• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield: The Endless Pursuit Episode 1 (7min dev diary)

Inviusx

Is that confirmed, or are you speculating? Because that sounds kind of underwhelming, tbh.

Total speculation on my behalf but it's a realistic assumption based on what we've seen so far and the technology available in the industry at the moment.

Bethesda aren't using magic to build this game.

Ribi

"The studio is led by Todd Howard as executive producer and Ashley Cheng as studio director. Bethesda Game Studios operates three satellite studios, one in Montreal and two in Texas, and employs 420 people as of March 2021"

The game is from his branch studio. So f076 is directly from him. But his main studio weren't spear heading the project.

The game would have turned to fallout 4.

That is the difference.

He gave the IP to a branch studio, instead of the main studio. And they fucked it up.

The main studio is the one that is doing starfield, and was the one responsible for elderscroll games (not eso), and fallout series (not vegas).

I am not absolving him from the blame. He deserves the shit for that game. Just don't bring bethesda Maryland studio in to that shitshow of a game.
"Never buying another bethesda game"

Common saying among the crowd and yet here we are starfield hype is all im saying.

Braag

the way they are hyping up starfield , it better be a ground breaking game.

If you are expecting this game to redefine games or some crazy stuff like that, then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. This game will probably be a lot like previous Bethesda games but in space and on different planets.

The fact that we are getting a new big single player game from Bethesda is exciting, I just hope it's more like Skyrim and less like F4.

Also find it kinda funny how some people are clearly worked up over others being excited for this game lol

T0minator

Welp, I just went and bought Skyrim for a THIRD time (on Switch, already have it on Xbox and PS) both to support Bethesda, and in anticipation of Starfield. Yeah I'm dumb. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's your money you can do whatever you want with it! Lol I would never buy the same game 3 times but I'm not you! 🤣

kingfey

Banned
"Never buying another bethesda game"

Common saying among the crowd and yet here we are starfield hype is all im saying.
People are reactionary.
Right now, common saying is dont buy cdpr games.
But once the witcher 4 drops, everyone will buy it, forgetting cyberpunk2077.

YuLY

Havent been this hyped for a game in over a decade. Finally someone is making an alternative to Mass Effect. Now all it needs to do is confirm inteligent alien races.

Last edited:

rolandss

This game seems like the media has started way too fucken early. Like it seems nowhere even near the point that it’s remotely ready to show. Just ideas and concept art.

Starfield

"The studio is led by Todd Howard as executive producer and Ashley Cheng as studio director. Bethesda Game Studios operates three satellite studios, one in Montreal and two in Texas, and employs 420 people as of March 2021"

The game is from his branch studio. So f076 is directly from him. But his main studio weren't spear heading the project.

The game would have turned to fallout 4.

That is the difference.

He gave the IP to a branch studio, instead of the main studio. And they fucked it up.

The main studio is the one that is doing starfield, and was the one responsible for elderscroll games (not eso), and fallout series (not vegas).

I am not absolving him from the blame. He deserves the shit for that game. Just don't bring bethesda Maryland studio in to that shitshow of a game.
He didn't give it to them. It was taken from him by Zenimax to make a cashcrab online service game out of it. Originally it would have been a coop game and that's it..but lets not further delve into this bc we're approaching conspiracy theory levels otherwise and I won't go into detail on what went wrong during that time.

Anyways, now we're in the golden ages of Bethesda. Zenimax board is gone, no time pressure other than their own goals they have set as well as a good financial background with Microsoft.

Starfield will benefit from that no doubts but Guardian is the one that will benefit 100% from this

Starfield

This game seems like the media has started way too fucken early. Like it seems nowhere even near the point that it’s remotely ready to show. Just ideas and concept art.
The game can be played from start to finish already.

Its their "new" way of marketing. Since it's also a new IP it needs way more marketing than an established IP like TES or Fallout.

They only give you concept art because they're not gonna show the game until its really ready. Like all the features and places are set in stone (they are but still). When they show ofd the game they want to show you what you will get on release. No bullshit.

(sorry for multi quote, I'm on phone. Bear with me)

Last edited:
They did not confirm it but you can expect it. On PC 100% on consoles I would say yes. Why would Microsoft suddenly say otherwise
Well it’s a new IP/new game, so I’m thinking they may not have mod support on Xbox right out of the gate. Skyrim had it right away on X1 but that was a remaster. Fallout 4 didn’t initially have and updated for it later. I know mod support will likely be available on PC Starfield day one, but on Xbox I can see it being added significantly later like Fallout 4.

Id like to see it available day one, though it’s not a dealbreaker as long as it gets mod support at some point.

Starfield

Well it’s a new IP/new game, so I’m thinking they may not have mod support on Xbox right out of the gate. Skyrim had it right away on X1 but that was a remaster. Fallout 4 didn’t initially have and updated for it later. I know mod support will likely be available on PC Starfield day one, but on Xbox I can see it being added significantly later like Fallout 4.

Id like to see it available day one, though it’s not a dealbreaker as long as it gets mod support at some point.
They Probably won't have full mod support for both platforms right of the gate since it'll Likely take some time until they release the creation kit after release. Like they always do

Markio128

Well, considering I’m enjoying Skyrim now as much as I did when I first played it, I think it’s fair to say that I am looking forward to playing Starfield. Only time will tell if it lives up to the hype though. Personally, I’m keeping mine in check. Also, I’m more of a fantasy fan, than a sci-fi fan, so to expect it to be on par with Skyrim would be a big ask for me.

JackMcGunns

It just works

Bethesda during crunch.

ImmaculateImpassionedKitten-max-1mb.gif

Btw, this should have been a game lol

Last edited:

rolandss

For all the console warriors ITT, you guys remember Sony was sniffing around Starfield looking to drop a shit ton of money to lock it up last year, right?

Tell me you're still salty about the acquisition without telling me you're salty about the acquisition.
Nothing stopping anyone with a PlayStation buying an Xbox. Bethesda acquisition was a big deal. They make some of my favourite games. I’ve never owned an Xbox but I’ll likely buy one to sit alongside my ps5 this gen to play games like Starfield.

Gargauth

He's such an ass.
Wow :D I completely understand Bethesda's disdain of journalists. I see them in same light. Of course there might be couple of exceptions. But they don't make up for all the bad ones. If I was making game myself, I would blacklist them all, too.

Top Bottom