• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stan Lee's daughter sides with Sony over Disney/Marvel in Spider-Man feud "no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney's execs"

GreyHorace

As posted in the other Stan Lee thread here on GAF, this is the same woman who was accused of abusing here dear ol' dad and her mum:

Whether or not these allegations are true, this all smells like a big ol' flying heap of horeshit. I don't like Disney, but how is her siding with Sony any better publicity wise? And she should stop with this whole 'respecting her father's creations' excuse. Like others have said, Stan created most of the Marvel characters in collaboration with other comic pros like Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby. Why the hell isn't she fighting for their legacy along with her dads? Oh that's right, because she doesn't stand to profit from it. And don't give me this crap about her protecting the integrity of his creative vision. All his life Stan was biggest advocate for Marvel properties to be adapted in other forms of media like television and movies, and while many of them are of varying quality I'd say the runaway success of the MCU is the biggest tribute to his legacy more than anything in the world. Who the fuck is she to say that they're shitting on his grave?

My suspicion is that she's only doing this because Disney/Marvel ain't cutting her the checks ever since the dad passed. And that's just as well. The Marvel media empire is her dads' lasting contribution to the world. Not hers.

Xiaoki

Why would anyone use TMZ as a "source"?
Because who else would pick up this "story"?

She abused Stan Lee, her father, then tried to take his money and now she's after money again by selling this crap and TMZ is the only ones dumb enough to listen to this golddigger.

But, as evidenced by numerous posts on this thread, people are eager to hate Disney and Marvel and they will absolutely believe the woman that beat Stan Lee then tried to take his money to get there.

sol_bad

Yeah.
Listen to Stan, people are happy to listen and believe....... anything as long as it supports their own narrative.

GreyHorace

Like I said, whether or not the allegations against her are true are secondary. The real issue here is why is she raising a ruckus now? Does she really think Disney is going to capitulate and give her a piece of the proceeds? Please. I don't know the exact details but I'm pretty sure the contract Disney/Marvel signed was with Stan, not with her. Maybe she's hoping Sony will give her a some of that sweet Spider-Man in exchange for making Disney look bad.

VulcanRaven

Its not suprising that they didn't contact her because of the alligations. Also she said just few days after Lee died that they created superhero together and wants to make a movie about it:

The legendary comic book writer, who created the likes of Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Black Panther, Black Widow and Dr Strange, was developing one final hero named Dirt Man before he passed away this week at the age of 95.

Stan's daughter JC Lee revealed the news, along with plans to move forward with the character, as she confirmed that she created the hero and was working on him with her father up until the week he passed away.

JC has yet to reveal what powers Dirt Man has or anything about his background or origin, but she told TMZ that "it's very interesting", and that she "hopes" the project will be turned into a movie.

I wonder if that even happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom