• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't see what's wrong with preorder tiers, provided they end up being a good deal. Most of the times they have much better bonuses than games without it. Bioshock Infinite ended up having TF2 items, a copy of Bioshock and a copy of Xcom: Enemy Unknown, plus the pretty meh Industrial Revolution pack but it was overall a good deal.

In Deus Ex case it seems like a crappy deal, because you have to choose between bonuses( instead of getting them all), and there's the idiotic "play 4 days early" thing.

Chariot

Pre-orders are bullshit in the vast majority of cases. The only real advantage is getting a cheaper price or a preload.

I'm just baffled as to why this particular case suddenly gets a mass uprising of people losing their shit. Is it the four days early thing?
Lrlbably because tgey announced it with duch enthusiasm. With DoA5 and Infinite the tiered pre-order just was. But here they advertised it loke they thought gamers would be amazed.

Kifimbo

Well we've just about made it to page 400 folks.

I'll be putting up the new thread in the next few hours. I already have a pretty good title in mind, but if you guys can think up a better one I'll use it.

STEAM | Septembre 2015 - Wake my wallet up when September ends

Omega

Banned
Evolve Free Weekend On Xbox One & PC, DLC Free Weekend For All

emHZt8b.jpg

at this point you would think they would just do a bundle, make everything like $20 and maybe build some fans that will buy Evolve 2.

I've never seen a game die so quick. So easy to forget it came out just a few months ago and it's been dead on every system

Backlogger

at this point you would think they would just do a bundle, make everything like $20 and maybe build some fans that will buy Evolve 2.

I've never seen a game die so quick. So easy to forget it came out just a few months ago and it's been dead on every system

In other words, they should evolve their strategy?

Jawmuncher

Played some of Close Your Eyes and got stuck on the first real puzzle. Really cements how much I am a part of the problem. As soon as I can't figure out something I give up. But since the game has no guide I have to wait and see if someone can help me out. I'll beat it though, through hell or high water.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding the movie, pls pls pls have cards. I need a Fury Road backgrround asap.

Immortan Joe and V8 emoticons
Furiosa's arm emoticon

:drool:

Arthea

If it's not Metal Gear Related, i lose faith in the steam community.

Steam | September 2015 - Organ garden > nanomachines

here you go

Early release is tied to how many people preorder? How messed up is that?

It makes sense if you think about it, the more preorders are, the more money they get, the more they can pay for those extra hours and sleepless nights to finish a game early.

I'm totally kidding

Nzyme32

STEAM | September 2015 - Snake what took you so long?

STEAM | September 2015 - Forward operating thread.

STEAM | September 2015 - 6000 games and still no Half-Life 3

"If you're havin game problems I feel bad for you son; 6000 problems but HL3 ain't one"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom