• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Issue is that current system is abused that is why i wrote that. Devs are promising keys for people who vote for them so question "Would you buy it if it is on Steam" is pointless.

Then report them. There's obviously not going to be a 'They tried to bribe me' button but you can always send Valve a message as such with any supporting information and leave it for them to deal with. Or just move on and not worry about it and focus on the folks who don't try and game the system and the games you want to play.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, there's no way Steam will beat those TellTale sales in the year 2015. Steam's sale prices in general have been lacklustre for over a year now.

Heh, I'd argue that 90% off all their most recent games is better than Steam or anyone else has ever done. Given that bundles are normally games from a year or two ago, the Build Your Own Telltale Bundle was arguably better than any formal Humble Bundle would have been. In fact, we can verify this--in May 2013, Humble had a Telltale Bundle. It included $1: BTTF, Sam and Max 3 (2010), Poker Night 1 (2010), Wallace (2009), Puzzle Agent 1 (2010), Puzzle Agent 2 (2011). $5 (BTA): Walking Dead. At that point, Walking Dead had been out for around 13 months since the first episode and maybe 5 or 6 since the series had ended. So you got a year old game and 5 multi-year old games for $5.

In the build-your-own Bundle this week, you got Game of Thrones (oldest episode 8 months old, not done yet), Tales from the Borderlands (oldest episode 9 months, not done yet), TWD S2 (2014), TWAU (2013-2014), Poker Night 2 (2013), Jurassic Park (2011), and others if you wanted for about $15-ish. Newer games including two that aren't finished, and even more older games, and the price scale is super reasonable. Especially since GoT is 6 episodes. Definitely the best bundle opportunity in a year or two for sure, across all publishers.

Salsa

bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg

god damn great

lack of facial hair on atlernate costumes was a real missed opportunity

dex3108

Then report them. There's obviously not going to be a 'They tried to bribe me' button but you can always send Valve a message as such with any supporting information and leave it for them to deal with. Or just move on and not worry about it and focus on the folks who don't try and game the system and the games you want to play.

Greenlight idea is good and i love that devs have way to put game on steam easier but system that Greenlight is using has issues. I would love to see Greenlight 2.0 that would reward good devs and solid pitches in some way.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

7 hours into release on Close Your Eyes report.

Firstly, I AM SO RELIEVED, Trading Cards are in~ Anyone who buys or has the DLC/got those keys I gave away a while ago should have access to the Trading Cards, I was worried since I'm only charging $1.99 for it and gave a lot of keys away it might not work out, but there's already CYE trading cards ending up on the market, so I assume people who got keys can get Trading Cards.

Though it was temporary, this also made me really happy. From Steam's Most Popular chart:
4b414c7382d497d87b44bbc777de01d9.png

With all that, response and reviews for the game have been extremely positive so far, surprisingly so again. I knew the old version of the game got praise, but was thinking it'd be harsher on the Steam-side, but it's rather glowing so far.

Not too much attention yet, but I'm very pleased with the response. And interested as more feedback roles in.

I can actually vouch that the game is super fun and it would be nice to see them flesh out the mechanics more on a longer game.

Yeah. I hope they've done well enough with the sales of this game that they can afford to make another. A sequel, new game, whatever, i'd buy it. But the fact that they're giving it away for less than a buck isn't exactly inspiring.

Awesome game - played it about a month ago. Really fun platforming and very much worth the 1-2 hours it takes to beat the game.

I played through it again right after beating it, there's a surprising amount of stuff you can easily miss.

Lain

Congrats on the release and the positive receptions so far, Dusk Golem.
I'm not exactly a fan of horror games despite enjoying releases like Silent Hill 3 and Rule of Rose but I'll be sure to try out your game as soon as I have enough spare time.

Chariot

It's that time of the month again.
Time to visit the pool again to pee into the water to give people red eyes and then poop into the showers. Fuck this shit, who even buys this crap? How can they keep throwing this shit as if they were fucking Telltale. It's disgusting. Even more pathethic than the August of Saxony who tried to build a big castle but only managed an oversized dog kernel. Sakura. Sakura! Sakura! It was mildly amusing the first time to see the kid shit itself, but this joke went on far too long. Stop. Just stop Sekai Project. Do something useful. Go to the soup kitchen. Wash some old people. Go on reddit and write disgusting things about spanish people. I don't care. Just stop infesting the storefront and Greenlight with this garbage. You're not only make yourself look dumb, but also honest Visual Novel fans who just want to be recognized as a playergroup.

Dsyndrome

Lots to play today, not even counting MGS: Stasis, Close Your Eyes, and Steins;Gate on Vita comes via UPS. And now the rumors are swinging again that NA may get the n3DS after all. Good times.

Zeeman

Extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Puzzle Agent -- MB-649AA381AA9C33BD - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1441057101z1.png

Khronico

Lots to play today, not even counting MGS: Stasis, Close Your Eyes, and Steins;Gate on Vita comes via UPS. And now the rumors are swinging again that NA may get the n3DS after all. Good times.

My man.

Unfortunately Steins;Gate is being shipped this week so it'll have to wait until I beat MGSV.

Uzzy

Time to visit the pool again to pee into the water to give people red eyes and then poop into the showers. Fuck this shit, who even buys this crap? How can they keep throwing this shit as if they were fucking Telltale. It's disgusting. Even more pathethic than the August of Saxony who tried to build a big castle but only managed an oversized dog kernel. Sakura. Sakura! Sakura! It was mildly amusing the first time to see the kid shit itself, but this joke went on far too long. Stop. Just stop Sekai Project. Do something useful. Go to the soup kitchen. Wash some old people. Go on reddit and write disgusting things about spanish people. I don't care. Just stop infesting the storefront and Greenlight with this garbage. You're not only make yourself look dumb, but also honest Visual Novel fans who just want to be recognized as a playergroup.

So they're solid 7/10s?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Puzzle Agent (Telltale key) -- MB-6E7021464B3959AD - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale key) -- MB-447B26C37B660A73 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Poker Night 2 -- MB-654685B05E899984 - Taken by eyeless. 3 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory (Telltale key) -- MB-881AC0617FA0074B
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-815FED796A609BF7 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Game of Thrones A Telltale Game Series (Telltale key) -- MB-1B43DEB3E8FEA4BE - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-39FFC921110E3FF5 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1441057700z1.png

Some Telltale keys, some Steam keys.

Ozium

This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, tribal affiliations, national borders; even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that Konami envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...

Uzzy

This world will become one - I have found the way. Race, tribal affiliations, national borders; even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that Konami envisioned will finally become a reality. And it will make mankind whole again...

Pachinko?

Jazz573

I wish SP would just go to Wing Cloud and say, you know what, no, we aren't going to publish your gamea anymore. But of course that won't happen, since, you know, money and all that. :p

Chariot

So they're solid 7/10s?
The only thing solid is the headache everytime a new turd plops out sekai project's arse. They can do publish good stuff like Nekopara and Grisaia, but Sakura Anything is just a disgrace for humankind.

Pachinko?
Nanopachinkomachines
I wish SP would just go to Wing Cloud and say, you know what, no, we aren't going to publish your gamea anymore. But of course that won't happen, since, you know, money and all that. :p
Yeah, but... who pays for that shit anyways?

Tecl0n

The "unite everyone against me" scenario?

Salsa

lol so Metal Gear has full blown intro and end credits for every mission no matter how short

you basically see "Directed by Hideo Kojima" every 15 minutes in the game, and I think its unskippable

Salsa

I wasnt joking

I think you can skip em but they also hide the loading

and Hideo Kojima is the first name that shows up

so, Hideo Kojima all the time, in your face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom