• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play returns this Wednesday, March 9.

yurinka

So, if Dragon's Dogma 2 is there, I expect it to be announced with a looooong (if not "total") exclusivity dead.
I'm pretty sure it will be there but only with a marketing deal, like RE Village. Maybe with some small exclusivity like exclusive demo/beta (maybe locked to the highest Spartacus tier) or time exclusive DLC or stuff like that. But I see the game being released day one on Xbox.

As I remember it had a H2 2022 date on the Capcom leak (an early 2020 document, pre-covid lockdowns) so I assume it may have been delayed to at least early 2023.

Last edited:
I'll keep my expectations in check: dont think we'll see ffxvi just yet considering that Forspoken was delayed to October and this might've shifted xvi's release to the following year.

mortal

Gold Member
nah the only thing we got in june was horizon state of play . the showcase was september
Yes, that's what I said. Never said we got anything in June last year.
Both last two big showcases were in the summer, not at the end of the year.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The SF6 teaser said there won't be SF6 news unttil summer (prettty likely after the SFV EVO finals).

I think Bloober will make a new Silent Hill game instead

Not planned on Capcom's leaked schedule

Why shatter my dreams?

SLB1904

Banned
Yes, that's what I said. Never said we got anything in June last year.
Both last two big showcases were in the summer, not at the end of the year.
oh yeah. i didnt mean literally at the end of the year. i just consider septemper end of the year, sorry if i mislead you

yurinka

Eye catching updates even for PS4 titles ? Does this mean Switch ports ? I hope not.
I'd say games like Horizon 2, GT7, Final Fantasy VII Remake or God of War Ragnarok and similar qualify as eye catching, even in PS4.

Last edited:

Corpsepyre

Banned
Not expecting much from this at all. Badly-produced SOPs with that voiceover needed to end like yesterday. Plus, this getting announced a day before doesn't instill much confidence. Could just be a lot of filler. Let's see.

yurinka

All of that rumor mongering for just a typical SoP?

I really can't stand "insiders" :messenger_expressionless:
I think it will be only a random State of Play with maybe only one (my bet of this one being Dragon's Dogma 2 is serious) or if lucky two.

The fake insiders are always saying there's an upcoming state of play, which is obvious since almost every month there is a State of Play. Some of them may said this one will include Spartacus because Bloomberg said Spartacus was planned for Spring so would make sense to announce it here to maybe make some last minute tweak a few weeks before release depending on feedback received.

But being realistic, I think it would make more sense to make next month a State of Play dedicated to OS and services to talk about Spartacus, Discord integration, VRR, PS5 PlayStation Tournaments and who know if some random additional thing like folders etc.

Last edited:

Interfectum

- 10 minutes of Ghost Wire
- 8 minutes of Deathloop DLC
- 2 minutes of PS4 updates
- end with new FF16 release date 2023

T0minator

Guessing Ghost Wire ?

20 mins and this early is probably not FF16.

Welllll technically Bethesda is the publisher for GhostWire, right? So that wouldn't be a Japanese publisher

Time is limited we know enough of Ghost Wire. We need more time for a new RE remake

The big shows are always billed as something separate to State of Play. I would imagine this was always planned and then the larger show will be later this month.

Airbus Jr

Banned
My prediction

Ghostwire tokyo trailer
Resident evil 8 dlc announcement
Street fighter 6 trailer
God of war ragnarok trailer
Spiderman 2 trailer
New bluepoint remake trailer
Horizon forbiden west dlc announcement

And finally

Silent Hill announcement cos feck it why not

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony not even allowing us a breather. Love it! Bring it on. Fingers crossed for Project Awakening! 🤞

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony be like: 🤣

5JKD1vX.jpg

mortal

Gold Member
I think it will be only a random State of Play with maybe only one (my bet of this one being Dragon's Dogma 2 is serious) or if lucky two.

The fake insiders are always saying there's an upcoming state of play, which is obvious since almost every month there is a State of Play. Some of them may said this one will include Spartacus because Bloomberg said Spartacus was planned for Spring so would make sense to announce it here to maybe make some last minute tweak a few weeks before release depending on feedback received.

But being realistic, I think it would make more sense to make next month a State of Play dedicated to OS and services to talk about Spartacus, Discord integration, VRR, PS5 PlayStation Tournaments and who know if some random additional thing like folders etc.
Yea that's usually how it goes. A little over 20 minutes with trailers for 1 or 2 AAA titles, with the rest being smaller budget & cross-gen titles.
There are too many rumor merchants looking for attention these days. It's at a point where I refuse to believe anything until someone credible actually leaks info that can be corroborated by another credible source.
This is really how it ought to be, but most people will retweet and share damn near anything if it sounds exciting or hype-worthy, with little to no concern about vetting the source or verifying the info.
Just wish we would stop rewarding them.

On a more positive note, at least we'll be getting an update on more Japanese titles. Hoping it's FFXVI, but it could be anything.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

They just did an almost 20 minutes showcase dedicated to Ghostwire right after the GT7 SOP so I expect nothing more than a brief trailer (sub-60 secs).

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It will probably be about GTA5 PS5 edition and the special deal sony has with it.

Last edited:

nbkicker

The announcement today and the show tomoro and 20min in length , think after getting burnt by past sony shows think ill sit this one out and then if see out pop up on forums or you tube watch the bits im intrested in

aclar00

Im in the boat that believes this will primarily be Ghost Wite Tokyo. Not sure if much, if anything else will be shown. From Deathloop to Ghost Wire....lets hope im surprises.

Markio128

My expectations are so low that the limbo world champ couldn’t squeeze underneath.

Speaking of which, my Limbo trophy was recently stolen from the shed. I mean, how low can you go?

Ristifer

So, it'll be 15 minutes, since the first five minutes will be the obligatory Playstation logo montage in sparkling blue colours, with a lame CGI 'Play' trailer that takes another three minutes.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
GTA V will deffo make an appearance, release imminents, free online with PS and no recent trailer as of yet.

theHFIC

Barely any time for me to whip up a fake twitter account, make it private, fill it with a bunch of wild guesses, delete the ones that didn't happen, make it public, and become the talk of the gaming internet with the accuracy in my predictions.

Top Bottom