• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield is getting DLSS support

Kenpachii

Truth.

Ima just finish BG3 and then jump on Starfield in a few weeks

Same shit i do, i wait a few months before i dip in. Get the game for cheaper and have the full actual bug free experience as much as i can. Will start hogwarts this weekend.

Brightness and Contrast controls
HDR Calibration Menu
FOV Slider
Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
Eat button for food!

I'll take one Brightness and Contrast control, some HDR Calibration with a side of DLSS, hold the creative choice please.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
But, they are not even the same game genre? One is a CRPG and the other is a staright space RPG. BG3 has the DnD backbone to allow "unlimited" possibilities, whereas Starfield is to a point procedural but very much has a limit on possibilities.

Neither should be compared to each other, yet everyone keeps doing and whinging that one doesn't exceed the other. That just sounds like ignorance for the sake of a narrative.
Nah, BG3 killed my interest for Starfield completely. How many 100+ hours games do you think people can play at once? I'll probably revisit Starfield once good mods are out for it.

Bojji

Yes, but it has false logic in it. Changing from FSR to DLSS changes nothing about performance/optimization.
Man they give you a great package, now adding everything that game needed technically and still people upset. Again crying gamers everywhere :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Most people (including me) will finish the game before they will had half of those (fucking essential) options. They had years of development, several delays and hundreds of millions $ budget before release and they couldn't implement some basic things.

poodaddy

When they add the FOV slider, I'm supposing I should probably delete the ini doc I made for changing the FOV. Will that cause a weird conflict, or will it simply be redundant. I would hope that their system files would take precedence over an ini, but hell....who knows man lol.

damidu

holding off until these “day one must have” features are in, game wasn’t doing anything for me in first 10+ hour’s anyway and there are shit ton of stuff to play.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
Most people (including me) will finish the game before they will had half of those (fucking essential) options. They had years of development, several delays and hundreds of millions $ budget before release and they couldn't implement some basic things.
As with every game. You are on Xbox? Because DLSS and SpecialK was available from day 1 on PC.

Bojji

As with every game. You are on Xbox? Because DLSS and SpecialK was available from day 1 on PC.

I'm using dlss from PD, I can also live with sdr game.

I didn't see any (non japanese) game without any brightness or gamma setting in a long time, this is some basic stuff. On pc you can fix that with mods or color filters but console players have to experience "creative vision" of Todd Howard with gray blacks and washed out colors until (someday) patch arrives.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Hopefully this patch doesn't take months or I will just lose interest and itll go down to the bottom of my backlog with the rest of BGS games.

The hype level was through the roof. People were expecting it to be a landmark title in the same vein as BOTW or Elden Ring. First new Bethesda IP in 25 years, Skyrim in space (one of the most influential games of the past 15 years), and the big game that was supposed to mark the beginning of a new era for Xbox. Instead, it seems to be a pretty good game that falls short in a lot of areas. Many are pissed because it didn't come close to live up to the astronomical hype.
Which also makes no sense to me because the game is literally a better looking, more authentic version of No Man's Sky with guns that are actually sick and shooting mechanics (this is a really good thing) that you can clearly tell ID Tech worked on, combined with Bethesda's best RPG system yet.

It's literally two games in one. The NMS half, exploring planets and such is almost entirely optional.

You can play a lot of the game just in the cities like it's fallout or skyrim.

The ONLY major flaw I've come across in the game is the loading screens and I'm sure in time mods will help/fix/change that.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
I'm using dlss from PD, I can also live with sdr game.

I didn't see any (non japanese) game without any brightness or gamma setting in a long time, this is some basic stuff. On pc you can fix that with mods or color filters but console players have to experience "creative vision" of Todd Howard with gray blacks and washed out colors until (someday) patch arrives.
It's distracting for sure. But we have to see how it looks after patch. Then we can talk about 'creative vision'.

Top Bottom