• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Surprise Box returns on the official SE Store

FelipeMGM

C7XRJ-bX4AEcQwd.jpg:large

SQUARE ENIX® is offering an exclusive Spring Surprise Box on the official Square Enix Store!

For only $9.99, get the Square Enix 2017 Spring Surprise Box featuring over $80 worth of exciting Steam® titles. With this digital box, fans will receive 5 PC download games and a bonus Square Enix Store offering that is one spring treat gamers can't pass up!

The contents of this exclusive deal will be announced and delivered after 4:00 AM PST on March 30, 2017. The offer is only valid for a very limited time from 4:00 AM PST March 20, 2017 to 4:00 AM PST March 29, 2017.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/441476/spring-surprise-box-2017-pc-download

EDIT:

The EU version contains Just Cause 3.

The problem with these boxes is that Square Enix only has so many games and I have all the games I want aside from Hitman. If you have never bought a box or are new to PC gaming than this is usually a good deal.

Tizoc

The problem with these boxes is that Square Enix only has so many games and I have all the games I want aside from Hitman. If you have never bought a box or are new to PC gaming than this is usually a good deal.

Yup and chances are they'd give away the first ep. of Hitman '16 than offer the season pass for season 1.

Miker

My guesses:
Kane and Lynch 2
Life is Strange Episode 1
Hitman Intro Pack
Deus Ex: The Fall
Final Fantasy Moebius premium currency

Bonus: 15% off coupon for Rise of the Tomb Raider

Lagamorph

I can see Human Revolution being in this one as the 'big' title.
I'll probably skip though, the only SE games I want on Steam at the moment are Hitman and Lightning Returns, and I can't see them being in it.

SCB3

I may go for it, I kinda do want the FF games on Steam, but my guess is that'll be Just Cause 2 & 3 and Kand and Lynch, possibly Tomb Raider and Hitman/Lara Croft GO

Previous bundles, in case people are wondering what math SE uses to come up with $80

2016 (Easter)
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Quantum Conundrum
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

20% Off Just Cause 3
20% Off Rise of the Tomb Raider

2015 (Holidays)
tjtrCWZ.png

2015 (Easter)

Life Is Strange - Episode 1
Just Cause Collection
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition

Thief – The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Deus Ex – The Fall
Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack

Tomb Raider
Just Cause 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Dungeon Siege 3

My guesses:
Kane and Lynch 2
Life is Strange Episode 1
Hitman Intro Pack
Deus Ex: The Fall
Final Fantasy Moebius premium currency

Steam PC games, they don't package currency or discounts as the main course of the bundle. If anything extra is in the box, then it is not part of the bundle's value or main slots.

Hitman intro was already included.
LiS Ep1 is free on Steam.
Deus Ex HR and HR DR were already bundled, no way they would bundle the same game for the third time. Fall very possible.

Last Xmas bundle was pretty dogshit when you consider:
Mobile ports, PS2 ports, TR Underworld, demo for Hitman. Only good thing was Lightning Returns.

Miker

Steam PC games, they don't package currency or discounts as the main course of the bundle. If anything extra is in the box, then it is not part of the bundle's value or main slots.

Hitman intro was already included.
LiS Ep1 is free on Steam.
Deus Ex HR and HR DR were already bundled, no way they would bundle the same game for the third time. Fall very possible.

Last Xmas bundle was pretty dogshit when you consider:
Mobile ports, PS2 ports, TR Underworld, demo for Hitman. Only good thing was Lightning Returns.

I was joking and picked out the lamest bundle I could.

shandy706

Wait...."Friday 3/20/17 to Sunday 3/29/17"

Uh....today is Monday...right....guys......(have I lost it? haha)

3/29/17 is next.....Wednesday...I'm so confused.

data

You can get this, and if you don't like it when the games are announced, you're able to refund it before you reveal the games. I did this with their previous box when I got it for FF13 LR and LiS but LiS wasn't in it so I refunded it.

You can get this, and if you don't like it when the games are announced, you're able to refund it before you reveal the games. I did this with their previous box when I got it for FF13 LR and LiS but LiS wasn't in it so I refunded it.

*Please note: All orders on the Square Enix Spring Surprise Box 2017 are FINAL and refunds or exchanges are not possible with this order.

^On The order page so guessing they are not allowing refunds this time around.

Tizoc

So when is the EU box unlocked? in a few minutes or a couple of hours? Forgot when the keys are sent :X

CHC

They've been good in the past but there are literally no SE published games that I want but don't already have, so I'm not going to go for it.

migs

Neo Member
The games for the Square Enix EU Spring Surprise are:
Just Cause 3 - Mini Ninjas - Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Crub

Considering I bought this specifically for Just Cause 3 I'm not disappointed. Not positively surprised either though. I got what I paid for.

Yikes, I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed. Whoever wants them can have them.

HITMAN: ABSOLUTION ELITE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: 0B0YY-7FBVC-RG3Z8

LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: 50NKT-4V0RM-FF3ZW

THE LAST REMNANT [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: BEBA7-BG8K7-9QCW5

MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: WV4QH-HJC2F-DLJ77

DUNGEON SIEGE III [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: 75EVL-X4RXM-PK42N

phant0m

Wow, NA box is garbage. Absolution, Last Remnant, Dungeon Siege III? EU box looks way better.

And they REALLY round it out nicely with a 20% off coupon that's not valid on "Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Front Mission, Nier, I am Setsuna, and Last Remnant titles".

Last time I buy one of these, SE. Hope you liked the $10.

EDIT: here you go

HITMAN: ABSOLUTION ELITE EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: ZH2PV-7C7VV-P4AFW

LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: J65TG-4TVL8-B26D2

THE LAST REMNANT [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: QDA9P-ZBJ50-LB4R7

MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: 2WYT4-YJ9H6-NYMWJ

DUNGEON SIEGE III [PC DOWNLOAD]
Game key: 9H7CM-953RG-FCE53

20% Off Next Purchase (Digital Catalog Games Only: Excludes Pre-Order and Eastern Titles*) - (1 time use)
Coupon code: SSB7-7QR9-I3NK (Coupon Valid date: 03/30/2017 4AM PST - 04/30/2017 11:59PM PST)
*Eastern titles consist of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Front Mission, Nier, I am Setsuna, and Last Remnant titles

The Last Remnant is a cool game, but you can also frequently get it for <$5.
These boxes so far have been worth the money, but also temper your expectations.
I stopped getting them because everytime it's a bunch of games I already own.
Last time, I essentially paid $10 for Goetia.

Miker

This bundle somehow ended up worse than the worst bundle I could come up with (posted above). I mean, Dungeon Siege 3? Squenix digging deep for gold.

kswiston

The bundles that had the FF13 games were a decent buy if you wanted those, but I had a feeling that this one was going to be bad.

me0wish

This bundle is so bad, I'm not even mad, I'm laughing my ass off for paying for this shit.

I never found getting scammed to be so funny.

Top Bottom