• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stealth Camping. Something so stupid yet I can't stop watching the videos...

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Me too dude. Once saw a dude camp in a roundabout. I think it's appealing because it's chill bit there is still a hint of danger

Cyberpunkd

Anyone who’s ever been to a large city will see lots of not-so-stealthy campers, especially in Paris 19th.
Understand Captain America GIF

I ran at 5am in the morning when they are in full force.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
So, this guy does 'stealth camping' where all he does is camp JUST out of sight from an establishment all night without getting noticed or caught. What's the point of this?
I don't get it either but somehow he's stumbled on something 1.4m people want to subscribe to. It's a living, I guess.

JonSnowball

So, this guy does 'stealth camping' where all he does is camp JUST out of sight from an establishment all night without getting noticed or caught. What's the point of this?

Stealth camping behind a police station -

Stealth camping behind a Mc Donald's -

I like Camping With Steve and have no real interest in 'stealth camping'. I find the tone of the videos calming.

Dr.D00p

Quite a risky thing to do in America, a country that isn't exactly known for open public access to areas and land owners packing firearms...

NikuNashi

I went through that phase last year watching those. I just couldnt sleep in an unsafe place, but props to the guys that do it. Its fun to watch. Then I went down the living in a van rabbit hole.

StueyDuck

Banned
I mean... he found a thing that works for online views 🤷‍♂️ so props to him.

I do get the sense this is gonna end in a "tonight at 9pm, local stealth camper was stabbed to death by crazy homeless man wanting a can of beans, the camper did not have"

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

The ultimate is a stealth camp...in a camp site, that you haven't paid for to pitch up and making full use of its facilities for 3 days..😊

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Who doesn’t like hiding in the bushes?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stealth camping is a very uncharacteristic thing to do really the only way to put it.

Trilobit

It's quite cozy. Only saw the police station one, but it reminds me of being a kid and "spying" on people in secret. It was very exciting and fun to track people and to find good hiding spots.

Stealth camping behind a police station -

Stealth camping behind a Mc Donald's -

These are the best, I got hooked on Steve's videos of him camping in U-haul vans and vehicles in freezing temperatures. It's oddly cozy watching him eat food, have a beer and sleep in a car without people knowing.

Top Bottom