• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier (PS3) Reprint listing up on Square Enix Store

fvng

Also the localization job on the original Nier is so damn good (the best I can think of in any game, period) I'd be extremely wary of it getting tinkered with for any remake/remaster.

I think OG Nier has set the bar very high on localization/translation, nothing has really topped it yet

JCG

Yup, what people like(d) about the game wouldn't be improved by remastering. Also the localization job on the original Nier is so damn good (the best I can think of in any game, period) I'd be extremely wary of it getting tinkered with for any remake/remaster.

I can understand that people who are already big fans don't want to change anything about the original game, but even Yoko Taro has said something different.

Q: Would you allow a HD remake of NieR for PS4?
YT: I want to remake these games (not remaster). But everyone do not hope that. Because I will change everything.

http://nier2.com/blog/the-yoko-taro-faq/

Ferr986

I can understand that people who are already big fans don't want to change anything about the original game, but even Yoko Taro has said something different.

http://nier2.com/blog/the-yoko-taro-faq/

That doesn't make sense, feels like one of those YT quotes that are just for jokes.

I mean, I think a Nier remaster should have improvements, but changing everything makes the game being totally a diferent thing.

This may work with games like FF7 where everyone and his mother has already played but it would suck for a game like Nier, especially if they change something about story/characters (and the changes end up being for the worse).

JCG

That doesn't make sense, feels like one of those YT quotes that are just for jokes.

I mean, I think a Nier remaster should have improvements, but changing everything makes the game being totally a diferent thing.

This may work with games like FF7 where everyone and his mother has already played but it would suck for a game like Nier, especially if they change something about story/characters (and the changes end up being for the worse).

He might be exaggerating, at least to a degree...though I think this other quote from the same source clarifies the point:

Q: Do you ever play your own games or maybe complete them 100%?
A: I generally don’t play my own games because I often spot things that I want to change…but can’t, so it really annoys me.

fvng

EU games work on US PS3, right? Might go this route instead of getting used.

no region lock

Yeah to me its clearly him fucking around or speaking in obvious hyperbole

Laplasakos

I found a new copy and i never played Nier. Should i buy it or wait for the remaster/remake? I know it's not official yet but they said they would do it if Automata was a success and now it is so...

Hektor

I found a new copy and i never played Nier. Should i buy it or wait for the remaster/remake? I know it's not official yet but they said they would do it if Automata was a success and now it is so...

While they said that, it still leaves a question about when.

If you're really inclined to play it right now, the original version doesn't have any glaring issues, so no issue in picking that one up.

Automata is selling like crazy. A nier remaster is coming. I feel like an ass not playing it in the first place so I'll look forward to that

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

A remake from the ground up would be a whole other thing. That I'd welcome, same as a straight remaster with all assets and features untouched. In fact, in an ideal world I'd like both :D

What I'd be wary of would be an "enhanced port" that kinda of slips between the two approaches, and in the process of polishing up the old stuff loses the charm of the original.

Just posting to let you know that I received my copy from SE Europe.
I live in Spain.

Did Nier have any different languaged covers or is it in English for all countries in the EU?

I ask as my UK copy has Square Enix Ltd etc etc London on the backcover, my friend in Italy wants an English version so he didn't know whether to order direct or to get me to send it. Mine was in English obviously.

Edit- Seems they did have different languaged covers (for X360 atleast).

So, after a being distracted by Persona 5 for about 200 hours, I've finally started this game.

And good god, there is an unbearable amount of lag with sounds and that, but it only extends to this game. Even inputting the Nier's name has a delay when moving across the keyboard. Rebooting the game, as well as deleting all data hasn't helped.

Has anyone else had this problem? Dodgy reprint, maybe?

Alright, I turned off the PS3 for a while, and suddenly the game works properly now. No sound issues whatsoever.

It's odd. But if it works, I've no complaints.

Top Bottom