• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Toa TAK

Banned
Phasma is my next one. Won't be bad though because at the very least I can get at least 5 shards every day from GW. Just another 75 to go.

I've almost got my QGJ to 6*s and then I will have 2 full 6* teams for the Tier 6 Raid. So... when should we attempt that thing?

Oh, and this team does REALLY well against the Rancor for me:

Cap'n Phasma
Biggs
IG-86
QGJ
Mace Windu

Most of my attacks become doubles or triples.

Iceman829

So the Omega Battle Events will take place over the next three weekends and the character requirements have been updated:

May 21-22

Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian
Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks

May 28-29

Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken
Hoth : Sith and Droids

June 4-5

Jakku : First Order and Jawas
Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones

As it was before, there are three versions that unlock at:

Level 30
Level 50
Level 75

Based on your feedback, the final stage will unlock at level 75, instead of 77. Be aware, however, it's still tuned for Level 78.
Due to the fact that players are now higher levels, the Level 75 version is an updated challenge, tuned for 78+

Omega materials will only drop off the Level 75 version
It will still be 3 characters, tuned for ABOUT 3*
Additional refreshes will still cost Crystals

7 star Rey boooooooys.

Nice. I just finished 7* yesterday and geared her to 9.

sogood.gif

Ally code is 276-464-824. I'm just getting my first 7 star characters at this point. Playing on iOS, if that makes any difference.

I sent you an invite. Don't sweat what lvl / how many characters you have *ed. Everyone contributes the same towards the daily coins. They also cap out at 600 energy. Daily guild challenges you can contribute to just via normal play and just do whatever damage you can in the raid. You will receive guild coins by participating in the daily event and rewards from participating in the raid. Character Shards for Rey and ewok elder are available for purchase for guild coins as well.

http://www.mathvader.io/guilds/

That's a nice little site to help keep track of the daily events for the guild. We usually also try to post the next days event ahead of time to remind people.

Spots are still available for the guild. Please post your ID if you are interested in joining and want to lay with some fellow gaffers.

I am level 73, have a few 7* characters and play most days and would like to try the Raiding. Have mostly randoms on my ally list right now.

Ally Code is 876-276-956

Toa TAK

Banned
Omega event is up.

But I won't get any due to the characters I have being weak AF.

Level 80 grind continues for me.

Blank!

Omega event is up.

Omega events doesn't seem very hard, you might be surprised and be able to pull it off. One geared toon and 2 moderately geared toons seems good enough.

Iceman829

There is still 1 available spot in the gaf guild. Post your ally code if you would like to join. We will be starting a new raid around 12 EST as well if you are looking to jump right in.

Also, the Droid event (formerly exclusive to android) will be returning this week this time for both ios and android and will include a new lvl 80 difficulty level.

They also mentioned they are working on new events and will be communicating with us in the weeks to come.

New events are always welcome especially if the loot is good.

Omega event is up.

Ewok Elder is your friend. The chap is a beast. My Ewok squad (plus Poggle) are mashing up the arena. Well lightly mashed, I'm keeping them deliberately underleveled so I get an easy Galactic War. But still fun twatting the same boring Dooku, Darth Sidious, Luminara, etc etc squads with fucking Ewoks.

Stanng243

Ewok Elder is your friend. The chap is a beast. My Ewok squad (plus Poggle) are mashing up the arena. Well lightly mashed, I'm keeping them deliberately underleveled so I get an easy Galactic War. But still fun twatting the same boring Dooku, Darth Sidious, Luminara, etc etc squads with fucking Ewoks.

That's how GW works? If I send out my Ewok Squad, GW is easier because they aren't very high power? Although, I don't have Poggle, so I'll need a replacement for him.

That's how GW works? If I send out my Ewok Squad, GW is easier because they aren't very high power? Although, I don't have Poggle, so I'll need a replacement for him.

Kind of. I think it's based on the overall power of your last team that won a match. So you usually have to bomb your ranking a bit (I normally sit in the 1500-2000 range) but it makes GW a piece of piss.

Iceman829

Kind of. I think it's based on the overall power of your last team that won a match. So you usually have to bomb your ranking a bit (I normally sit in the 1500-2000 range) but it makes GW a piece of piss.

The rewards I get for being in the top 50 or top 20 of the arena far outweigh an easier GW for me. I also have built up a large enough roster since I've been playing since December so I don't mind if it's more difficult. I'm able to purchase 2 arena packages a day and get an additional 150/200 crystal to use towards refreshes or save up for a mk 5 furnace from the shipment store.

Blank!

The rewards I get for being in the top 50 or top 20 of the arena far outweigh an easier GW for me. I also have built up a large enough roster since I've been playing since December so I don't mind if it's more difficult. I'm able to purchase 2 arena packages a day and get an additional 150/200 crystal to use towards refreshes or save up for a mk 5 furnace from the shipment store.

I don't think it's based off your arena team anymore regardless.

GW vrs Arena is a no brainer for me. #1 priority for a new player should be completing GW. There are many more solid characters in GW than in Arena (Lum, Phasma, Ig-86, Poggle), you build characters at a faster rate, and the credits you gain is far more than what's gained from arena (not including crystal refreshes).

The characters gained in GW will help you with other challenges, whereas nearly every character I've gotten from arena is a bench warmer or fills a very small niche roll (Sidious being the most used character from the arena for me).

Certainly, I think everyone should try their best to rank as high as possible in arena because yeah, crystal refreshes are important. But the cantina refresh is most important and even FTP players should be able to do at least that. But getting over that arena hump can be very tedious and the top spots are often out of reach of the FTP/non-super hardcore.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Man GW is just way too tedious, I hardly ever complete it anymore.

I just let it go on auto until I'm out of characters and that's enough for me. It takes wayy too long, almost like 25 or 30 minutes to clear the whole thing, I mean I guess the idea is to clear it slowly throughout the day but I feel like unless you get started early on and are fairly consistent about coming back to your GW campaign you'll leave it unfinished.

I only really play this game 3 or 4 times a day for about a few minutes at a time, once in the morning while pooping, once at lunch, once after dinner and once before bed. The other things to do that take up time too.

It's also annoying that the only rewards I care about from GW come from the last 4 or so battles.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm level 77 and I've never been able to beat GW. I just don't get it.

GW is ruthless of you're over level 50 and don't have anything that is six or seven star and at your level cap.

Also GW is very dependant on bringing a good healer and sidious, because otherwise you're gonna get ruined by healer due to battles taking too long and your heroes taking too much damage

Stanng243

GW is ruthless of you're over level 50 and don't have anything that is six or seven star and at your level cap.

Also GW is very dependant on bringing a good healer and sidious, because otherwise you're gonna get ruined by healer due to battles taking too long and your heroes taking too much damage

I don't have sidious, and I do pretty good. I run Lumi 7* 73, Eeth 7* 70, Talia 7* 70, Ewok Elder 5*73, Asajj 6* 71. All are level 8 gear. I started around the 10th of March, and I've won almost 60 GW.

Blank!

Sidious is great in GW because you can exploit healers and have them waste turns. But I find massive damage/stuns to be far better. Stuns waste everyone's turn and dead people don't fight back. My team is usually Phasma, Daka, Rey, QGJ, Geo Soldier. Rey/QGJ/Geo can be replaced with IG-86 or Dooku (plenty of jedi to stun) or a healer and function basically the same. It's fairly FTP friendly as other than Daka/QGJ overlap, they're all farmable in different modes. Royal Guard can also be added for more stuns but I found it overkill. As your damage gets better, you'll have less use for the stuns.

I haven't found GW to be hard in a while, especially since turn meter now carries between rounds. Fast characters/teams (rey/QGJ/Geo/Daka all being incredibly fast) means I not only go first but will often get a 2nd turn before some of the medium/slow characters even go once (Phasma means getting in a potential 3rd turn or beating out even fast characters with a 2nd turn). It's a lot of opportunities to get a Daka assist stun on a character which lets you focus on someone else. I'll often let heals go off in order to get abilities off cooldown as well.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sidious is great in GW because you can exploit healers and have them waste turns. But I find massive damage/stuns to be far better. Stuns waste everyone's turn and dead people don't fight back. My team is usually Phasma, Daka, Rey, QGJ, Geo Soldier.

I'm gonna have to give this a shot, it's very similar to my basic line up which is just massive assists and damage.

It's just Phasma, Lumi, Geo Soldier, IG-86 and Sidious.

I've been thinking about swapping out IG-86 with an RG once I get enough shards for him to be 4 or 5 star. I wanna use old daka but my Lumi is just so much stronger than my old daka (lumi is 6 star and level 68 while old daka is 4 star level 60) so it's kind of a weird thing where I don't think the stuns would be more useful than the damage and abiltiy lock lumi brings.

My GW B team is typically a stun team, it's Ventress lead, phasma, Ahsoka, Rey and RG and it is quite fun but it takes a while.

Blank!

I'm gonna have to give this a shot, it's very similar to my basic line up which is just massive assists and damage.

It's just Phasma, Lumi, Geo Soldier, IG-86 and Sidious.

I've been thinking about swapping out IG-86 with an RG once I get enough shards for him to be 4 or 5 star. I wanna use old daka but my Lumi is just so much stronger than my old daka (lumi is 6 star and level 68 while old daka is 4 star level 60) so it's kind of a weird thing where I don't think the stuns would be more useful than the damage and abiltiy lock lumi brings.

My GW B team is typically a stun team, it's Ventress lead, phasma, Ahsoka, Rey and RG and it is quite fun but it takes a while.

I think you may be underrating stuns a bit... that said, I wasn't a huge Daka advocate until after I omega'd her basic and it's been amazing. I'm not sure if she would still stack up with a 45/40 chance at a stun(s).

Stuns are great. My team lasts through 12 fights and rarely loses anyone (bad RNG happens, I don't bother resetting for RNG as I have the roster to keep fighting regardless). Daka is just very solid overall, stuns become INSANELY important for high level cantina/dark side missions where even trash mobs 2 shot your guys... you'll be endlessly cursing in later light side missions that you don't have access to her (or Phasma). As reference, I've 3* all cantina/dark side missions but there are still 3 light side missions I haven't been able to 3* yet.

I think you may be underrating stuns a bit... that said, I wasn't a huge Daka advocate until after I omega'd her basic and it's been amazing. I'm not sure if she would still stack up with a 45/40 chance at a stun(s).

Stuns are great. My team lasts through 12 fights and rarely loses anyone (bad RNG happens, I don't bother resetting for RNG as I have the roster to keep fighting regardless). Daka is just very solid overall, stuns become INSANELY important for high level cantina/dark side missions where even trash mobs 2 shot your guys... you'll be endlessly cursing in later light side missions that you don't have access to her (or Phasma). As reference, I've 3* all cantina/dark side missions but there are still 3 light side missions I haven't been able to 3* yet.

Daka is awesome. My GW team is mostly Barris (loads of free heals), Sidious, Fives, GS and Lumi so I generally pile through the first 9 and have to get a tiny bit smart towards the end. the turn meter carrying over really makes this more easy mode. I sub in a Dooku, Phasma or Daka if I've cocked up my heals but with Barriss knocking out free ones half the time I can just sit and take the damage. It has given me an overall hatred of Vader however.

Iceman829

What do people think of the droid event rewards? They don't seem worth it to me for the energy cost involved.

I haven't bothered with it after reading what the rewards are. If these are the types of events to expect going forward I'll probably skip all of them. The rewards just aren't worth the cost.

Also they call it a droid event and pay you in jawa shards. Maybe the next Yoda event can pay out Cad Bane shards instead :p

Stanng243

I haven't bothered with it after reading what the rewards are. If these are the types of events to expect going forward I'll probably skip all of them. The rewards just aren't worth the cost.

Also they call it a droid event and pay you in jawa shards. Maybe the next Yoda event can pay out Cad Bane shards instead :p

At least in the first event, we got those droid packs. I was really hoping they came back.

Blank!

At least in the first event, we got those droid packs. I was really hoping they came back.

I'll probably do all but the last node. Seems like first time rewards are pretty worth it but repeated tries not so much. I don't know if I have the team for the last node, only 86 is 7* and the others are 6* but not fully geared/ability matted up. May give it a try but meh.

Iceman829

I'll probably do all but the last node. Seems like first time rewards are pretty worth it but repeated tries not so much. I don't know if I have the team for the last node, only 86 is 7* and the others are 6* but not fully geared/ability matted up. May give it a try but meh.
I think people were saying the last node has much higher difficulty compared to the rest

Blank!

I think people were saying the last node has much higher difficulty compared to the rest

yeah, it's multi-tiered too. Saw a video of it today though and it looks like it's been nerfed a bit, may give it a try when I get there and see.

(EDIT) the video I saw had all Ig86, 88, and HK at 7 star but only 86 and 99 at gear 9 and it didn't look "necessary". One omega on IG-86 assist which he only used against the boss so looks do-able now.

JoRo

I love this game, but every time they have an event that should be fun and enjoyable, they ALWAYS manage to cock it up. Even though they fix it sometimes (Yoda event), they still find a way to make things less and less enjoyable. "You loved the last droid event? Here, try it with using your precious energy!" Seems like they're pushing how much players can tolerate each update. Why can't every developer be like Psyonix?

Blank!

I love this game, but every time they have an event that should be fun and enjoyable, they ALWAYS manage to cock it up. Even though they fix it sometimes (Yoda event), they still find a way to make things less and less enjoyable. "You loved the last droid event? Here, try it with using your precious energy!" Seems like they're pushing how much players can tolerate each update. Why can't every developer be like Psyonix?

Yeah, 1 step forward 2 steps back...

Oh, you can use ally coins for something other than worthless packs? Great! Oh, but you still have to spend energy? Whoops... and the hardest tier is back to crystals? Oh well.

The whole event is really stupid when you consider there's only 4 farmable droids in the entire game anyway.

Aselith

Got Tarkin up to 6 star so far and I really like him. Dude hits like a truck with his passive leveled (regularly hitting for around 5400) and both of his actives are really good. HP is a little light but not too bad.

Stanng243

I can't wait until I can finally beat Yoda at 7*, so I can stop farming Jedi. I'm hoping I can make it next time, but Qui Gon is my weakest link.

Blank!

Does anyone know if there is chat in this game?

there's guild chat when you join a guild, that's about it.

New event against the Empire coming up. Going to need rebels or clones to take part. 8 waves seems like an awful lot for a group without a decent healer but we'll see how it's tuned.

JoRo

there's guild chat when you join a guild, that's about it.

New event against the Empire coming up. Going to need rebels or clones to take part. 8 waves seems like an awful lot for a group without a decent healer but we'll see how it's tuned.

I'm not going to hold my breath that it will be completable for me or most players... going off their recent track record and all. Seems like more of an event for whales with Rex, echo, and Leia being for paying players. Then you got clone sergeant who is a bit difficult to farm off hard nodes. ST Han and Ackbar splitting arena shipments. Then Lando and Luke splitting cantina farming nodes. Don't see how this is going to work for anyone except whales or people who built a rebel team from the very start. And of course people like me who tried to diversify with a bunch of characters are going to get screwed by it. Whatever, I'm use to disappointment when it comes to CG/EA.

Seems we have 4 or 5 inactive members if anyone is still wanting to join the guild.

Also, did anyone notice in their developer notes how proud they are of themselves for "looking at several player complaints" but never once mentioned the obnoxious credit drought, which seems to be at the top of the list?

Blank!

I'm not going to hold my breath that it will be completable for me or most players... going off their recent track record and all. Seems like more of an event for whales with Rex, echo, and Leia being for paying players. Then you got clone sergeant who is a bit difficult to farm off hard nodes. ST Han and Ackbar splitting arena shipments. Then Lando and Luke splitting cantina farming nodes. Don't see how this is going to work for anyone except whales or people who built a rebel team from the very start. And of course people like me who tried to diversify with a bunch of characters are going to get screwed by it. Whatever, I'm use to disappointment when it comes to CG/EA.

Seems we have 4 or 5 inactive members if anyone is still wanting to join the guild.

Also, did anyone notice in their developer notes how proud they are of themselves for "looking at several player complaints" but never once mentioned the obnoxious credit drought, which seems to be at the top of the list?

Yeah, it's going to be a pretty shitty challenge for FTP's/non-whales. There are characters/places to farm these guys, but I don't think they were high on anyone's list. I have an Ackbar/ST Han/Fives that I've leveled up... will have to bring up Biggs and either Luke or HRS after that.

Blank!

Empire event is up, it's rather easy and I think FTP players can manage.

My team was Ackbar (L), ST Han, Lando, Fives, Luke. Luke is 5* Gear 7 and Lando is 6* Gear 7. Luke was dead most of the time before final boss, he served little purpose. Lando didn't fair much better being so low level/not as geared.

My ST Han is gear 11 but it honestly didn't matter *that* much. He never ran out of protection and wouldn't run out of HP normally except for the emperor's 1-shot. Fives was worthless and never landed a speed down.

The only real key to the event appears to be Ackbar as Leader and ST Han. The new buff triggers ackbar's leadership ability and has a 1 turn cooldown. So you basically use the buff, ally assist, and get regen/O-up for next round when you have to actually attack. So you just alternate between attacking and buffing constantly and lose basically nothing. I was probably better off NOT running Luke so I wouldn't get him as an assist call.

Vader isn't hard, just have to get ackbar to go after his AoE and taunt to eat his 3rd special (it hits hard even without buffs). Emperor, you just need to taunt ST Han and let everyone whack away and give you ridiculous TM and focus down the emperor. If he gets a turn, he'll either buff everyone (worthless) or 1-shot a guy. So long as the royal guards aren't free to spread stuns everywhere, the fight is easy.

Of course, if you haven't farmed any clones/rebels you're SOL. That said, Ackbar has gone up in usefulness with the rancor raid and ST Han is one of the better choices from the arena. Star level also matters a whole lot less than gear level too.

Iceman829

I ran the event with the following:

7* Ackbar (L) 79 G8
7* ST Han 79 G8
7* CT Fives 72 G8
6* Biggs 66 G7
4* Luke 66 G8

I would rotate the retribution power around my characters and tried to target magmatroopers first.

With Vader I would kill his 2 bodyguards and then focus on him. Ackbar would heal the team if he used his AoE attack.

I would taunt frequently with ST Han to keep everyone else safe but only after 1-2 enemies were dead to not overwhelm him.

Most of it is luck based and if I lose a character before the final round it's probably a wipe, but it's doable without max characters and just people I've worked on along the way as f2p.

When fighting the emperor you really need to have St Han get his taunt off. Sometimes I use an Ackbar cure to cleanse him of speed down or stun if I can before his turn. Han always ends up dying for me due to the Emperors lightning attack, but he does his job. While Han soaks in the damage I unload everything I can into the palps. Once The RGs taunt triggers I just focus on them until it wears off and then continue on palps. Once he's dead I can auto battle and check back in 5 minutes when my team finally kills all the guards.

It was fun beating it on my first attempt. I really was just guessing and trying to keep everyone alive. Hopefully I have enough characters for whatever the next event is as well.

I'm currently banking cantina credits since I'm not sure who to invest in. I'm hoping they add someone to the list soon. I can't justify spending credits on Ashoka after leveling up a full team of jedi for the Yoda event. The other characters don't appeal to me either.

Blank!

I'm currently banking cantina credits since I'm not sure who to invest in. I'm hoping they add someone to the list soon. I can't justify spending credits on Ashoka after leveling up a full team of jedi for the Yoda event. The other characters don't appeal to me either.

My priority list for Cantina has been:

QGJ > Daka > Fives > Ashoka (for Jedi event, can skip if you have another) > Poe > HRS > Boba Fett/Stormtrooper > Foo/Mob Enforcer/JKG

There's a good chance Dengar ends up in the cantina if you decide to save up though. They just added Tarkin to arena and Cad to GW fairly recently, so I think cantina is next (or cantina node? I forget).

I've finished the first 5 of my list, working on HRS at the moment. Boba is at 6* right now too and I randomly hit up his hard node since I need that stupid armor item anyway.

Dunno if I'll need stormtrooper but may as well start working on one in case of Empire event is next and not scoundrels.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh man I just hit that point where I am out of money and training droids.

This feels really bad.

I'm down to my last million credits and even though I'm level 72 only two of my characters are over level 65 and the bulk of my main characters are 60.

Oh man I just hit that point where I am out of money and training droids.

This feels really bad.

I'm down to my last million credits and even though I'm level 72 only two of my characters are over level 65 and the bulk of my main characters are 60.
You finishing Galactic War regularly?

If not, you need to make that your main priority. It's the main source of credits and even then you still have to make choices. Work on Luminara and Jedi Consular then getting as many characters to the same power level as your top 5 until you can beat it.

The difficulty of GW scales to your top 5 power characters, so if you're not beating it you should postpone working on your top 5 until you can.

Top Bottom