• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

DSC_0038.jpg

We will be selling Steam controllers separately

And other people will make their own steam controllers too (!)

No date or price on the controllers

:(

Basically Gabe: "We are probably going to do some more stuff. Not sure when, we'll see what happens, maybe".

That is Valve for you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"We'll be selling Steam Controllers separately, and other people will sell their own Steam Controllers as well," Newell said in response to a question.

Artofwar420

"Right now, they say it's the best thing tsince the beginning of time

We want them to tell us what's wrong, so we're poking at them harder

Beta users have been super happy"

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That Alienware box wins best looking for sure.

Was super disappointed in the presentation overall...

Gaben has the chance to do something big here, but he isn't getting it done like this.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha well, that was succinct.

That Gigabyte looks like one of their MIB boxes. Was debating if they'ed be a good Steambox streamer. Seams like they are hahaha.

vazel

Banned
Why are these ding dongers going after Steam again. I was watching such a fun L4D2 stream on twitch but they had to call it quits because of this.

Dr Dogg

The Gigabyte one is really small, I guess it's focused on streaming.

They do a line named BRIX which range from an i3 up to an i7 based on the mobile chips so it's an integrated design but they're so tiny you mount them behind your monitor. All you got to do is supply some SO-DIMM laptop memory and a mobile hdd and you're away. Prices are from £200-£450. Though that one on display looks a little fatter which is why I think it might be one of the MIB systems Gigabyte do. They're a bit more barebones. Either way both could work well as companion Steam Machines.

Copons

Where's your avatar?

It's being DDoSed as we speak!

RUN EVERYBODY THEYRE COMING FOR US

But really, WTF is the point of attacking Steam?
It's not like it has the most stable servers ever... those kids should start trying to take down Amazon again (like the failed anon DDoS of a couple of years ago) instead of doing something that I could easily accomplish refreshing my Steam activity feed on two different tabs at the same time.

Symphonic

Straying away from the press conference...

Did anyone happen to buy an extra copy of XCOM they are willing to sell or trade for? I missed the sale and am seriously regretting it and the cheapest I can find it for now is 20-25. I know if anyone was crazy enough to buy an extra copy, it would be one of you guys.

mannerbot

Straying away from the press conference...

Did anyone happen to buy an extra copy of XCOM they are willing to sell or trade for? I missed the sale and am seriously regretting it and the cheapest I can find it for now is 20-25. I know if anyone was crazy enough to buy an extra copy, it would be one of you guys.

Look at other retailers. For example:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECHYTKY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I'm positive you can get a better deal from somewhere, maybe as part of Amazon's Editor's Choice sale sometime later this month.

edit: actually, it looks like this IS one of the current Editor's Choice deals. So pick it up while you can, deal is even better if you have a $5 voucher or can get someone with one to pick it up for you.

bonesquad

Steam's down... So what makes a box a Steam box? Run SteamOS and use one of those controllers? Any particular spec requirements? They could be cool, but like all things Steam will take some time before they are probably ready for anyone but the most hardcore Steam fan.

Symphonic

Look at other retailers. For example:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECHYTKY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I'm positive you can get a better deal from somewhere, maybe as part of Amazon's Editor's Choice sale sometime later this month.

oh geez, that's a great deal. I don't think I'd ever play the other XCOM games though...even though I'm probably a terrible person for saying that. I tried one a while ago and it was tough to get into.

But yeah, definitely looks for Enemy Unknown for 10 or under. Guess I'll wait :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom