with him a ruthlessness to win and not the passion of discovery.
He plays the game too well, the tax game, the funding game, the go slow and get paid game.

I am hoping he wamts tp support Blue Origin because of his age and wants his name remembered for something greater than Amazon, which is saying a lot.

Blue Origin was founded 2 years before SpaceX

There are just different styles of getting something done. Without Space X I think Blue Origin would take a nother 20 years before they took things seriously.
I would like him to do well but if he continues to try to use the government to sandbag SpaceX and slow them down I can't really put the same energy into following them or even liking them as a team in the space race.

I wish he had the attitude to put his money into what is working instead. Bankroll SpaceX invest in them instread of asking the Govt to step in and make things fairer to your slow ass pace. Things like that makes the energy of his company all wrong.

a little detour, watching 2 guys who really don't like Elon Musk at that much

nice little tidbits

comments tho:
Things Eberhard and Tarpenning won't mention:
* That they in turn are denying Gage and Cocconi credit (the people who actually built the powertrain that they wanted to put in a Lotus
* That when Gage and Cocconi directed Musk to them, he was already working on starting an EV company with the exact same business plan as Eberhard and Tarpenning (though he was pursuing a different vehicle - same powertrain, though)
* That when Musk was introduced to them, they had basically a shell of a company with no tech of its own and didn't even have the trademark rights to their own name. They were hardly any further along than Musk was.
* That the reason Elon was only the fourth CEO was that despite repeated attempts by others to get him to take the role, he kept refusing, because he was busy with SpaceX
* That Eberhard was kicked out of the CEO role not by Elon, but by a unanimous decision of the board, including a person he personally appointed, for repeatedly lying and hiding information about the company's dire straits - dire straits that he led the company into.
* That Eberhard was literally quoted as saying that if anyone finds out about [what was going on], he'd be fired. (He was)
* That the board wanted to sue Eberhard due to how much he had screwed them over, but decided not to because it would be bad PR.
* That despite Ebarhard - like Musk - being independently wealthy, he put little of his own money into the company; Musk shouldered the risk. Including nearly bankrupting himself cleaning up Eberhard's mess.

Yeah I would not be too quick to say Elon is not a Fouinder of Tesla, he did more to save the company than the founders.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

It is gross even Bezos was doing this shit, yet Blue Origin is so far behind might never be worth waiting for.

Well the thing is that Blue origin won't be able to do the stuff Bezos is doing with Amazon Basics, take a off the self product , copy it and make it cheaper.
It's not like SpaceX is going to give a leg up to Bezos here.

I think having Bezos full time at Blue Origin is going to speed them up a lot.
He is ruthless and now that he has set his target on space I expect him to fire a lot of people in the coming years for not advancing quickly enough.

Ballthyrm

Yeah I would not be too quick to say Elon is not a Founder of Tesla, he did more to save the company than the founders.

Tesla is the prototypical example that technology and ideas aren't everything and that you need solid business people like Elon.
Sure they had the chops to see that you could make a decent electric car but without Elon it would have been forgotten like the Venturi Fetish

Look this car up, it's the exact same idea as the tesla roadster 2 years before, It made a splash and then nothing.
Why ?
No money, no marketing, no smart business man. That's what would have happened to Tesla.
Elon is the founder of the successful Tesla, whatever these people say.

Tesla is the prototypical example that technology and ideas aren't everything and that you need solid business people like Elon.
Sure they had the chops to see that you could make a decent electric car but without Elon it would have been forgotten like the Venturi Fetish

Look this car up, it's the exact same idea as the tesla roadster 2 years before, It made a splash and then nothing.
Why ?
No money, no marketing, no smart business man. That's what would have happened to Tesla.
Elon is the founder of the successful Tesla, whatever these people say.
Kinda scary how fast Tesla has changed the landscape of the auto industry. ICE cars are headed out the door the way of the dinosaurs.
So imagine if Tesla had failed.

Well the thing is that Blue origin won't be able to do the stuff Bezos is doing with Amazon Basics, take a off the self product , copy it and make it cheaper.
It's not like SpaceX is going to give a leg up to Bezos here.

I think having Bezos full time at Blue Origin is going to speed them up a lot.
He is ruthless and now that he has set his target on space I expect him to fire a lot of people in the coming years for not advancing quickly enough.
I rather have Bezos and Blue Origin in the race than not having anyone coming at SpaceX.
So I'll be looking forward to seeing what he can turn Blue Origin into with more focus and time.

Changing the name on them? Starbase, Texas has a nice ring to it.

hope we fly tomorrow

these guys think we flying

I am sure a few more live streams will join by morning

damn it abort

edit: SpaceX not giving up yet, they are reviewing the data to see why the ship auto aborted to see if they can still go today
recycle takes about an hour, 3 hours left in the window

Last edited:
Top Bottom