• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of play on may 14 is gonna be about Ghost of tsushima

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Believe it or not, lowering the resolution is a BIG FPS booster. Recall that these graphics boards are completely limited on pixel count because they are rasterizer based. The resolution also propagates to all of the internal framebuffers (depth, stencil, shadow, render targets, etc..).

The game does look good. And I attribute it to the art direction for sure. It's not doing anything that we haven't seen in some other game.

So you’re saying this will be less than 1080p on the PS4, which every first party AAA game has been?

CamHostage

Sony always going out with a bang every gen and nice send-off to one of the most successful console!

Just waiting for them to release that last Kirby game ... oh, wait, wrong company.

I kind of miss the days that you knew a PlayStation was over when Naughty Dog released a racing game for it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm not sure I understand your question.

I am not understand your "lowering the resolution" comment.

Are you saying they will lower more than what has been the standard for them all gen long (1080p base, 1440p+ Pro)? If not, then that seems to be a reductive statement spreading some weird concern doubt for the sake of.

GymWolf

I am not understand your "lowering the resolution" comment.

Are you saying they will lower more than what has been the standard for them all gen long (1080p base, 1440p+ Pro)? If not, then that seems to be a reductive statement spreading some weird concern doubt for the sake of.
if they haven't lower the resolution under 1080p on base ps4 for rdr2 i doubt this will be the case with tsushima.

Top Bottom