• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft: Ghost screens

pxleyes

Banned
I guess no one listens.

THESE ARE OLD SCREENSHOTS FROM AN OLD VERSION OF THE GAME.

THE GAME IS NOW COMING OUT ON NEXT-GEN CONSOLES, AND THESE SHOTS ARE OBSOLETE.

maybe someone will read it this time......

Pimpbaa

Hyoushi said:
starcraft-ghost-20050817004015550.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bootsguy.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
pxleyes said:
I guess no one listens.

Whoa, where did you see this? Why was it shown at E3 if they were just going to turn it around?

Ferny84

Banned
pxleyes said:
I guess no one listens.

que?

duckroll

pxleyes said:
I guess no one listens.

Time to put out or shut up. Cite a source and own us all please. :D

pxleyes said:
Put up, now shut up :D

Picture47.jpg

Picture48.jpg

From catalog found in World of Warcraft.
ok

IGN said:
Blizzard representatives confirmed that StarCraft: Ghost would remain a title for the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox. The advertisement appeared in a booklet inside the World of Warcraft packaging, and apparently used outdated text, according to Blizzard. The company went on to say "there are currently no plans to develop the title for the next tier of next generation consoles" ...

duckroll

pxleyes said:
Put up, now shut up :D

Picture47.jpg

Picture48.jpg

From catalog found in World of Warcraft.

And from http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/faq.shtml:

What new features have been added since Swingin' Ape Studios took over co-development of StarCraft: Ghost?

Swingin' Ape has reconstructed the game engine and redesigned the single-player campaign. The majority of its work, though, has involved designing and implementing StarCraft: Ghost's new multiplayer features, which include:

- Online play for Xbox on Xbox Live and for Playstationョ 2 on Battle.netョ
- Unique competitive game modes, including Capture the Base mode, where two teams of players vie for control of a single floating Terran base
- Playable multiplayer characters drawn from the StarCraft universe, including the Ghost, Marine, Firebat, and Light Infantry

When will StarCraft: Ghost be released?

While we have not yet announced a street date for StarCraft: Ghost, we anticipate that the game will be complete in the first half of 2006. However, as with all of our games, we will not release StarCraft: Ghost until it meets the high standards that Blizzard gamers and our development teams demand.

On what platforms will StarCraft: Ghost be available?

StarCraft: Ghost will be available on the Xbox・ GameCube・ and Playstationョ 2.

I guess it's shut up time for you. :D

dark10x

Umm, I hope you realize that a lot of companies still refer to the current machines as "Next generation consoles"...right?

That probably pre-dates E3 2005 and Ghost was shown at E3 as a current gen title.

pxleyes

Banned
Blizzard representatives confirmed that StarCraft: Ghost would remain a title for the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox. The advertisement appeared in a booklet inside the World of Warcraft packaging, and apparently used outdated text, according to Blizzard. The company went on to say "there are currently no plans to develop the title for the next tier of next generation consoles" ...

Never read that before, thx for the correction Car.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
pxleyes said:

I guess no one listens.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Old Ghost = Oil Painting
New Ghost = Finger Painting

Faith in Swingin Ape -237

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The game doesnt look too hot, but it doesnt help that the shots are so friggin huge. Every little shitty detail is visible. The official site has some of these shots and while still not impressive, they dont look horrible.

I remember when the game supposedly looked like this before they switched developers:
starcraftghost_091902_001.jpg

starcraftGhost_033103_37.jpg

:(

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Why are all the new shots so bloody huge?

Since when did gamecube games display in 1280 x1024?

dark10x

I remember when the game supposedly looked like this before they switched developers:
It looked like that because it was originally a linear, stealth game ala Splinter Cell. It seems that this new version from Swinging Ape is a wide open action game with a much larger scale.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
dark10x said:
Swinging Ape Studios. The fine folks that brought you Metal Arms - Glitch in the System. :)

Never playerd that game but if it isnt Blizzard then it dosent matter either way.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
dark10x said:
Swinging Ape Studios. The fine folks that brought you Metal Arms - Glitch in the System. :)

Swining Ape has been bought by Blizzard and turned into a Blizzard team, so it technically is Blizzard now.

dark10x

haunts said:
Never playerd that game but if it isnt Blizzard then it dosent matter either way.
Awww, come now, they deserve your support. Don't be so choosy...

See?

Swining Ape has been bought by Blizzard and turned into a Blizzard team, so it technically is Blizzard now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ya'll always so harsh on static screen shots.

Anyway, I played it.

Control was a little fierce, but the game wasn't bad.
Had some very nice fire effects.

Its something to keep an eye on.

Teddman

Because the previous build just didn't play well.

The stealth and action approaches to level design are so much better balanced in the Swingin' Ape revision. Before, the control was unintuitive, sneaking around in stealth was a very imprecise task and if you got discovered, zerglings usually took Nova apart before you could get off many shots. It looked nice graphically... But that didn't matter once you picked up the controller.

Now the stealth controls tightly, levels allow for a variety of tactics and multiple paths, and the combat is as fluid and intuitive as something like Metal Arms. The difference between the E3 2K4 and 2K5 builds was like night and day.

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
The game doesnt look too hot, but it doesnt help that the shots are so friggin huge. Every little shitty detail is visible. The official site has some of these shots and while still not impressive, they dont look horrible.

starcraftghost_091902_001.jpg

starcraftGhost_033103_37.jpg

:(

=*(

=*(

I was really looking forward to this game. Solid Snake with boobies in space!

They should have got Ubisoft to make this game. It's bound to be technically impressive, and I wouldn't mind them milking the hell out of this franchise.

ToxicAdam said:
Finally... a game that PDZero can laugh at.
:lol but the difference is that pd0 is actually supposed to be next gen.

edit: oh no this is supposed to be next gen 2 ... next gen am cry :lol

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Didn't anyone play this at E3? It was on all three current-gen systems.

The Zerg look really good in motion, and the guy I talked to said that the hydralisk model they had in-game was comparable to the one they had in the intro cinema. Slightly less polys, or something. It was technical. But yeah, the hydralisk was hot.

Anywho, unless they've changed the release date from "when it's done" I wouldn't really get in a huff about the shots. Do you see any Protoss yet? I think it has a ways to go.

Mrbob

Blizzard games are always the pinnacle of graphical excellence.

These shots have taken a hit, but I don't care.

A NEW STARCRAFT GAME! And it will be mine! :D

Top Bottom