• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

phoenixyz

I'll see if I can get some nice screenshots of my 350R later. The discount hangar's all messed up so the backgrounds look silly in my screenshots. Similar effect to when your system's locked up and your windows leave trails when dragged around.
Only one wall is missing, so you can take some shots looking away from it. Or just change your hangar via the edit trick, lighting is much better in the business hangar anyways.

I had to install this on my wife's computer as mine only has 6 gigs of ram compared to her 32 gigs >_>. Hanger looks great, though every time I load it up, one of the walls is missing.
Did anyone actually have any RAM problems? Maybe it's because I only have one ship but I never noticed more than 2 gigs usage.

garath

What is wrong with me that I'm tempted to upgrade my discount hanger to business lol. How is this a good investment of $20??

Grief.exe

Did anyone actually have any RAM problems? Maybe it's because I only have one ship but I never noticed more than 2 gigs usage.

No, there is almost never general memory issues in video games.

His wife's computer is probably just designed for video editing, Photoshop, or CAD, making it a much better machine overall.

red731

What is wrong with me that I'm tempted to upgrade my discount hanger to business lol. How is this a good investment of $20??

I had the same thing on my head when I saw them sitting at 20 and 40 dollars in the store.
I will give them more money, more hangar money I guess.

red731

Damn, it's too tempting. Wallets stays closed though. :D

I must hold too! I must get paid so I can not only buy bigger hangar, but new ship too!
KuGsj.gif

red731

I will have to wait till next month so I can at least have an overview on my expenses. Damn you, Chris Roberts, you're making me go broke. :p

Or. OR. We can wait for the game, get some of them sweet UECs from playing and don't pay any more real cents now?

Hm...God damnit CR.

OTIX

Haha my 560ti is working its ass off with this hangar module.

My 325A looks great though, thanks go to Mindlog for brokering this amazing insurance deal for it.

Daedardus

Or. OR. We can wait for the game, get some of them sweet UECs from playing and don't pay any more real cents now?

Hm...God damnit CR.

That's probably what I'll do with the ships. But goddamn that two year wait and that sexy Deluxe hangar. But if I buy the hangar I'd need a second ship and a buggy :p
Gosh the starting Hangar is so ugly and dark, not to mention that a wall is missing. Tempted...

Only $20 for the Business hangar!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'd like to know why I have an options for upgrading to the Business Hangar for $20 and and to the Deluxe Hangar for $40 if my starting hangar ... is a Business Hangar. Shouldn't I be able to upgrade to Deluxe for only $20? (Not like I would, considering there are tricks to get it for free.)

That's probably what I'll do with the ships. But goddamn that two year wait and that sexy Deluxe hangar. But if I buy the hangar I'd need a second ship and a buggy :p

More like about a 16-month wait =P Better than two years!

Gosh the starting Hangar is so ugly and dark, not to mention that a wall is missing. Tempted...

You can brighten it. In the hangar, hit the ~ key to bring up the console, then type r_gamma 2 (or 3 or 4, whatever) and type Enter to make it brighter.

p3tran

Banned
in 1990's many of us spend a lot of money to upgrade everything we could for wing commander series, strike commander, privateer.
it will almost be a pleasure doing that again 8)

Zabojnik

I hope there will be better assets and a better lighting.

But I like my ship :D

Not sure why people are complaining so much about the discount hangar, looks alright to me. It's cheap for a reason. :) If anything, the business one is a little too 'clean' and, well, business-like for my taste, wish it was a bit more lived-in. The deluxe one seems to be the 'best of both worlds' in terms of atmosphere / design. I'm sure they'll give us plenty of options to customize it down the road.

phoenixyz

Edit trick? Can't you get banned for that?

Getting banned for breaking pre-alpha software where the assets and everything are not obfuscated whatsoever? That would be ridiculous. There are tons of threads on the forums about how to extract stuff, mod it, load it in the CryEngine SDK etc. If RSI had a problem with this (which would be pretty stupid, as they have released it that way) they would probably delete the forum entries and make a news post about it.

CTLance

As it should. Going by the stats it's bigger than the Conny!

[img]http://shrani.si/f/3o/j0/1OMkGD8O/stellacatcomparion.png[/img]

Cargo capacity seems a bit too low for such a big ship, but since it's "modular" it's likely there'll be different variants.
Eh, I think the smallish cargo space is due to armor. Don't forget, this is more or less the assault troop carrier vehicle that drops marines into a heavily defended ship.

I want more Cutlass love. That ship is the true small bro of the Caterpillar. Outside of the general ship size I'm not really seeing the Freelancer connection, to be honest.

Mupod

Yikes, got a BSOD last time I ran this. Happened right after I quit to windows.

I have pretty ancient drivers though. I know my 580 is fine 'cause I played warframe nonstop for about 7 hours right after.

derFeef

Yikes, got a BSOD last time I ran this. Happened right after I quit to windows.

I have pretty ancient drivers though. I know my 580 is fine 'cause I played warframe nonstop for about 7 hours right after.

I had two ;) And runs like garbage on two 7970, so there is that.

Kambing

So uh, i am planning on pledging this game but am having a hard time around what happens to ships... Say i pledge like $200+ and get a ship. Essentially, unless my ship is "insured" in parts of space that i paid for it to be, and gets destroyed outside of this zone, i am shit out of luck correct? Because holy shit at the idea of losing a $200 ship... I would hate my being a noob or doing something stupid to cost me a hefty sum. Kind of putting me off from supporting. Not like they need it anyway at this point lol

MrBig

So uh, i am planning on pledging this game but am having a hard time around what happens to ships... Say i pledge like $200+ and get a ship. Essentially, unless my ship is "insured" in parts of space that i paid for it to be, and gets destroyed outside of this zone, i am shit out of luck correct? Because holy shit at the idea of losing a $200 ship... I would hate my being a noob or doing something stupid to cost me a hefty sum. Kind of putting me off from supporting. Not like they need it anyway at this point lol

Pledge to support the game, not to buy a ship. All you have to pay is $30 to be able to earn everything in the live game, $40 to participate in alpha/beta.

I am a little confused. I didn't back this game but if I wanted in today what is the cheapest option? that allows Hanger Module?

Faith

Hey thanks guys. If I want to go $40 is there a link for that version?

found it. Digital Mercenary?
Best package at the moment. The Digital Scout has no Alpha/Beta access.

Digital Mercenary

You have an insurance for every ship and you can extend it. So if you lose your ship you will get it back.

Zabojnik

Hey thanks guys. If I want to go $40 is there a link for that version?

found it. Digital Mercenary?

That's the one. If you want LTI for your basic ship (the Aurora), get a veteran backer to buy and gift you the Digital Scout package version that's available only to original backers. Read the previous pages, we've covered this ten times already.

Don't listen to Xane, he spends too much time on chatroll. Probably hasn't logged out of RSI for months now. :p

Keasar

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5329/9667035876_ff2c5557ff_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I am probably the only one who genuinely wants to downgrade from business to discount. I can't stand the sterile look, everything is too clean and neat. :P

zam

You will be able to insure your ship even without lifetime insurance. The LTI only covers your hull, so any extra mods, cargo etc will be lost.

You can insure your ship, your mods, your cargo. The price of the insurance will vary depending on the ship, what area of space you are in/will be traveling to (so insurance is cheaper for policed systems, more expensive if you are going into pirate space). You can insure for different periods of time.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Kambing

Pledge to support the game, not to buy a ship. All you have to pay is $30 to be able to earn everything in the live game, $40 to participate in alpha/beta.

Best package at the moment. The Digital Scout has no Alpha/Beta access.

Digital Mercenary

You have an insurance for every ship and you can extend it. So if you lose your ship you will get it back.

You will be able to insure your ship even without lifetime insurance. The LTI only covers your hull, so any extra mods, cargo etc will be lost.

You can insure your ship, your mods, your cargo. The price of the insurance will vary depending on the ship, what area of space you are in/will be traveling to (so insurance is cheaper for policed systems, more expensive if you are going into pirate space). You can insure for different periods of time.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Thanks all you guys!

I thought a ship was necessary to get access to the game... i mean as long as i can guarantee my actual ship, i dont mind pledging more and getting a cool one lol. Thanks again!

epmode

I am probably the only one who genuinely wants to downgrade from business to discount. I can't stand the sterile look, everything is too clean and neat. :p

I like the run-down look, myself. I'd love a hangar based on the rebel base in Empire Strikes Back.

MrBig

Thanks all you guys!

I thought a ship was necessary to get access to the game... i mean as long as i can guarantee my actual ship, i dont mind pledging more and getting a cool one lol. Thanks again!

Yes, all of the packages come with at least one ship. You can pledge whatever you want really, the ships they come with are effectively just a reward, and each ship is roll oriented and not a direct upgrade to another, so make sure you're actually getting something you want to get if you want to pledge more

Mindlog

The cheapest Alpha Package is the OB Digital Scout for $35. It's the same package with LTI, a skin and alpha access.

Right now I have my store credits tied up in other gifted packages. Even Pyros was kind enough to help turn packages faster. Have to contact CIG every time I want to melt it quicker than 24 hours. After tomorrow afternoon ~16 hours from now I can turn more packages.

Zabojnik

Hey, that's not fair! I don't even recall your name. Who are you that you can say such a thing? o..o

Sorry, Xane. I didn't mean anything by it, just a crappy joke. I'm Zabojnik on RSI as well. I used to hang in chatroll during the initial pledging period and still join from time to time and you're the only GAFer I remember seeing in there. :p

Top Bottom