• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

After all this time I'm not even sure what candy corn is, but the very name makes me want to throw up.
I didn't see anyone answer to tell you what candy corn is, but it's this:
87E64D66345C182F5621110AD19575D645408671

A full Blitzball game? Yes, please!
I misread this and thought you said "a fun Blitzball game," which defies imagination.

I don't think Chao raising would work well as a standalone game. Half the fun is going through Sonic levels collecting animals, Chaos Drives, and rings. Remove all of that and you just have a lame pet raising game.

Torturing those pets was pretty deep, for a side activity at least.

I've found so far in my EU4 sessions that aggression us really frowned upon and will cause everyone to unite to cut you down to size. In Civ you can usually just steamroll smaller opponents, in EU those smaller opponents form a coalition with a bunch of other opponents and they're a real threat. I think it's a scale thing, there's just so many potential enemies and I haven't figured out how to maintain peace whilst being expansionistic yet.

With Civilization 5 everybody is a too large blob, every war is attrition war. You are forming the map thus you may stop someone before they are too big. In EU4 they already are too big so you can't stop them, or they have too many friends. In short in Civilization everybody hates you yet afraid of you, while in Eu4 most doesn't care about you but none is afraid of you.

Anyone in here got some TF2 ref in their inventory? I need some and trading for it is apparently not an easy process.

Shadownet, pm me the info or whatever I need.

Shadownet

Banned
We usually play some rounds 10pm our time (me, chariot, huggy etc). Though I have no idea when shadownet played.

I usually play... whenever. mostly afternoon and early evening. tonight was a weird exception cause I got home from work at 10:30pm and i told Huggie before I left for work that we should play tonight if he's still up.

So yeah. the only multiplayer games I play is this, CS:GO, and Torchlight 2.

_hekk05

Banned
I usually play... whenever. mostly afternoon and early evening. tonight was a weird exception cause I got home from work at 10:30pm and i told Huggie before I left for work that we should play tonight if he's still up.

So yeah. the only multiplayer games I play is this, CS:GO, and Torchlight 2.

What time is that exactly? 10pm me and wilfare time is 2pm GMT

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I didn't see anyone answer to tell you what candy corn is, but it's this:
This makes it seem good.
Vlad offered a brief description. It doesn't sound too bad but I can't say I'm interested in trying it.
gritty corn syrup and sugar.

"Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup, wax, artificial coloring and binders." From the Wiki.

Who wants this dayglo thing in their mouth?
candy_corn.jpg

And for proof, here is a recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candy-corn-recipe2.html

As for multiplayer, you guys need to TF2. Our community is dead (gone on to Dooty 2)

Beelzebubs

This makes it seem good.

gritty corn syrup and sugar.

"Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup, wax, artificial coloring and binders." From the Wiki.

Who wants this dayglo thing in their mouth?
candy_corn.jpg

And for proof, here is a recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candy-corn-recipe2.html

As for multiplayer, you guys need to TF2. Our community is dead (gone on to Dooty 2)

I'm on TF2 every day now for the drops. 1 day a hat will drop!

I don't think Chao raising would work well as a standalone game. Half the fun is going through Sonic levels collecting animals, Chaos Drives, and rings. Remove all of that and you just have a lame pet raising game.
My idea is to completely re-do the leveling system and make it more of a skill system, like what Ultima VIII tried to do but failed at miserably. The Chao themselves would learn through repetition and a more advanced praise/scold system. Chaos Drive grinding was the worst thing about raising Chao to begin with; a new game would essentially have to recreate Chao Adventure, but in 3D. This would entail large, non-linear areas to explore and raise your Chao in, and there'll be some genuine challenge (nothing arcane) in accessing new portions of these areas. The premise is that you're exploring Chao World through a select avatar (could be Sonic, could be Alex Kidd, who knows!) and interacting with the indigenous critters to progress and love on the little guys.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I expect "Gritty corn syrup" to be a bulletpoint on the box of an EA game at some within the next few years.

I thought it would be free* Farming Simulator DLC?

*subsidized by the US Department of Agriculture, just like in real life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No Man's Sky is still coming to the PC.

“Basically we’re doing a console debut on PS4. That’s all we’re saying right now. But that leaves open a PC version, which we really want to do.”
The response I received was basically thus: there’s nothing locking Hello Games into only making a PS4 version, but the team is purposefully small and they don’t want to balloon it out so big that it pops, letting out creative potential with a sad “pffffffftheeep.” Given that the game is still a ways off, the studio isn’t entirely sure how much that will limit its ability to do two versions at the same time. For now, then, they don’t want to announce anything. Not until they’re sure.

That's classic "Console first, PC later" talk.

I thought it would be free* Farming Simulator DLC?

*subsidized by the US Department of Agriculture, just like in real life.

I like the way you think.

A Gafer who worked at CD Projeckt Red gave away 50 steam copies of Witcher 3.
:p

people played CS:GO, Payday 2, No Man Land is apparently not coming to PC.. yet.

You didn't miss much.
Don'tchu be messin' wit my emotions. Oh wait...

No Man's Sky being semi-deconfirmed is seriously pissing me off though. Or delayed, whatever. They seemingly got paid enough to shut up about it until it happens later.

Shadownet

Banned
Don'tchu be messin' wit my emotions. Oh wait...

No Man's Sky being semi-deconfirmed is seriously pissing me off though. Or delayed, whatever. They seemingly got paid enough to shut up about it until it happens later.

heres something to cheer you up.
62092.jpg

oh i also made a steamGAF fantasy football league if you wanna join. so far we got corrosive and hugs.

Arthea

No Man's Sky is still coming to the PC.

That's classic "Console first, PC later" talk.

I had my suspicions that this will happen when everybody got hyped about it... but still it hurts.

I misread this and thought you said "a fun Blitzball game," which defies imagination.

aww, don't hate on blitzball, it's so out of fashion.
Level 5 made whole successful series based on blitzball, just reminding!

Elija2

My idea is to completely re-do the leveling system and make it more of a skill system, like what Ultima VIII tried to do but failed at miserably. The Chao themselves would learn through repetition and a more advanced praise/scold system. Chaos Drive grinding was the worst thing about raising Chao to begin with; a new game would essentially have to recreate Chao Adventure, but in 3D. This would entail large, non-linear areas to explore and raise your Chao in, and there'll be some genuine challenge (nothing arcane) in accessing new portions of these areas. The premise is that you're exploring Chao World through a select avatar (could be Sonic, could be Alex Kidd, who knows!) and interacting with the indigenous critters to progress and love on the little guys.

Chaos Drive grinding may have gotten boring after a while but it still sounds better than watching Chao swim repeatedly until they get better at it (unless you're thinking of a more hands-on approach to leveling up Chao). Plus I thought that the better animals being in harder-to-reach spots of the levels was a pretty cool idea. I do like the idea of a bigger and explorable Chao World though.

Shadownet

Banned
Uh, I've never messed with fantasy football in my life. I'm in if it's American Football like I think it is.

dont worry, its not hard to pick up at all. you pretty much draft a bunch of players, plug them into the starting lineup on game day, and hope they score you points. (i.e. catching td, running td, etc)

you go up against another team every week. whichever team get the most points win that week. and then we go to playoff. whichever team win at the end, win the entire thing.

thats pretty much the short version of it. :) dont worry. just come join and have fun if you want, i can teach you the rest later. :)

Salsa

you guys use Spotify?

im debating wether or not to keep Premium going since I don't have an unlimited data plan and this thing is devouring gigs

it just launched on Latin America months ago and it has a nicer price ($6 p/month) but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom