• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns this Wednesday, March 9.

Kokoloko85

The big show is only 20 mins long?

Eh, been disappointed too many times by state of plays so not expecting anything. Sony has been on a roll since 2020 September with really shit pointless shows while so many rumours are floating about.

It will probably be:

Tokyo Ghostwire taking up most of the show
Deathloop DLC
Final Fantasy 16 delay to 2023
RE8 dlc
Probably squeeze Kena in there too

While these rumours will carry on for another million years

Announce Spartacus already
MGS and Silent Hill Rumours
1st Party and 3rd party exclusives
TLOU multiplayer and TLOU1
Miyazaki game rumour

yurinka

My bet:
  • God of War Ragnarok release date trailer
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement trailer
  • Resident Evil Village DLC + next gen updates of the previous ones
  • Ghostwire Tokyo trailer
  • Sonic Frontiers gameplay reveal trailer
  • Stray release date announcement teaser
  • GTAV + GTA Online PS5 stuff trailer
  • Crappy Bandai Namco stuff (Dragon Ballbreakers / Pac-Man Rehashed Museum / DC League or Super Pests) trailer
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer. At the end a Square Enix folk apologizes for delaying FFXVI and Forspoken
  • Absolutely NOTHING from Konami or Silent Hill. The Konami IP think was a joke from a joke account, not a rumor
  • Spartacus announced, gets released tomorrow
  • Jimbo announces the acquisition of a Japanese publisher cosplaying Spartacus, wearing a thong. Instead of being on Thursday this State of Play is on Wednesday meaning Jimbo buys Sega and the day after tomorrow Phil Spencer announces he'll acquire Andrew Wilson's wife but Andrew kicks Phil's ass because he is black belt of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

So the rumors were true?Is there any chance we will see sony announce they got the rights for these two konami franchises gaming forums like to speculate and get enthusiastic all the time(even if half of them wouldnt buy them even if they really come)?
The Konami IP was only a joke from a joke account. Later it was mentioned on that account that the IP was Frogger and that was going to be for an exclusive David Cage game.

Bloodborne remaster baby, let's go!!!

from software e3 GIF
I think they won't announce Bloodborne stuff today, but Elden Ring becoming that successful I assume it means Bloodborne remaster, PC port, sequel, movie and even panties can be considered as confirmed.

Last edited:

reksveks

Silent Hill, finally!

Did Square mention anything about their next showing of 16? I'm going to have to check.
Edit:
So that leaves us with the question, when can we expect the next round of information? Well, I am happy to announce the current plan is to conduct our next big reveal in spring of 2022 as we seek to build excitement leading up to the game’s eventual release.
Does March 9th count as Spring ???

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
They did mention other studios besides the studios in Japan, so hoping for a Witcher update.
You wont see anything from the Witcher 3 at a PlayStation event since Microsoft had the marketing rights when that game came out

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Dragon's Dogma 2
Street fighter 6
Silent Hill remake
Dino Crisis remake
FFXVI
Some new Japanese IPs
Bloodborne 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
My bet:
  • Resident Evil Village DLC
  • Gran Turismo 7 accolades trailer
  • Stray release date announcement
  • Elden Ring accolates trailer
  • Crappy Bandai Namco trailer (Dragon Ballbreakers / Pac-Man Rehashed Museum / DC League or Super Pests) trailer
  • Forspoken delay trailer
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer
  • God of War Ragnarok release date
  • Jimbo announces the acquisition of a Japanese publisher. Instead of being on Thursday this State of Play is on Wednesday meaning Jimbo buys Sega and the day after tomorrow Phil Spencer announces he'll acquire Andrew Wilson's wife but Andrew kicks Phil's ass because he is black belt of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

The Konami IP was only a joke from a joke account. Later it was mentioned on that account that the IP was Frogger and that was going to be for an exclusive David Cage game.

Only 20 minutes man.

Castef

Banned
I'd say:
- Chrono Cross Remaster
- A little bit of FFXVI
- Too soon for Street Fighter VI
- No Forspoken
- Castlevania?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My bet:
  • Resident Evil Village DLC
  • Gran Turismo 7 accolades trailer
  • Stray release date announcement
  • Elden Ring accolates trailer
  • Crappy Bandai Namco trailer (Dragon Ballbreakers / Pac-Man Rehashed Museum / DC League or Super Pests) trailer
  • Forspoken delay trailer
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer
  • God of War Ragnarok release date
  • Absolutely NOTHING from Konami or Silent Hill. The Konami IP think was a joke from a joke account, not a rumor
  • Jimbo announces the acquisition of a Japanese publisher. Instead of being on Thursday this State of Play is on Wednesday meaning Jimbo buys Sega and the day after tomorrow Phil Spencer announces he'll acquire Andrew Wilson's wife but Andrew kicks Phil's ass because he is black belt of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I hope to god this is a parody post.

It's just a 20 minute stream lol.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They don't need more than 20 minutes to show you a bunch of trailers for games that are at least a year away.

SilentUser

Going to watch as I usually like japanese games. Not going to be overly excited, considering it a small SoP and that's fine.

So no big SoP/Sony event like some twitter insiders were saying? Damn, they are trying so hard since last year to get it right lol

Castef

Banned
Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement trailer
MMMMMMH...

Interesting.

As I said several times, in Sony's pants I'd go for full exclusivity on this one, as they have not CRPG to go against the "horde" which is about to be unleashed by Microsoft.

So, if Dragon's Dogma 2 is there, I expect it to be announced with a looooong (if not "total") exclusivity dead.

Wait, what was that wording? Oh, yes, "development partnership". ;)

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
All these predictions that they are going to heavily feature games that came out last year 😂 it does say updates but also first looks.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

Notes from blogpost:

• No details on PSVR 2
  • Some western games might show up
  • Expect "new reveals and eye-catching updates for PS5 and PS4 titles" (duration: 20 minutes)

So you are saying they moved Forspoken back because a certain numbered Final Fantasy moving into a summer slot? That would be fucking amazing.

Tripolygon

Banned
lol these State of Plays keep getting shorter.

By the end of the gen, we will have a 3 minute state of play featuring a classic Sony montage of Deathloop.
No, they have mostly been around 20 minutes long except for 2 or 3 shows that crossed the 30 minutes mark.

Rumors right about a show but doesn't seem to be big, only being 20 minutes. No vr stuff. So keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised.

GHound

A lot of people seem pretty optimistic about this one huh. Guess I'm gonna be strapping myself in for 17 minutes of Ghostwire followed by 3 minutes of fuck all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Eye catching updates even for PS4 titles ? Does this mean Switch ports ? I hope not.

Probably smaller and/or third party projects, I don't expect new first party AAA projects to be announced on PS4 now, other than the ones we know are already in development.

SLB1904

Banned
The last 2 big showcases weren't though.

The 2020 shwocase was in start of June, and the 2021 showcase was in start of September.
nah the only thing we got in june was horizon state of play . the showcase was september

Roufianos

Keeping my expectations low as these smaller ones are usually terrible. RE4 Remake and FFXVI would be sweet though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom