• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Can someone PM me the discord link? Been around here since 08 so I can’t imagine not being part of the next version of this place :0

Thanks!

Kyougar

well i guess as long as they're not biased, they have a dozen of mods and if they're transparent it'll be fine

Did you see the list? And the whole vetting process? It is easier to get into the FBI than on that forum. Clearly a big sign of unbiased selection.

Some of those account suicides are childish and downright nasty. If this is the audience that ******** has (many stated that they will join the new forum) I don't want to be a part of it.

If the rumor is true that bans carry over to that forum, I hope they include this week's bans in their vetting process.

What is wrong with just leaving and not be nasty about it.
Where did you hear that rumor? I don't think it's true considering ZhugeEx will be one of the admins.

Kyougar

Where did you hear that rumor? I don't think it's true considering ZhugeEx will be one of the admins.

I can't remember, there are floating hundreds of images from the discord chat regarding what the new admins and mods said in the last days. There is a vetting process for new members and GAF history will be taken into consideration if the new user is accepted.

Hektor

Did you see the list? And the whole vetting process? It is easier to get into the FBI than on that forum. Clearly a big sign of unbiased selection.

The vetting process only exists to make sure that fellow gaffers can quickly access the new forum once it's running, without inviting trolls to try and register hundreds of accounts, stealing other users identities in the process.

The vetting process is nonselective and nonbiased. If you have an account here that does not give us reason to be suspicios - like a member one page earlier with one total post - you will get in.

Or would've gotten in rather, as SteamGAF decided to close invitations at 1K users.

In the future, a normal moderated registration process similar to GAF is planned..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Unfortunately not verifying for anyone else, but if you want to just be on the SteamGAF Discord to talk, quote to reveal.

Orgen

Who is staying that will take care of the OT for november? Morningbus?

That'd be nice. Or Ban Puncher :D

Anyway, I didn't post too much on steam gaf but I read almost everything so I'll keep it that way for now. Hoping that there's a November thread so we can still talk about everything related to PC gaming.

Is the ModBot giveaways still working?

Endruen

That'd be nice. Or Ban Puncher :D

Anyway, I didn't post too much on steam gaf but I read almost everything so I'll keep it that way for now. Hoping that there's a November thread so we can still talk about everything related to PC gaming.

Is the ModBot giveaways still working?

I've heard that ModBot is down and won't be back up.

barber

ModBot was the creation of Stump, who left the mod and is out of Internet for the moment. So i dont think the giveaways will be available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Morningbus hasn't posted since around the time the forum came back online and Ban Puncher is en route to you-know-what.

If nothing else, I intend to stick around to continue maintaining my existing PC performance threads and helping out with Steam stuff where I can, but I honestly don't think there's enough of a Steam community left to justify a new thread: the vast majority of posts over the past almost-two-days have been from people announcing their departure or asking for Discord details.

Tizoc

Morningbus hasn't posted since around the time the forum came back online and Ban Puncher is en route to you-know-what.

If nothing else, I intend to stick around to continue maintaining my existing PC performance threads and helping out with Steam stuff where I can, but I honestly don't think there's enough of a Steam community left to justify a new thread: the vast majority of posts over the past almost-two-days have been from people announcing their departure or asking for Discord details.
May i suggesy making a general steam ot? Let it reach 200-400 pages then generate a new ot i stead of making a monthly thread

JaseC

May i suggesy making a general steam ot? Let it reach 200-400 pages then generate a new ot i stead of making a monthly thread

That's sort of my point: it would be better to retitle this thread (and edit the Steam stuff back into the OP) and let it act as a general Steam thread until it needs to be closed and replaced.

Wok

Sadly, no news from Dog King, creator of Modbot.

0FMFrKt.png

NeoRaider

That's sort of my point: it would be better to retitle this thread (and edit the Steam stuff back into the OP) and let it act as a general Steam thread until it needs to be closed and replaced.

I agree.
At the end of this month someone should make General Steam OT. No need for monthly threads anymore, sadly. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see Valve implemented another of Enhanced Steam's features during yesterday's maintenance window.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What have they mimicked this time, JShack (and did they do it neatly/cleverly)?

They took the "Show wallet balance in header on community pages" feature. This was originally added to ES way back in 2013 (version 3.9). Valve time, and all that.

I feel at least somewhat vindicated in knowing that they added it to the exact same spot as Enhanced Steam did. So right now if you have that feature enabled, it will show up twice. In the meantime before the next release, you can simply disable that feature if you'd like.

Orgen

You'd be surprised about the amount of people who only lurks the threads and are still around. But yeah a general steam thread could be a good solution for now.

JaseC

I give it a week before someone complains about their wallet balance displaying twice but it not actually having twice the amount of money in it.

Edit:
You'd be surprised about the amount of people who only lurks the threads and are still around. But yeah a general steam thread could be a good solution for now.

Oh, I'm sure there are many lurkers and occasional contributors still about. It's just that the pace of the thread has slowed significantly as a result of people moving to different pastures that continuing with monthly replacements is, at least at this juncture, decidedly unnecessary.

oipic

They took the "Show wallet balance in header on community pages" feature. This was originally added to ES way back in 2013 (version 3.9). Valve time, and all that.

I feel at least somewhat vindicated in knowing that they added it to the exact same spot as Enhanced Steam did. So right now if you have that feature enabled, it will show up twice. In the meantime before the next release, you can simply disable that feature if you'd like.

Ah, I had noticed it was duplicated, and thought it was perhaps just my browser glitching in some way. Yeah, they could not have mimicked that anymore closely - imitation, flattery, and all that!

Tomasety

I double checked a few second ago and didn't see my wallet balance showing twice. Just once as it used to be since I started using that feature within ES.

jshackles

Steam Wallet Gifting is finally here.

Interesting. I see their javascript submission method is the same as the "add funds to your own account" page and I was able to manipulate it into variable currency amounts.

I'll have to add a "enter your own amount" box to this as well.

Slythe

If I can get a DM to the discord I would be very grateful. I have nothing to prove my worth except my .8 posts a day and a good heart. *shrugs*

Would love a discord invite too. Couldn't get a reliable internet connection for days and I come back for Neogaf basically dying apparently.

Stall19

I'd like a discord invite as well. Don't really care for discord but I'd like to follow along the discussions. Sure hope a new site comes along soon though.

Top Bottom