• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield has 'Mixed' reviews on Steam (Up: 'Recent' reviews are Mostly Negative)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Starfield is now rated Mostly Negative on Steam based on Recent Reviews

Despite controversy, Starfield has released with an user score of 89% from 3,087 steam reviews. Many reviewers have nearly 50 hours in the game

What's your veredict?

rWzh1ND.png

560808fd2d9f2159fc6a71e7695e29b518bc2adef53bc8a2bc9824cb3152bd87.png

For context, Starfield is currently sitting between Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 in terms of Steam reviews.

uXCTGYk.jpg

• Fallout New Vegas : 95.24%
  • Skyrim : 93.88%
  • Oblivion : 93.77%
  • Morrowind : 93.14%
  • Fallout 4 : 81.85%
  • Starfield 75%
  • Fallout 76 : 71.73%

Review Thread

Space toddity (OT)

Last edited:

Stuart360

Just started the game. It's pretty slow at the beginning.

Dunno what people will be able to see in 2 hrs. Just the mine I guess.
I dont think you can even get to Constellation in 2 hours, which is the start of the game technically. I know i didnt anyway but i was exploring that planet where you have to kill that guy for a while though.

sainraja

I am sure there are people who are "griefers" but for most people, after having spent 2 hours in a game, will know whether or not they will like it. A game requiring a 5- to 10-hour commitment or more is a huge ask, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Dane

Only rats and contrarian shills wanted it to fail, feels like the NMA "Boycott Bethesda's Fallout 3" all over again.

I could get into Kreet into a one and half hour and that's after exploring and reloading saves for fun, you can do that in 30-40 minutes if you don't care about going too far.

Last edited:
Game has the worst opening of any Bethesda RPG I've played. It made me almost agree with the 7/10 reviews. It definitely gets better the more you play it.

I am sure there are people who are "griefers" but for most people, after having spent 2 hours in a game, will know whether or not they will like it. A game requiring a 5- to 10-hour commitment or more is a huge ask, unfortunately.

You guys didn't play any previous Bethesda game?

This is like that only. In Fallout 3 you are stuck in a vault. In Skyrim you are on trial.

First 2-3 hrs are just that.

L*][*N*K

Banned
People have only been able to review the game for a little over 2 hours. That’s a huge number.
those who have been playing it for six days weren’t allowed to rate it, now that they are they rated it, it is really not rocket science by the way you people just chose to be morons

Despite controversy, Starfield has released with an user score of 89% from 3,087 steam reviews.
89% is basically exactly what the critics gave it...

I was surprised with the Steam numbers. I know there are many ways to play this one, but it didn't come close to BG3's peak today, on its own launch day.

Cyberpunkd

What controversy?
The fact that the game is a reskin of last few Bethesda games with nothing new to the table. NMS does space exploration better, countless other RPGs do story and character interaction better. Settlements are copy paste feature from Fallout 4 or NMS.
Planets are procedurally generated within a small radius from your landing site. Abandoned research stations, mining complexes, etc. are copy pasted with same enemy placement and same layout.

It’s a 8/10 game at most and disappointment if you expected anything more than “Skyrim with guns”.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
The fact that the game is a reskin of last few Bethesda games with nothing new to the table. NMS does space exploration better, countless other RPGs do story and character interaction better. Settlements are copy paste feature from Fallout 4 or NMS.
Planets are procedurally generated within a small radius from your landing site. Abandoned research stations, mining complexes, etc. are copy pasted with same enemy placement and same layout.

It’s a 8/10 game at most and disappointment if you expected anything more than “Skyrim with guns”.
How is Skyrim, but with guns and in space ever a controversy? You can literally tell its a Bethesda game and its the kind of game that has a special charm to it.

Reskin. I love how years of work gets reduced to a single word like it has meaning.

Top Bottom