• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
my phobia of holes is kicking in. See you guys on the next page.

I wonder what happens when you are with your partner alone...
KuGsj.gif

Are there any dentistry simulators on steam?
Crocodile Dentist needs a game on steam. That would be dope.

Elija2

Family Sharing is disabled when Steam is switched to Offline Mode. This wasn't the case at first, but it didn't take long for Valve to cotton on to the fact that people were using OM to circumvent the disallowing of concurrent library access.

If you are offline the games wont show up to your friend IIRC. So nope.

So I have to be online for the other person to be able to play my games? What if I go offline while they're playing something?

Majukun

reading mixed opinions about blade symphony,some poeple really like it,some people say it's a very shallow game,what's the general consensu here on GAF?...i know it is ridicolously cheap in the bundle,but everything else seems either garbage or something i'm not interested in the least,so i wanted to know more about the only game I'm interested in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I have to be online for the other person to be able to play my games? What if I go offline while they're playing something?

Oh, no, your status has no bearing that. Once their PC and account are authorised, they can play your games whenever, provided you're not in-game yourself... and Steam isn't in Offline Mode.

Tripolygon

Banned
But i have to download unity player, my chrome is already laggy as it is.
Wait for a sale. It was 33% off a few days ago. You can probably still get it from a trader for less than that.
Thanks, i'll hold off. My steam library is anemic so i doubt there is anything i have for someone to want. I just started building my library when this summer sale started.

Elija2

Oh, no, your status has no bearing that. Once their PC and account are authorised, they can play your games whenever, provided you're not in-game yourself... and Steam isn't in Offline Mode.

You can be offline, you just can't be Offline (the steam mode), if that makes sense.

I think they get a 3 minute warning to save and quit.

Alright, I think I understand how it works now. Thanks guys.

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Mono

Okay, this was a weird page to walk into!

capsule_467x181.jpg

I've played about 10 hours of Rogue Legacy now and I really love it! The jumping is extremely floaty and a bit jarring to get used to, especially coming from Shovel Knight, but a lot of the game is about avoiding stuff, so it's quite useful and makes sense.

The progression system is lots of fun. Even if you get a terrible character who dies instantly, you aren't really punished for it. I found myself "rolling" for characters when I was trying to defeat the first boss, since different abilities are useful for different things.

It's a fun little game. I feel like I could but hundreds of hours into it, despite there not being much variety in the enemies.

Hello, just contributing to make this page a thing from the past.

Arkham Origins is a great game, IMO. I'd even go as far as to say that it's better than City in almost every way. Yeah, it has some minor bugs (I guess they were worse at launch, because it only crashed on me a couple of times although there's a pretty common bug with the gliding animation that happens like 25% of the time and I don't know how in the world they haven't patched it out yet) and I kinda preferred City's plot, but I didn't notice any significant difference in combat timing, as many people claimed. So glad I bought it during the Summer Sale!

Blood Dragon, on the other hand... I guess it gets a chuckle out of me from time to time, but I'm finding it awfully boring ~2 hours in. I've mostly followed the plot, and then I started collecting stuff and hunting animals. Does it get better? I should have bought The Witcher 2 instead :/

saunderez

Get your Toki Tori 2+ here! One of many copies that are bound to be given away over the next week or so....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-26335577ABCEF3E7 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Okay, this was a weird page to walk into!

The progression system is lots of fun. Even if you get a terrible character who dies instantly, you aren't really punished for it. I found myself "rolling" for characters when I was trying to defeat the first boss, since different abilities are useful for different things.

Minor ability spoiler
there's an upgrade you can unlock that let's you re roll your 3 offspring, so you get six choices each generation

-MD-

The jumping is extremely floaty and a bit jarring to get used to, especially coming from Shovel Knight

It's a fun little game. I feel like I could but hundreds of hours into it, despite there not being much variety in the enemies.

I don't get when people call Rogue Legacy floaty, the PC version is 100% precise on a gamepad. You can control the height of your jump by how long you hold the button down, can change directions multiple times in the air. The controls were perfect but I always see people saying it's floaty, seriously confuses me.

After 10 hours I assume you have only seen the first 1-2 zones, there are more zones with way more enemies doing different stuff and NG+ makes everything switch up even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom