• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turtle Beach stealth 700 gen 2 on XSX: An issue I can't get rid of

Stafford

I bought this headset right after the XSX came out. For a year at least all was fine, but for a few months now a very annoying issue has been popping up and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Basically I turn the headset on, I join a party and I see this message

https://tweakers.net/i/K-ooC9A9Fj8w...YNPv6ZamfUVh25gPeADEQsa.jpg?f=fotoalbum_large

I can't seem to post a picture directly here, so this is from a Dutch tech site where I posted it.

I don't hear anyone at this point. If I then use the game or chat volume wheel the message goes away and I hear everyone. But more often than not nothing happens when I use the volume wheel and the headset just turns off. This shit happens randomly, other times the message doesn't appear and all is well.

When I go to the volume settings there's not much I can do. If I use the chat volume wheel i can see the slider move, but the general volume doesn't. A friend of mine has the same headset, exact same issue. It connects wirelessly to the XSX, no dongle.

This shit does not happen with other headsets. I've tried a older Xbox 360 one with USB stick on it, all fine. Penrose X, all fine. I've did a hard reset on the Stealth 700 gen 2 but alas. Googled it, no help.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom