• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking aesthetically here. Trackpads look gimmicky, the placement of the face buttons doesn't look right and it's proprietary to Steam.

Gimmicky is such an easy word to use about things that are different :).

I can say that least for Civ V that the pads aren't gimmicky, but something that works very well.

Vuze

Hm, all this Steam Controller talk. I should try it out sometime, my brother pre-ordered one but doesn't use it, like, at all because he's more into KBM.

Dr Dogg

THE STEAM CONTROLLER IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE CONTROLLER I'VE USED IN YEARS!

Speaking of controllers thanks for the dpad favs folks. Guess I got some eBay scourging to do, then some disassembly and all will be revealed!

gelf

If I had to guess, I'd say that what makes so many people instantly assume the Steam Controller's trackpad is terrible is that they see the word "trackpad" and instantly think of laptops.

I'll admit it does put me off, and it's why I'll need to try before I buy. There isn't a single touch controlled device I've ever liked using for extended periods.

Sch1sm

Can I get a link to the Discord server that I've heard about?

Email Tag.

I think that link works for at least another 4h30m, as well, so if there's anyone else who wants in, you can use the same one - unlimited uses to it.

It just serves to show us how ancient Steam's comm system is.

Hey Dogg, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but Marcus Rashford is the greatest footballer who ever lived.

6b4.gif

data

Could you delightful peeps take a screenshot of your Steam categories, I'm trying to organize my Steam library and am in need of inspiration

Wait, people actually like the Steam controller? That thing looks just awful.

Since I got mine it's been my go-to controller in pretty much every game from FPSs to RPGs to puzzle games. Never understood the "oh it requires so much tinkering" claim as it has worked from out of the box for every game so far for me. But the best thing about it is that I don't have to settle for working out of the box, I can actually make pretty much all experiences even better by customizing the shit out of it if I want to. That one tweak like putting the jump button on the handle which improves the playability by hundred-factor is so-good.png.

If I had to give some negatives they aren't about the controller itself but about the software which is still quite hit and a miss (such as not loading the correct config until restarting the controller and trying again). However those are just small, uncommon things.

Sch1sm

Could you delightful peeps take a screenshot of your Steam categories, I'm trying to organize my Steam library and am in need of inspiration

Finished, Early Access, and Focus are the only three I have outside of the default category.

Geist-

Email Tag.

I think that link works for at least another 4h30m, as well, so if there's anyone else who wants in, you can use the same one - unlimited uses to it.

It just serves to show us how ancient Steam's comm system is.

Thanks for the link. Just to confirm, this is the Neogaf Steam Discord server right?

Sch1sm

Thanks for the link. Just to confirm, this is the Neogaf Steam Discord server right?

Yeah, it is the SteamGAF Discord server - thank Ayumi, Se7en, and then thank CheesecakeRecipe for spawning the original chat to start with.

E: I don't have games I don't intend on playing because I went through support and deleted them all, Madridista. ;)

data

Finished, Early Access, and Focus are the only three I have outside of the default category.

Since this is SteamGAF, I'm going to assume you guys have more games than I do (502), how do you manage to comfortably find games with only 3 categories?

E: Oh right, SteamGAF doesn't play games. Never mind.

E²: How the fuck do I get rid of the Steam VR categroy though? It's so annoying and icky and the only game I have under it is Mind: Path to blah blah

Dr Dogg

Hey Dogg, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but Marcus Rashford is the greatest footballer who ever lived.

Well while Pele is still often called the greatest footballer ever, although stats will probably favour Messi (even though it's totally Ronaldo who's the best), neither of them could score a goal like Rashford's seccond. I don't think I've even seen Messi head the ball with his eyes open.

Pachimari

Since this is SteamGAF, I'm going to assume you guys have more games than I do (502), how do you manage to comfortably find games with only 3 categories?

Scroll through the list or use the search bar?

abracadaver

I have some Steam keys for you. Choose wisely and good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-6B3C337F9511DA72 - Taken by Phawx. 9 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-653187C55719575E
ARK: Survival Evolved -- MB-6D6BCE1959687BEA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-FA004C2877E29B71 - Taken by Kiru. 23 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-C6E22CE7220BFDA9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-F7C69504204F0377 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 29 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-774358D01D98B3CA - Taken by Alien8. 13 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-E4138F476B55BA67 - Taken by Sch1sm. 12 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-E280697E0B976FA9 - Taken by Afro. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-86AE5667AE9789A5 - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 2 -- MB-BB892ABAB0CC1052 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 3 -- MB-3B5279A5645B62DD - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-B43F6EE5A5080966 - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 1 -- MB-E0C62A26F6C06522 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.
NIGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-4C97FD45D5ABB2F3 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 2 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-78D966D3BD330823 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Ashes of the Singularity -- MB-E6CC7D77309A4915 - Taken by bigzgod. 23 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-7409F1E2984F9B7B - Taken by data. 4 entrants total.
Ultra Street Figher IV -- MB-3AD53D3E23291420 - Taken by bloke. 12 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-0992F5FA70705D6E - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-43278D5757E28C0E - Taken by Whooter. 14 entrants total.

t1456764884z1.png

Sch1sm

E²: How the fuck do I get rid of the Steam VR categroy though? It's so annoying and icky and the only game I have under it is Mind: Path to blah blah

I only have about 260~ games, pretty sure. If I have a title in mind, the search function within the library works rather than scrolling. If I'm looking genre wise, I just go through regular steam search and define to x and x genre and look through what's green because I've already lost my categories once. I used to have it set up like Hektor does, but I can hardly maintain it - plus, the concept of multi-genre titles started to bother me a lot.

You can't get rid of that category, ha.

E: ALIEN ISOLATION WAS MY 2014 GOTY AND WHOEVER WINS IT IN THIS GIVEAWAY BEST PLAY IT TO THE END.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I haven't had to make any adjustments to this set in quite a while. Anything that will never get played is either hidden or permanently removed from the games list.

categeqqgl.jpg

I sort my games according to Dev/Pub (whichever is more recognizable to you, choose that)

And then there's a separate category for games I need to continue, games I will start next and the trash pile 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom