• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spooky Season is here 🎃🍂

fall-leaves-autumn-gif-2.gif

did you go to starbucks yet to get some pumpkin spice bullshit?

Dark Star

Pumpkin spice is a nice concept, but it's in like everything now and I'm desensitized. But we are close to the best time of the year. October - December 31st, the perfect 3 month stretch. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve ... lots of festivities to attend.

The best video games and movies start coming out around this time of the year, too! Bring on the horror. I'll be replaying Bloodborne, Resident Evil 7, Outlast, Alien Isolation, Little Nightmares, etc. I've been to a few haunted houses and I want to try that again this year.

here's some spooky season stuff I've been listening to. I'm kind of burnt out on "music" and I've been enjoying these ambient mixes instead lately.

Last edited:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is best. Pumpkin spice is worst.
Have you had the churro CTC? I usually scoff at spinoff crap like that but I took one bite and I swear I saw Jesus. It's good stuff, the outside stays crunchy longer than regular CTC and the inside gets soaked with milk so it gets a tiny bit chewy like an actual churro.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
One of these days I'm buying one of those big aninmitronic clowns or other monster. I might never take it down.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Fedora check
Pumpkin spice check
Plaid check
Horse teeth check.

I'll eat her ass. 🥳

And I bet she has a good looking pussy.

With that said,

What's wrong with you triplestation triplestation ? You're worse than stores acting all hasty with this shit!

Today I got offered some pepernoten from a friendly manager at my supermarket and those are meant for Sinterklaas which comes around the beginning of December for crying out loud!

It's almost as if we as a collective are forced into living towards particular segments as to have something to look forward to.. Not at all a artificial consumer based construct by any means

angry cat GIF

With that said I 💗 autumn and spookiness..

Btw, I didn't want any pepernoot but I couldn't decline a sincerely thoughtful gesture, I hold out my hand and received perhaps six of them. I immediately put on in my mouth while thinking "fuck, all this sugar is bad" so I put the remaining five in my pocket. Which is terrible because you get all those crumbs in there.

Quite the story right?

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Another reason to love this time of year.... Costco pumpkin pies!
qzhzO7m.jpg
My family used to get Pumpkin Pies from Costco all the time. They were terrific! But, this was back when my father shopped there for his coffee shop in the 90's and early 2000's. It would warm my heart to know they still make a good pie.

Setzer

My family used to get Pumpkin Pies from Costco all the time. They were terrific! But, this was back when my father shopped there for his coffee shop in the 90's and early 2000's. It would warm my heart to know they still make a good pie.
They've been using the same recipe since 1987. Still the best store bought pumpkin pie you can get and damn near almost as good as the ones my grandmother used to make. I get them every year.

Davey Cakes

They've been using the same recipe since 1987. Still the best store bought pumpkin pie you can get and damn near almost as good as the ones my grandmother used to make. I get them every year.
Costco's pastries were always a cut above. Their muffins were the reason I was a fat kid.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Anyway, for reasonable people September is the brief window to put out Fall decor before the full-on Halloween decoration extravaganza. It's fairly minimal for me, a few lil thingies, fall-leaf dishtowels make their appearance, fall leaf shaped coasters and placemats at the dinner table - subtle touches, but you have to give them their little space before October first. It's the buildup to the main event, so to speak.

Top Bottom