• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the author of the Twilight Saga,,,
I haven't seen but:
pile_of_shit.gif

Comes to mind.

MRORANGE

Get Darkness 2 it's great:

So Tigel gave me a copy of Darkness II at the start of the year and I promised to play it when I had free time, managed to complete it a f ew weeks ago.

It's a pretty decent shooter, being able to quad wield weapons is absolutely hilarious, combat gets a bit too easy so I recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty setting. The game is pretty short but I found it to be the perfect length clock around less than 5 hours so it's quite quick to complete. The story holds very well right until the end where it gives you a cop out choice which didn't make any real sense.

Overall it's a fantastic little game with some very clever ideas, well worth the playthrough, not on the same level as Bioshock for story reasons but it's a sold little gem if you want to blast through something in one day.

jkPKSNU.jpg
8RvlktT.jpg
iUz48ZG.jpg

Apologies for screenshot quality. Was playing at 640*480

An-Det

First finished game of 2014, The Swapper. Beautiful game, great atmosphere, puzzles. Can't recommend it enough.

And with it I got to 50 perfect games (meaning all achievements).

Now onto SteamGAF GOTY, TeleglitchRogue Legacy.

Sorry Tesseract, don't have Teleglitch yet :(

I played The Swapper a few days ago and felt the same way. I went back the next day to play through the entire game again and to hunt down the secret rooms, so I got the whole story. Absolutely loved it and fully recommend it to anyone curious about it.

yuraya

My prediction for Valve's announcement.

Massive 2 week long spring sale with all games 85% off starting in March.
Get your wallets ready

feel

I'd even take a Alien Swarm 2 announcement as a victory, I'm expecting the keynote to be all about console crowd chasing hardware that doesn't interest me at all.

MRORANGE

No really it's mostly hardware and maybe some more SteamOS info.

I can summarize the NeoGAF thread for this in one sentence:

"I still don't understand who the SteamBox is for".

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If I can get my dick on a Steam controller within the next 3 months, I'll start getting my erection ready, Valve.

So thirsty.

mrgone

I'd even take a Alien Swarm 2 announcement as a victory, I'm expecting the keynote to be all about console crowd chasing hardware that doesn't interest me at all.

That'd be awesome. Putting that Alien Swarm demo out there and doing nothing further with it is borderline villainy.

FloatOn

just played the tutorial of Speedrunners. It's so good.

It almost makes up for halfbrick being assholes and not having Raskulls on steam.

FloatOn

steam is down because they are going to announce that steamOS is also a virtual machine run within the steam client.

starting now.

maybe

Copons

Needs to be the start-up sound for all Steam Machines, I don't care if it's 5 minutes long.

I'd totally take an unskippable start up sound with the entire Daft Punk discography. :D

Also, I can't believe the name is just a coincidence, and I'm totally certain Daft Punk will be somehow involved. #believe

Soule

Still workin here fortunately. My Bioshock Inf download chugging along courtesy uni wifi as well.

I haven't tried downloading anything, just playing some Castlevania but the storefront and steam features outside of the library are all failing for me when I tried. Not too fussed since I was only planning on playing more Castlevania but it's annoying having those features down, would be quite satisfying to have this guy caught.

Dr Dogg

Orange Box 2: HL3 + L4D3 + Enhanced Steam for everyone.

Hahaha well we were going to get the Black Box until it got cancelled and then the better offering of the Orange Box. Plenary more colours to go round. Though Blue has been used in relegation to HL with Blue Shift and Opposing Force was Green. Yellow Box?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ugh. And apologies if this has been asked, or you're welcome if you hadn't thought of venturing there, but are there any plans/pipe dreams/expectations of doing an Enhanced Steam on iOS, like an app?

Something like this presently isn't possible, sorry. However, it will be possible to use Enhanced Steam on an iOS device that is in the same wireless network as a computer running Enhanced Steam Standalone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom