• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Curator Update - Coming This Fall

For the past few months we've been busy working on significant improvements and additions to the Steam Curator system. There's still some work to be done before we can roll these out, but we wanted to share a bit about why we see Steam Curators as a crucial component to exploring Steam, and what changes we're making.

And my favorite bit

If you're not interested in the opinions of human beings helping you find games that are worth your attention, then we also have some powerful features coming just for you.

Nabs

I hope modbot can find us in gaming. Loot Rascals is a lot of fun, I recommend checking it out if you grab it or picked up the most recently Humble.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-C94B957844171857 - Taken by Twentieth. 1 entrants total.
Loot Rascals -- MB-0570B0CA9A78B0EE - Taken by Mike Bison. 1 entrants total.
RIVE: Wreck, Hack, Die, Retry -- MB-2C22B8C72EB26671 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.

t1509067878z1.png

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Looks like Modbot might be getting a little too generous with the timed giveaways. We are looking into the issue so hang tight. Non-timed giveaways seem to be working normally.

EDIT: it looks like Nabs did a 15 minute lightning raffle but Modbot created a longer timer. Again we ask for patience as these issues are resolved.

EDIT EDIT: It should be resolved now sorry for the trouble.

By the way, i got another random comment under one of my screenshots from chinese guy with only PUBG on account. He was probably trying to get steam community badge, so sooner or later that chinese PUBG crowd would be assimilated and they'll start buying other games too. Or not, i'm not an expert in asian culture

Wok

By the way, i got another random comment under one of my screenshots from chinese guy with only PUBG on account. He was probably trying to get steam community badge, so sooner or later that chinese PUBG crowd would be assimilated and they'll start buying other games too. Or not, i'm not an expert in asian culture

Soon, there will be 2 million players for every game. :)

Nautical

Neo Member
If someone wanted to hit me with a SteamGAF discord link, I'd appreciate it.

Night in the Woods is a spooky $16.66 right now and I recommend it whole-heartedly.

So, how is current sale? It was underwhelming so far for me, bought only 5 games and discounts are mostly really bad. Hoping that steam autumn or at least winter sale will be better than this.

PantsuJo

So, how is current sale? It was underwhelming so far for me, bought only 5 games and discounts are mostly really bad. Hoping that steam autumn or at least winter sale will be better than this.
We'll, no good sales for me. I'll wait December sales, honestly.

I was hoping for a Trails 3 discount but nothing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I was personally hoping that the two latest Walking Dead games would hit -75% (Michonne has hit that spot in the past) or that the Walking Dead bundle would be a "complete the bundle" type of thing instead of being gift-only.

I think it's pretty telling that the top games on sale are GTA V, The Witcher (I guess this is "Halloween-y"), ARK, and Planet Coaster.

The autumn and winter sale will be a lot better in terms of breadth, but I wouldn't expect any better discounts on the games that are already on sale.

jshackles

Steamdb sales page.

https://steamdb.info/sales

I believe The Room and The Room Two were very praised among gafs. Well both reached a new lowest ever discount

Oh man, thanks for the heads up. I'll give The Room 2 a shot for $0.49. I liked the first one alright but not enough to finish it - I hear the second one is "more of the same" but a lot better presentation.

Cheers.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Belladonna -- MB-2452B7042D60E68E - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Kraven Manor -- MB-DADEE015AFA86D2D - Taken by Satanic Saint. 1 entrants total.
Nihilumbra -- MB-8CFD1610BB63447A - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.

t1509136361z1.png

abracadaver

I did a fresh install of windows on a new SSD and now I have added the old steamlibrary folder in the download settings.

How do I get Steam to recognize the installed games from the other hard drive?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did a fresh install of windows on a new SSD and now I have added the old steamlibrary folder in the download settings.

How do I get Steam to recognize the installed games from the other hard drive?

Restart Steam and it should pick up on the added manifest files.

Spacejaws

Steam Controller bugged out while playing thw Witcher 3. Starting the game the steam overlay is the desktop overlay and not sure why. They Steam Controller config I had is still working in game though, just no big picture overlay when i press the centre button.

Thought it was Shadowplay uninstalled all Geforce Experience played around with admin rights on steam and Witcher 3. Tried another game and fuck it works fine so it’s Witcher thats screwing me up.

I’m pretty far in so I think I’ll just continue. I’ve got internet enough for small things but redownload games is a big no.

Still love the damn controller though. Been playing Witcher 3/Neverwinter Nights 2 and Pillars of Eternity on it. Easy as pie...when it works...

Wok

In case anyone is looking for a hidden gem during the Steam Halloween sales, here are the top 100 gems according to my digging tool:

1. Orbox C (Steam store)
  2. Draw Puzzle (Steam store)
  3. Zombie Estate 2 (Steam store)
  4. Paradigm (Steam store)
  5. Paint it Back (Steam store)
  6. TY the Tasmanian Tiger (Steam store)
  7. Glass Masquerade (Steam store)
  8. Orbt XL (Steam store)
  9. Redirection (Steam store)
  10. Diamo XL (Steam store)
  11. Everyday Genius: SquareLogic (Steam store)
  12. Linelight (Steam store)
  13. Milkmaid of the Milky Way (Steam store)
  14. Quell (Steam store)
  15. Recursed (Steam store)
  16. Monolith (Steam store)
  17. Cogmind (Steam store)
  18. Pinkman (Steam store)
  19. Blackwell Epiphany (Steam store)
  20. Contradiction - the all-video murder mystery adventure (Steam store)
  21. Caves of Qud (Steam store)
  22. Doom & Destiny (Steam store)
  23. Opus Magnum (Steam store)
  24. Little Big Adventure 2 (Steam store)
  25. Hidden in Plain Sight (Steam store)
  26. Escape Goat (Steam store)
  27. Primordia (Steam store)
  28. Slayaway Camp (Steam store)
  29. Cat Quest (Steam store)
  30. SteamWorld Dig 2 (Steam store)
  31. Dungeon Warfare (Steam store)
  32. Princess Remedy In A Heap of Trouble (Steam store)
  33. Sally Face (Steam store)
  34. Marvin's Mittens (Steam store)
  35. 3030 Deathwar Redux (Steam store)
  36. Fidel Dungeon Rescue (Steam store)
  37. Escape Goat 2 (Steam store)
  38. West of Loathing (Steam store)
  39. Book of Demons (Steam store)
  40. Pajama Sam in No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside (Steam store)
  41. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (Steam store)
  42. Wuppo (Steam store)
  43. Airships: Conquer the Skies (Steam store)
  44. I and Me (Steam store)
  45. Chicken Invaders 4 (Steam store)
  46. Corinne Cross's Dead & Breakfast (Steam store)
  47. SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell (Steam store)
  48. Blockwick 2 (Steam store)
  49. Mini Ghost (Steam store)
  50. klocki (Steam store)
  51. Unexplored (Steam store)
  52. TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 (Steam store)
  53. Gravity Ghost (Steam store)
  54. Throne of Lies (Steam store)
  55. UnReal World (Steam store)
  56. Tetrobot and Co. (Steam store)
  57. Master of Orion 2 (Steam store)
  58. Bad Dream: Coma (Steam store)
  59. SHENZHEN I/O (Steam store)
  60. Engare (Steam store)
  61. Impossible Creatures (Steam store)
  62. Champions of Breakfast (Steam store)
  63. Life Goes On (Steam store)
  64. Rusted Warfare - RTS (Steam store)
  65. Juanito Arcade Mayhem (Steam store)
  66. Ghost of a Tale (Steam store)
  67. Super Panda Adventures (Steam store)
  68. Clone Drone in the Danger Zone (Steam store)
  69. Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Steam store)
  70. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Steam store)
  71. The Last Time (Steam store)
  72. Moonlight (Steam store)
  73. Kick Ass Commandos (Steam store)
  74. Zenge (Steam store)
  75. She Remembered Caterpillars (Steam store)
  76. Chronicon (Steam store)
  77. Beat Da Beat (Steam store)
  78. The Sea Will Claim Everything (Steam store)
  79. Templar Battleforce (Steam store)
  80. Splasher (Steam store)
  81. Battle Bruise (Steam store)
  82. The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile (Steam store)
  83. Bleed 2 (Steam store)
  84. Yorkshire Gubbins (Steam store)
  85. Neighbours from Hell (Steam store)
  86. Chicken Invaders 5 (Steam store)
  87. Flood of Light (Steam store)
  88. The Journey Down: Chapter Two (Steam store)
  89. Polandball: Can into Space! (Steam store)
  90. Voodoo Vince: Remastered (Steam store)
  91. Warstone TD (Steam store)
  92. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Steam store)
  93. N++ (Steam store)
  94. Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (Steam store)
  95. Unium (Steam store)
  96. The Darkside Detective (Steam store)
  97. Dream Car Builder (Steam store)
  98. Hylics (Steam store)
  99. Grandpa's Table (Steam store)
  100. Hook (Steam store)

If you are more into Anime and Visual Novels, check these instead:

What's the word on Age of Wonders 3? I've never played Civ or anything too similar but I enjoy Disgaea, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars... what are the odds that I'll dig this? $7.49 on sale rn.

BasilZero

Just finished Sakura Shrine girls lol

I'm....just playing for completion of my backlog and for steam cards >.>.

(I hate how the stories end, its like the ending is cut off and full of cliffhangers.)

Top Bottom