• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Masterline Nier Automata sculpture - should I buy it

Should I buy it

• Yes, the world is going to hell anyway

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • No, instead spend the money on gacha games and new Apple products that you do not need

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters

TransTrender

Gold Member
I voted go for it before noticing the price tag.
That price plus the fact your wife will hate it automatically makes this a really bad idea lol!

killatopak

Gold Member
If I can afford it I would.

Your money, your happiness.

Kinda iffy though with your wife. She should definitely know if you’re gonna be spending big bucks on something. In the end it’s all up to you anyway.

Last edited:

RCU005

It's a $3,400 statue.

WTF?!!!!! I was expecting $1,000 at most, which I already thought it was completely out of my reach. I would love to have that statue, but I wouldn't be able to spend that kind of money even if I was rich.

OP, If you have a Wife and still can consider buying this statue, just buy her a car or a diamond ring and she won't care.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It doesn’t come out until January 2022. You have over a year to save up for it. Make a separate savings account for it. I bet you’d be surprised by how fast you’ll save up for it. Don’t go out to lunch during the week, put some extra cash in your savings when you can, and do side jobs. I can’t imagine your wife getting mad if you actually saved up for it. Maybe she’d be impressed that you were able to afford it? Square-Enix won’t charge your account until it’s ready to be shipped.

I’ve never seen a no-cancellation policy. You could always just get 2B for about a grand.
E9-BFFD13-57-C5-431-E-B4-C4-0-E9478-C8-B4-D4.jpg

48-F7355-E-4-A3-B-47-EA-8-FD7-25-B5-C9-CC4-F73.jpg

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes then jizz on it and post it online.
I think it’s a fetish

a friend of mine told me about this

Last edited:

Jethalal

Banned
Brother, just don't think about doing this. If you are into collecting statues, then maybe if you have a loooot of disposable income. Otherwise, don't bother. It will just sit at your desk and catch dust.

It doesn’t come out until January 2022. You have over a year to save up for it. Make a separate savings account for it. I bet you’d be surprised by how fast you’ll save up for it. Don’t go out to lunch during the week, put some extra cash in your savings when you can, and do side jobs. I can’t imagine your wife getting mad if you actually saved up for it. Maybe she’d be impressed that you were able to afford it? Square-Enix won’t charge your account until it’s ready to be shipped.

I’ve never seen a no-cancellation policy. You could always just get 2B for about a grand.
E9-BFFD13-57-C5-431-E-B4-C4-0-E9478-C8-B4-D4.jpg

48-F7355-E-4-A3-B-47-EA-8-FD7-25-B5-C9-CC4-F73.jpg

That’s pretty common with handmade/custom orders. We just bought a custom couch that was non refundable since it takes 3-4 months labor/materials to build (and that was still cheaper than this statue).

OP: Don’t fucking do it. Realize that you’d be spending $3.5k on an expensive action figure that your wife will hate. As others mentioned, save that money for an awesome trip or something nice for you/your wife that won’t lead to divorce/disgust.

Azurro

Banned
You know, I used to think "live and let live, if that's what makes people happy"...but then I see the price tag and...and...really? Fucking really? More than 3000 fucking dollars for a waifu statue? The fucking humanity, this is why people think anime fans are weirdos.

Hell, hire a hot Russian prostitute and dress her up like 2B before fucking her. It'd be money better spent, Jesus fucking Christ.

cireza

What a waste of money while you could go and visit some interesting place somewhere in the world (at least if covid allows it someday).

Last edited:
I have 4 high-quality video game character statues myself, but I don't have a >>>wife<<<. That four-letter word should be enough to tell you that it's probably not a good idea to spend a $3500 statue. Otherwise, I would say go for it.
I can imagine her not having a high opinion of you if you ever decide to go on the purchase. She would probably gossip to her friends about how you bought a statue that has a better ass than hers... 🤷‍♂️

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i voted buy it but then i saw the price

I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY VOTE

it's a nice sculpture and i know they are pricy but holy crap $3,399 is ridiculous.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
maybe just get the 2B one? it's still a lotta lettuce.

if you have the money for the deluxe then go for it. i just wouldn't pay it.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
Unless you think Nier Automata is some kind of transcending experience that is GOTG I do not recommend it. Looks like a school-boy or 40-year old crisis fetish and especially if you're married I don't know about getting 2 skimpily dressed dolls in suggestive poses for 3400 and keeping your wife happy.

sublimit

Banned
If you REALLY love the game and you have the money to burn sure go for it. Keep in mind that statues like that need to have a place of their own (and with proper light) in order to properly display them.

If you want to buy it just to flex at your nerd friends don't do it unless you plan to sell it afterwards for an even higher price.

In any case you should realize that although it looks much better than 99% of gaming statues out there (i'm talking about stand alone ones not the ones in collector's editions) it's way overpriced IMO. As almost every gaming statue is out there.

Go jerk off to images of 2B's ass, and then afterwards see if your brain still thinks it's a good idea to spend that kind of money on a statue of your waifu.

But if you buy it, let us know if it was worth all the fights with your wife, and the threats of divorce for spending three grand of your money on stupid bullshit.
To be fair, women spend crazy money like that on clothes. Also another marriage killer.

Last edited:

MilkLizard

If you have the money and really want it go for it. Tell your wife to stfu, she probably buys things you don't like either?

Glad my wife would never give me shit for something like this, jfc...

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Go jerk off to images of 2B's ass, and then afterwards see if your brain still thinks it's a good idea to spend that kind of money on a statue of your waifu.

But if you buy it, let us know if it was worth all the fights with your wife, and the threats of divorce for spending three grand of your money on stupid bullshit.

The famous post nut clarity

Reactions: 888
If you REALLY love the game and you have the money to burn sure go for it. Keep in mind that statues like that need to have a place of their own (and with proper light) in order to properly display them.

If you want to buy it just to flex at your nerd friends don't do it unless you plan to sell it afterwards for an even higher price.

In any case you should realize that although it looks much better than 99% of gaming statues out there (i'm talking about stand alone ones not the ones in collector's editions) it's way overpriced IMO. As almost every gaming statue is out there.

i think saying that it's way overpriced is relative. Like to most people a Ferrari is way overpriced, but if you actually wanted to buy one you'd have to be on a waitlist years.

At Sideshow's website, 1:3 scale figures go for around ~$1100 - $1400. This Nier statue is $3400 but you get 3 figures but they are 1:4 scale. So I would say maybe it's a little overpriced.

sublimit

Banned
i think saying that it's way overpriced is relative. Like to most people a Ferrari is way overpriced, but if you actually wanted to buy one you'd have to be on a waitlist years.

At Sideshow's website, 1:3 scale figures go for around ~$1100 - $1400. This Nier statue is $3400 but you get 3 figures but they are 1:4 scale. So I would say maybe it's a little overpriced.
Sideshow's statues are also overpriced IMO.

sono

Nier is great, so I like the concept, the statue is very detailed, but the subject from the total series isnt great and certainly not worth the asking price IMHO. $20 sure

Old Retro

They make things like Rolls Royce Bentley's and million dollar houses for people that have too much money. That statue is one of those items.

You might wanna settle for this...

49c67213405aaa055d0840d834a5d8df_KR_350.jpg

$23.99

Top Bottom