• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Iceman829

Star Wars Day wouldn’t be complete without Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Check out the special offers Capital Games has in store for Star Wars gamers on the go:

· Double Rewards – Starting April 30 to May 5, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will have double rewards (excluding XP) that players can earn each day with different game modes. The first mode to have these double rewards will be Cantina Battles. Be sure to log in to get double Credits, Ability Materials, Training Droids, Sim Tickets and character Shards.

· Sale on Crystal Bundles – Only on Star Wars Day can Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players receive 25% more Crystals when purchasing any of the Crystal packs available, limited to one of each pack, to use towards Data Cards or Shipment Crates.

Save that cantina energy up for tomorrow

Stanng243

I haven't seen a list yet. Hopefully they either release the next days activity beforehand or someone data mines it. If I find anything I'll make sure to post it

Thank you.
I'm going after the raid right after we get the rewards for Arena today. Getting a character up to 6 stars.

Iceman829

Thank you.
I'm going after the raid right after we get the rewards for Arena today. Getting a character up to 6 stars.

I'll pitch in my effort for the raid when I get home tonight. I ran a test squad through just to see how things worked compared to what I read online.

Nice little FYI you can retreat from the battle like GW where it resets all progress, so if you want to get a feel and see what character combinations work you can retreat without fear of losing anyone.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hmm weird, I can't connect at the moment.

I am stuck at loading cantina until it just drops a connection error telling me to restart the client.

Stanng243

These promotions are on point this month. Got so many shards and Cantina coins from them.

Edit: Question: Does the order you level up matter? If I level up a character, then add stars, will I end up the same power level as if I added the stars and then leveled up? I'm not sure exactly what determines the power gain.

Got my raid reward. Items I received are all higher ranks than the ones I need. This is both good and bad as it means I'll be more ready when I get to Rank 9 gear to actually get some, but bad because it doesn't help me get past rank 8 with my guys now. :)

These promotions are on point this month. Got so many shards and Cantina coins from them.

Edit: Question: Does the order you level up matter? If I level up a character, then add stars, will I end up the same power level as if I added the stars and then leveled up? I'm not sure exactly what determines the power gain.

The order does not matter. Additional stars increases the multiplier on stats. All units have str/agi/int roughly base * level * star multiplier. I'm unclear if there is some portion of the base that's a flat value or not.

ghostmind

Based on feedback in the guild chat, I've started a Tier 4 raid. This should help our lower level players participate more, and get some usable loot.

For those not aware, starting a new raid does reset your raid participation for the day, so in the new raid you have 5 battles with full units instead of whatever was left over from the old raid.

Stanng243

Got my raid reward. Items I received are all higher ranks than the ones I need. This is both good and bad as it means I'll be more ready when I get to Rank 9 gear to actually get some, but bad because it doesn't help me get past rank 8 with my guys now. :)

The order does not matter. Additional stars increases the multiplier on stats. All units have str/agi/int roughly base * level * star multiplier. I'm unclear if there is some portion of the base that's a flat value or not.

Thank you.

Jaleel

T6 Raid is tough gunna take my guid 3-4 days lol. MK5 Droidcaller better show up. ....srsly....or sell em in fucking shipments.

Iceman829

Damn Rancor ate my Barris at the very beginning of the fight. Still had full protection and everything. UGH

Use the retreat (top left) and restart the battle. Unlike GW the Rancor fight plays out different each time. I like to use a character that can apply a friendly buff before the rancor attacks. He will chose to dispel this attack usually. Phasma (advantage), Rey (foresight), Kylo (counterattack), any taunt character, etc. I wish Phasma's leader skill worked on the Rancor battle. It seems strange certain leaders are unusable.

Use the retreat (top left) and restart the battle. Unlike GW the Rancor fight plays out different each time. I like to use a character that can apply a friendly buff before the rancor attacks. He will chose to dispel this attack usually. Phasma (advantage), Rey (foresight), Kylo (counterattack), any taunt character, etc. I wish Phasma's leader skill worked on the Rancor battle. It seems strange certain leaders are unusable.

That reminds me, I've been unable to get Daka to revive anyone during one of these battles. Just bad luck or not possible?

Blank!

It does work, you must just be very unlucky.

No it doesn't. They were all bugged and just recently fixed in yesterday's/today's patch.

Announced GW change too, turn meter carries over between rounds and enemies start at 0 turn meter (past the 1st node) like regular PvE fights. GW got a whole lot easier....

KJRS_1993

I've been playing this game for about a week or two now, so I'm just going to drop these down:

- I've nearly unlocked Luke, Dooku and Sidious. Are any of these worth putting training droids and gear into? Any other characters worth playing for?

- What's the best thing to spend crystals on? I can nearly afford the 8 card pack, but some people say it's a waste of time. Any other ideas?

Cheers!

Moff

I've been playing this game for about a week or two now, so I'm just going to drop these down:

- I've nearly unlocked Luke, Dooku and Sidious. Are any of these worth putting training droids and gear into? Any other characters worth playing for?

- What's the best thing to spend crystals on? I can nearly afford the 8 card pack, but some people say it's a waste of time. Any other ideas?

Cheers!

Dooku and Sidious are good in my opinion

don't buy the cards, buy refreshs for stuff that gives you character shards

I swear I've seen bonus attacks from Phasma before, but if you say I'm wrong I can't argue.

Dooku and Sidious are good in my opinion

don't buy the cards, buy refreshs for stuff that gives you character shards

I know this is the prevailing wisdom, but I buy the packs anyway, because I've had tremendously bad luck with refreshes and I've had really good luck with Chromium packs.

Seriously, I'm the guy who will get zero drops of note out of spending 1000 crystals on refreshing, to turn around and get Rey, Leia, and Darth Maul to drop out of a single Chromium Mega-pack. And specifically Leia for me, I've gotten numerous shards from her out of every pack I've ever bought (all the way up to 51/100 at 6*).

Maybe I should consider Arena refreshes, but I hate arena. I'd rather do GW every day than even 5 arena battles, which I know is bizarre and a tad silly.

Of course now that I've said this, I'll never see anything worthwhile out of a pack again.

Stanng243

I too buy packs. I feel like refreshing specific missions is a waste. I don't need anyone specific that bad. Additionally, cards are the only way to get certain characters.

I'm curious, how do people treat the shard shop? I usually try and have 300 points available, but once I spend them, it takes me a while to get back. How much do you usually spend a day on getting points for the shard shop.

Toa TAK

Banned
The only thing I ever get from the card shop are the Bronzium freebies and occasionally the 65,625 credit pack.

I'm usually using up the crystals for farming the shit for a certain character.

I've had Rey for a long while now but at this point I'm just trying for a 7 star, for example.

The Guild store and Shard shop is a huge help since it's gotten here.

Stanng243

The only thing I ever get from the card shop are the Bronzium freebies and occasionally the 65,625 credit pack.

I'm usually using up the crystals for farming the shit for a certain character.

I've had Rey for a long while now but at this point I'm just trying for a 7 star, for example.

The Guild store and Shard shop is a huge help since it's gotten here.

I've picked most of my 7 shard characters from the GW, This past double event really helped. I've only been playing 2 months, and I've got 3 7 shard characters. To be fair though, I poured almost 13$ into the game.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've picked most of my 7 shard characters from the GW, This past double event really helped. I've only been playing 2 months, and I've got 3 7 shard characters. To be fair though, I poured almost 13$ into the game.

Just $13?

That's pretty good for this kind of game, isn't it? lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I might pick this game back up now that I have a new phone and it runs quite well. I fired it up yesterday and had 500 shards (crystals? whatever the currency is) in my mail, so that's cool.

I don't have anybody above a 5-star, and only one at that (sidious.) 6-7 always seemed really far out of reach when I was playing the game earlier this year, and it doesn't really look like much changed in that regard? You still are pretty much best off just using your crystals on energy/level refreshes on farming one specific char token hundreds of times?

Stanng243

Just $13?

That's pretty good for this kind of game, isn't it? lol

It's the most I've ever put into a F2P game. I wouldn't have spent so much but I bought credits with crystals when I wanted character packs.

I might pick this game back up now that I have a new phone and it runs quite well. I fired it up yesterday and had 500 shards (crystals? whatever the currency is) in my mail, so that's cool.

I don't have anybody above a 5-star, and only one at that (sidious.) 6-7 always seemed really far out of reach when I was playing the game earlier this year, and it doesn't really look like much changed in that regard? You still are pretty much best off just using your crystals on energy/level refreshes on farming one specific char token hundreds of times?

I've gotten 2 7* characters from GW. It's a good source. My third is Talia, whom I farmed with the Squad Cantina. For 100 crystals, you get 120 Energy. That's 15 chances at shard for her in the first level. It's also 195 cantina coins, which is almost half of a purchase from the cantina store.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's the most I've ever put into a F2P game. I wouldn't have spent so much but I bought credits with crystals when I wanted character packs.

The reason I always avoid the character packs is that it might as well be gambling. Whether it's a character I want or that it'll just give me shards for ones I already have I just ignore them.

I think I've got an okay team with Rey, Luminara, Darth Vader, HK-47, and Phasma as my frontrunners.

Iceman829

I swear I've seen bonus attacks from Phasma before, but if you say I'm wrong I can't argue.

I know this is the prevailing wisdom, but I buy the packs anyway, because I've had tremendously bad luck with refreshes and I've had really good luck with Chromium packs.

Seriously, I'm the guy who will get zero drops of note out of spending 1000 crystals on refreshing, to turn around and get Rey, Leia, and Darth Maul to drop out of a single Chromium Mega-pack. And specifically Leia for me, I've gotten numerous shards from her out of every pack I've ever bought (all the way up to 51/100 at 6*).

Maybe I should consider Arena refreshes, but I hate arena. I'd rather do GW every day than even 5 arena battles, which I know is bizarre and a tad silly.

Of course now that I've said this, I'll never see anything worthwhile out of a pack again.

There was a glitch where apparently only the first leader you used in the rancor would work properly and others were not. Someone else posted they patched this which will make things much better going forward.

Shard packs are all about RNG. I've had better luck with bronze packs than with shard packs, so I now just invest my crystals in cantina refreshes and a normal energy refresh during LS / DS / HM guild days.

I get 100-150 crystals from arena every day, so that alone keeps most of my purchases going. All the crystals CG awarded us I have been putting towards guild stuff and spent a bunch during the x2 events.

5/5/2016 Patch Notes:

New Updates

Chat in combat (all game modes) – players are now able to chat across all game modes with their Guild mates while in combat.
The Achievements button has been moved from the Settings menu to the in-game Achievements menu.

Bug Fixes

The Raid pre-battle screen will now only show characters that are eligible to bring into the battle.
Commas have been added to Damage done in Raid leaderboards.
The last chat message is now always displayed at the bottom of the player's screen until the chat window has been opened. This allows a player to more easily tell when a Guild member has posted a message.
All leader abilities now properly activate in Raids after the first attempt.
Reverse lookup now works properly when pointing to character shards that appear in the Shard Shop.
Players will now receive a message that they must be in a Guild when using reverse lookup for items in the Guild Store if they aren’t already in a Guild.
The Door Control Panel in The Pit Raid can no longer dodge attacks.
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a crash when crafting Gear.
The Door Control Panel in The Pit Raid will now have its Turn Meter persist between attempts.
The Protection meter on characters will now regenerate slightly in between phases of The Pit Raid as long as the character has at least a small percentage of their Protection remaining.

Moff

I too buy packs. I feel like refreshing specific missions is a waste. I don't need anyone specific that bad.
well if you have your favourite characters on 6 oder 7 stars you don't need to refresh anymore I guess. but someone who plays on that level does not need advice on what he should spend his gems on.

Additionally, cards are the only way to get certain characters.

which are kinda useless characters because you can't properly level them up

Stanng243

well if you have your favourite characters on 6 oder 7 stars you don't need to refresh anymore I guess. but someone who plays on that level does not need advice on what he should spend his gems on.

which are kinda useless characters because you can't properly level them up

To your first point, in the 2 months I've been playing, I haven't refreshed a specific hard mission more than twice.

To your 2nd point, true. Not now at least, but if you keep buying cards you'll keep getting shards. They may be added into missions later also. Someone in this thread had Leia at 6* just from buying cards if I remember correctly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I apparently have 7,300 of the arena currency.

uh, what do? Just keep buying sidious tokens to upgrade him to 5+?

Blank!

I apparently have 7,300 of the arena currency.

None of the arena characters are particularly great. Sidious is a fine choice and will help with dark side fights/GW and his universal leader ability helps too.

The thing with Chromium packs vs. refreshes, is that both are just different aspects of luck. I'm sure everybody has gone through 100+ energy without a single shard drop, or a single gear piece drop. Too many experiences doing that after burning crystals has turned me off of it, at least with Packs I'm guaranteed something interesting, in a "gotta-catch-em-all" kind of way.

My experience(and some basic math) tells me that the 2520 packs give significantly more shards on average than you get out of refreshes, just not targeted. And, obviously, packs don't help with gearing up.

I did use a ton of refreshes when the rewards were doubled. That wholly changes the equation, they need to run that one more often.

There was a glitch where apparently only the first leader you used in the rancor would work properly and others were not.
Well, that would explain why I thought it worked then, Phasma was my first leader.

Agree with Sidious first.

Asajj and Admiral Ackbar are the ones I would pick up after Sidious. Asajj strips enemy buffs and Ackbar strips ally debuffs.

EDIT: Only after I left did I realize I had IG-86 and 88 messed up. D'oh.

Top Bottom