• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield | Review Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 40-45%

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 65-70%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 81 12.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 241 37.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 243 37.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 55 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The sand dollars cleared then.
episode 4 sand people GIF by Star Wars

That’s racist.

MMaRsu

Banned
I haven't and won't argue that they are the SAME game, they aren't. It's just the people acting as if literally no game before SF has done what it is doing, which is 100% verifiably no true. What does "not a normal game" even mean? His descriptors for such a game are 1) talking hundreds of hours of content 2) 1000 planets 3) so many game systems at play, I mean...I have played games with those very things. Me and you aren't even necessarily arguing against each other, I'm just a little taken back by the amount of comments by people pretending as if SF is a first for its genre, it's not.

But I hope and am willing to bet it will be the best to do it, I pre-ordered 2x Digital Premium editions plus upgraded my wife's PC with a 4090 literally cause of this game. So I am not trying to belittle the juggernaut that is SF, just pointing out some inaccuracies with some post.

Honestly though, who gives a shit. Me and you are both going to be playing the game tomorrow not worried one bit about this little back and forth. So I won't comment any further cause it's a waste of both of our times, although I am at work just trying to kill time sooooo....

The only developer who does what BGS games do, is Bethesda Game Studios.

No other games do what their games do. Which is why there are no Bethesda game clones for Skyrim, even though it sold over 60 million units.

And I'm not talking about them planets and shits

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hopefully it’s great.

Each BGS game has streamlined more and more to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Fallout 4’s dialogue wheel and copy paste missions left a poor long-term impression even though it was still fun at release. Going to need to do more than that here, so we’ll see.

bender

What time is it?
Hopefully it’s great.

Each BGS game has streamlined more and more to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Fallout 4’s dialogue wheel and copy paste missions left a poor long-term impression even though it was still fun at release. Going to need to do more than that here, so we’ll see.

Hard to argue against the success they've had and you just have to tip your hat. I couldn't fathom the sales figures that Skyrim has garnered when I fell in love with Morrowind. At the very least, it's a new setting for Bethesda to tackle so that will provide some novelty.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Hopefully it’s great.

Fallout 4 is the only Bethesda game I haven’t beaten since Morrowind. I can’t really say why. I own it on 3 different platforms too.

MMaRsu

Banned
Hopefully it’s great.

Bgs have tried a voiced protag with this game early in development, but felt like it restricted roleplaying too much. With many more rpg elements compared to Fallout 4 (which I also thought was their weakest title) this should be much better.

Ozriel

M$FT
Uh bro I am speculating obviously. I never said that was a fact, but it does happen so why would it be any different here? Especially now that games are bigger and more expensive. The stakes are much higher than back then. Why even have any trust is critic scores at all?

If it does happen, why are you unable to share any evidence?

Windows Phones got savaged by the press. Surface devices are routinely given reviews between 7/10 - 8/10. WIndows 11 has received its fair share of scathing press in its early days. And you think it's game reviews MS plans to put their financial might into influencing? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Dane

Can't find the video because it was deleted, but probably one the worst reviewers from Brazil gave it 8.5/10, Gameplayrj, and he's known for always being negative against Xbox while praising Sony, he sucks at playing videogames so much that apparently he complained about the carryweight and rushed out (finished in 46 hours), its probably our local DSP. He confirms that the game has really few bugs and so heard from other people, the most polished BGS game in that aspect.

EDIT: someone uploaded to vimeo

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
So what is this game about ? Whats the story for it? Don’t tell me y’all just getting it to explore worlds…. That’s good y’all know you don’t have shit to play and want something new bad…

I see ur post history tho. Dumbass troll, get a life.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So what is this game about ? Whats the story for it? Don’t tell me y’all just getting it to explore worlds…. That’s good y’all know you don’t have shit to play and want something new bad…
A diverse squad of intergalactic explorers need one last player for their game of psychedelic metal Jenga, so they recruit a schizophrenic spacer from a cobalt mine on Mars with the promise of free beer.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am legit excited for this game. I have my doubts about the Xbox business model with Gamepass is sustainable, but I am going to enjoy the hell out of this I am sure.

I have a 3-day weekend and plan to spend almost all of it playing religiously.

M.W.

Can't find the video because it was deleted, but probably one the worst reviewers from Brazil gave it 8.5/10, Gameplayrj, and he's known for always being negative against Xbox while praising Sony, he sucks at playing videogames so much that apparently he complained about the carryweight and rushed out (finished in 46 hours), its probably our local DSP. He confirms that the game has really few bugs and so heard from other people, the most polished BGS game in that aspect.

What he said

+ Really good graphics: Textures and Illumination
+ Really well done quests (With lots of dialogue and different characters)
+ Great overall animations that help with the immersion.
+ Very Stable Performance and very few bugs.
+ Epic Ost

- Bad enemy AI in general
- The spaceship combat is weak
- Inventory management is very difficult
- Weak character models and facial animations.
- The game doesn't explain much of its systems.

Rac3r

91. It will probably get tons of 10s due to scope/vastness, and how it’s apparently the least buggy Bethesda game ever. The last comparable release to this game was Cyberpunk, which had a PC meta score of 86, but was hindered by a lot of negativity (rightfully so) at launch. I think Starfield will be a worse game but will have better PR at launch, and score 5 points higher than cyberpunk.

I’ll hedge my prediction by saying: I also wouldn't be surprised if Starfield ends up being a boring slog like Fallout 4 and scores in the low 80s. It’s a lock for 80+ at minimum though.

coffinbirth

Will buy that in 2 days.
Sadly I will miss enough rewards points for another $5 code.
Will have to pay $7 out of my own pocket instead of just $2
This could all be in the wording, but I think the 10% discount will end @ midnight of the 31st. So potentially a few more dollars than that for you. What I didn't realize is that it comes with the first story expansion in addition to all the skins, artbook, OST, and early access. Made me feel better about the purchase, haha.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
PSA: Review prediction threads should only include realistic outcomes. Starfield has no chance at getting anything less than an 80% but more than half of the poll options are spent on scores under 80. Why OP, why?

bender

What time is it?
Review is great, Greg Kasavin is a living legend who is now the writer and creative director of Bastion, Hades, Transistor etc..

I've always been a fan of Greg so I don't need a history lesson, thanks. He, like all humans, are all fallible. The Fable series has always been shallow dreck.

MMaRsu

Banned
I've always been a fan of Greg so I don't need a history lesson, thanks. He, like all humans, are all fallible. The Fable series has always been shallow dreck.
Man you really are a condescending cunt aren't you? Another clown for the block list I guess.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

What he said

+ Really good graphics: Textures and Illumination
+ Really well done quests (With lots of dialogue and different characters)
+ Great overall animations that help with the immersion.
+ Very Stable Performance and very few bugs.
+ Epic Ost

- Bad enemy AI in general
- The spaceship combat is weak
- Inventory management is very difficult
- Weak character models and facial animations.
- The game doesn't explain much of its systems.

If DavyJones gave the game an 8.5 then it's an 11.5, the dude is kinda bad at video games.

Last edited:
PSA: Review prediction threads should only include realistic outcomes. Starfield has no chance at getting anything less than an 80% but more than half of the poll options are spent on scores under 80. Why OP, why?

Who cares, honestly. Some do it to amuse, others because of boredom, and a third group, God help us all! , who would rather be deprived of a great game, than suffer through the agony of giving another plateform/publisher/studio their the recognition they deserve for offering him another possible option...🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom