• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Ep3 *Spoilers* thread redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I loved the original thread and hope we can continue on in the same fashion.

To set the table, here is a pic I have never seen before:

webdoc6.jpg

Trevelyon

"Gary Oldman, who can currently be seen in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is in negotiations to perform a character voice in Star Wars: Episode III, according to his reprentatives at the Douglas Management Group. Which character's voice he may perform is not revealed, yet a good guess would be that of General Grievous, the new villain of the final prequel"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5250

Wow! Oldman's all over Hollywood & I like it.

New Grievous picture, looks ultra bad arse.

grievouscover_unknown.jpg

TaleSynz

Ep 1 so far has been the better of the two prequels...Especially cause of Darth Maul.

So we can expect alot more on screen deaths and an overall sad movie right ? Cause the Jedi all die and stuff. And who is Genreal Grievous ? Sorry, my Star Wars knowledge is very limited.

Tritroid

TaleSynz said:
Ep 1 so far has been the better of the two prequels...Especially cause of Darth Maul.

So we can expect alot more on screen deaths and an overall sad movie right ? Cause the Jedi all die and stuff. And who is Genreal Grievous ? Sorry, my Star Wars knowledge is very limited.
Grievous is a force empowered cyborg who leads the assault on the Jedi once the Clone Wars are ending. He is responsible for killing the majority of the Jedi generals, and can wield 3 lightsabers at once. He wears the sabers of the Jedi he kills around his belt.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Tritroid said:
Grievous is a force empowered cyborg who leads the assault on the Jedi once the Clone Wars are ending. He is responsible for killing the majority of the Jedi generals, and can wield 3 lightsabers at once. He wears the sabers of the Jedi he kills around his belt.

Dare I ask where he attaches the third lightsaber?

Tritroid

tedtropy said:
Dare I ask where he attaches the third lightsaber?
You mind = gutter. :p

He has the ability to move like a guerilla, making use of his legs as if they were hands. By standing on one foot, he can wield 3 sabers if one is held in the other foot. This was shown in the cartoon series, but I'm not sure how they'll pull it off in the movie without looking stupid.

wow he looks cooler and cooler.

man i hope at least the last movie is GREAT
i did not like the first 2 films so lets pray to god that the last one is amazing

AirBrian

The only thing that could possibly redeem the first 2 is a mind-blowing, fantastic Episode III. So far I like the look of it, but please Lucas, don't screw it up!!!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I liked the title "The Phantom Menace". I thought it fit the film really well and was something original and creative. I still don't care for "Attack of the Clones". That makes them sound like an enemy, and they really aren't, except in a very indirect point of view.

anakin.jpg

artofstarwars.jpg

Tentatively, I'm quite excited about Revenge of the Sith. I like what I've read, especially that whole opening sequence.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How very sly of them to use more 70's style haircuts in Ep3 for better flow between episodes, and likewise very convenient with the whole "vintage" style thing to be somewhat popular right now.

btrboyev said:
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
there was lots of death in episode II

so what are next week's lottery numbers going to be? :p

Tritroid said:
You mind = gutter. :p

He has the ability to move like a guerilla, making use of his legs as if they were hands. By standing on one foot, he can wield 3 sabers if one is held in the other foot. This was shown in the cartoon series, but I'm not sure how they'll pull it off in the movie without looking stupid.

I thought it was because his two arms split open into four arms? Have they changed it?

Dan said:

I hope he didn't hit his head on that doorway. :)

As long as they don't use a women's razor as a walkie talkie in this movie, it's going to be fine by me. Who thought it would be a good idea to make Qui-Gon's communicator a razor? George Lucas is made of money, he can afford something a little more elaborate than a trip to Wal-Mart for a razor and a can of gold spray paint!

Dan

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
I think you just stumbled on the point...
I'm aware, but I'm sure there was a better way to get the point across. Shit, The Phantom Menace Part II would have been incredibly more apt. I mean, the clones don't "attack" until Revenge of the Sith. I just don't think the name AotC fit the film very well at all.

Hamfam

Is it possible that general Grevious is infact Darth Maul brought back to life with robotic technology? That'd make alot of sense, for a number of reasons. Firstly: a cyborg is part human/part droid. It only really makes sense for a robot to have the power of the force, if it's part human, and the human had the power of the force. The movie is called "revenge of the sith", and Darth Maul was like the last living Sith.

If that were true......that would OWN.

After watching General Greivous dispatch about five Jedi on the Cartoon Network mini-series, I actually have to say I'm pumped to see this cybernetic bad-ass in action. He toyed with them and fought 3 of them with 3 limbs and they giot handled. George Lucas owes Genndy Tartakovsky a lot for actually sparking interest in the whole Episode 1-3 universe. If you haven't checked them out, they'll be released on DVD soon. Quality animation and better action than the movies. Especially Chapter 12 & 13, see Mace Windu is the man!

Anyway, Lucas has a lot of ground to cover in this movie, if it's less than 3 hours ten I'm skeptical that all the loose end will be tied up and the story won't be full of holes here an there. But seeing Obi Wan Handle Anakin should be worth the price of admission......

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
if anakin doesn't take out at least one jedi after turning into vader I'll be pissed.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
levious said:
if anakin doesn't take out at least one jedi after turning into vader I'll be pissed.

I would not expect this. However, from what I have read the "Birth of Vader" sequence will be very very cool.

evil ways

I doubt it'll happen, rumors say that after he turns into Vader the movie pretty much ends. So he'll probably be seen in costume, then cut to Obi Wan or some other scene and the movie ends.

Dan

Apharmd Battler said:
Anyway, Lucas has a lot of ground to cover in this movie, if it's less than 3 hours ten I'm skeptical that all the loose end will be tied up and the story won't be full of holes here an there. But seeing Obi Wan Handle Anakin should be worth the price of admission......
I believe Lucas is aiming for just over the 2 hour mark, just like the last two films. It certainly won't be anywhere near 3 hours, let alone above that.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
From what I've heard, Anakin falls to the dark side WELL before he dons the Vader costume. Why else would he be fighting Obi-Wan?

SteveMeister said:
From what I've heard, Anakin falls to the dark side WELL before he dons the Vader costume. Why else would he be fighting Obi-Wan?

This is true, and Anakin DOES go a little apeshit, if rumors are to be believed.

Whether or not he dons the name "Darth Vader" prior to the suit is still unknown.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
IAmtheFMan said:
This is true, and Anakin DOES go a little apeshit, if rumors are to be believed.

Whether or not he dons the name "Darth Vader" prior to the suit is still unknown.

Anakin isn't named Darth Vader until after he gets in the suit. Anakin DIES before being put into the suit. Lucas CONFIRMS his death on the Return of the Jedi commentary track. Basically Sidious uses some Dark Side ritual to bring him back to life before slapping him in the suit.

Before he becomes Vader, Anakin:

Chops off Dooku's head.

Kills Mace Windu.

Slaughters the Jedi Temple including every Youngling, Padawan, and Jedi inside.

Force Chokes Padme, killing her.

Vader basically goes apeshit after he's in the suit after Sidious tells him that he killed Padme, but it's limited to the room he's in and some droids are the only thing killed.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
evil ways said:
I doubt it'll happen, rumors say that after he turns into Vader the movie pretty much ends. So he'll probably be seen in costume, then cut to Obi Wan or some other scene and the movie ends.

that's what I don't want, Vader to be merely a cameo... it will be a shame if all the cool vader stuff prior to the original trilogy is regulated to some tv series or cartoon.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I would like to see some show of vaders awesome power and lack of compassion at the end of this film, just to really show what he's become.

Dice said:
How very sly of them to use more 70's style haircuts in Ep3 for better flow between episodes, and likewise very convenient with the whole "vintage" style thing to be somewhat popular right now.

It's about the only attention of detail the new series has shown thus far.

If Lucas was really smart, the film stock should look a bit shitty, to help tie it to the "look" of the next episodes. To be honest, I think it would cool and give it a nice little psychological tinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom