• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

calder

Good god the new Terran units... drool worthy. Sure they'll be PTRed into meaninglessness, then withdrawn from multi, but still.

Seiniyta

When this is your WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and this shits happening WHEN YOURE FUCKING blizzard who is COLOSSALY BIG this is indeed the worst shit ever

WE vs CLG.EU says hi though, the finals of the LoL tournament had a disconnect, and no features to reconnect then (well, after everyone disconnected at least). Which hasn't been that long ago. I think that was far worse, this is still really bad, don't get me wrong. But here the games at least can be resumed unlike what happened wiht League of Legends then.

Is this unacceptable? absolutely, but it's not the worst :p

SamuraiX-

20,000 viewers gone from stream since the downtime started. Remember when we hit like 130-140k last year?

Yeah, that's not happening again.

You know, I'd be totally cool sitting through this if I knew that this would finally make Blizzard do what's necessary, but who am I kidding? This is a Blizzard. The company that prides themselves on an ongoing culture of inserting their heads as far up their own asses as they possibly can.

Good god the new Terran units... drool worthy. Sure they'll be PTRed into meaninglessness, then withdrawn from multi, but still.

MC and HyuN thoroughly assured that none of new Terran units/changes will look anything like they currently do in a few months from now.

kasane

WE vs CLG.EU says hi though, the finals of the LoL tournament had a disconnect, and no features to reconnect then (well, after everyone disconnected at least). Which hasn't been that long ago. I think that was far worse, this is still really bad, don't get me wrong. But here the games at least can be resumed unlike what happened wiht League of Legends then.

Is this unacceptable? absolutely, but it's not the worst :p

thats one game? this is like the 2nd? and how long did it take for the first series yesterday to finish? 5 hours? 6 hours? this is some bullshit

SamuraiX-

thats one game? this is like the 2nd? and how long did it take for the first series yesterday to finish? 5 hours? 6 hours? this is some bullshit

I'm pretty sure all these technical difficulties started as early as Bomber vs MMA yesterday. Then they just got progressively worse.

The outcomes of herO vs Classic and TaeJa vs INnoVation were undoubtedly decided by this bullshit in a significant way.

Syf

Banned
i think every single match at blizzcon has had an extended delay so far. taken as a whole this is the worst esports event i've watched

Tovarisc

Toll that has to take on players too. Need to regain focus after long times of waiting etc.

kasane

jesus fuck now i dont know if i should give these fuckers my money for LotV

if you dont care for the biggest tournament of your game then it might take you months again to fix a simple score screen bug or some other bullshit

Lethe82

Banned
I'm pretty sure all these technical difficulties started as early as Bomber vs MMA yesterday. Then they just got progressively worse.

The outcomes of herO vs Classic and TaeJa vs INnoVation were undoubtedly decided by this bullshit in a significant way.

I'm actually wondering if the Blizzcon finals will have to be delayed. I mean seriously, they were what five hours over time yesterday and the problem seems even worse today? Can you guys imagine in the R016 was played at Blizzcon?

This is a complete disaster, no two ways about it, and the matches yesterday weren't even that good.

Lethe82

Banned
Yep. Isn't there already a 'play offline match' option in Hots? Why can't they just use that? No obs PC is set up to be connected I guess?

Also the casters better get bonuses, all the dead air they have had to fill is no joke.

SamuraiX-

lol I missed this earlier

zwRMJlb.png

QQ

SamuraiX-

Artosis must be loving this downtime. He's probably running over to the Hearthstone area and catching the grand finals in the mean time.

Seiniyta

Artosis must be loving this downtime. He's probably running over to the Hearthstone area and catching the grand finals in the mean time.

I think you're on to something, perhaps he sabotaged the SC2 tourney which put the engineers for a mystery wtf's going on and whilst they are figuring it out he happily watches the hearthstone tourney, once that's done, he returns and magically it all works again :p

Lethe82

Banned
Well a speeding opening would shut the cyclone down right? I mean it isn't very fast. Is the Cyclone reactor or tech lab?

At least they aren't torturing casters by forcing them to come up with topics to talk about like last night.

There was some game in WoL where MKP all killed another team, and I think it dropped during the match with parting and took over an hour to get back up, eventually wolf started talking about which player had the better hair.

Seiniyta

At least they aren't torturing casters by forcing them to come up with topics to talk about like last night.

Does put their talents as both casters and entertainers to good use though!

#Staypositive

Edit: also, I really miss Tasteless quote: E-sports is the vehicle of technology. When things went wrong during GSL and stuff.

Tovarisc

Does put their talents as both casters and entertainers to good use though!

#Staypositive

Yet you just know that shit gets forced when even Day9 runs out of interesting SC 2 stuff to talk about that is relative to moment :D I was tired when watching yesterday, but I think he kinda went full circle at one point and talked about stuff he already talked about earlier.

JLeack

Banned
Coming back at 1:35.

Power issues... I'm going to take back some of the blame I've placed on Blizzard. This could be something that is local to the Anaheim Convention Center.

kasane

Power issues... I'm going to take back some of the blame I've placed on Blizzard. This could be something that is local to the Anaheim Convention Center.

how about the lights

how about the other tournaments

how about that huge ass screen thats still running

Tovarisc

No other tournaments have been affected by said issue.

That said there is possibility that power circuit to which SC 2 servers are hooked is crapping out while others can hold on and work under load given by BlizzCon.

Seiniyta

how about the lights

how about the other tournaments

how about that huge ass screen thats still running

Could be cable issue, power supply issue, even if they find the problem, if they don't have a spare server around they have to get them first set up and shit. Just not proper contacts etc. It happens.

The important part is how they are prepared for situations like this, in this case I would say it's been on the slow side unfortunately.

kasane

Could be cable issue, power supply issue, even if they find the problem, if they don't have a spare server around they have to get them first set up and shit. Just not proper contacts etc. It happens.

The important part is how they are prepared for situations like this, in this case I would say it's been on the slow side unfortunately.

prepared

you call this prepared albeit slow?

they had 12 hours

Seiniyta

prepared

you call this prepared albeit slow?

they had 12 hours

I don't think my statement in inaccurate, also, just to make sure we're on the same page here what I mean is: too slow/not well prepared.

I do hope afterwards we get from the casters etc the story what happened.

SamuraiX-

1T5YcMz.png

I want to believe...

This is actually hilarious because the Hearthstone grand final LITERALLY just concluded.

I see you, Artosis.

Top Bottom