• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I want bacon and eggs. Someone please bring me bacon and eggs.
LLShC.gif

img_0291-2.jpg

Turfster

Did I turn it over to the food channel before I went to bed?
*thumps TV*

Memories of a Vagabond keys are available for Indie Royale Debut 13.

Jadax

Umm do you like soup?
20120126-vegan-chili-31.jpg

eatonvilletofu2.JPG

^I think that's a hash brown

I wish veg food was generally this good...most days I just make some rice, maybe a lentils dish, maybe some salad-cum-curry dish and eat that. Breakfast is almost always just a sandwich or cereal.

:(

Fox318

I wish veg food was generally this good...most days I just make some rice, maybe a lentils dish, maybe some salad-cum-curry dish and eat that. Breakfast is almost always just a sandwich or cereal.

:(

You can't eat any animals...

but nobody said anything about people.

You know what to do next

Seems like FXAA is the best AA solution for the witcher 2. It took my eyes a while to get used to the softness of the image but i'll take it over the messy jaggies everywhere without it on. I also disabled the sharpening filter because it's pretty annoying and doesn't really help matters.

And now for the congratulations to CD Project Red, who made a much better game with W2 compared to the tedious, slow paced, and mechanically simple W1. I was really dreading starting W2 because the first witcher game was just such a frustrating bore that I couldn't help but feel adverse to the notion of playing W2.

However, this game is legit great. The story has moves briskly compared to the first, the game's battle system now has a better dodge mechanic and a parrying system that is enjoyable with both adding some depth to the shallow clickclickclick conflicts of the first game, and starting with a handful of magic abilities leaves you with a lot of options right from the beginning.

The game just started opening up in chapter 2, with what appears to be the first real town in the game. I'm still somewhat concerned that this game will be filled to the waist with too much backtracking, an issue that plagued the first game, but so far so good. I finally gained access to a notice board so I have a handful of quests to explore.

Speaking of quests, I like that the journal is constantly updated as quests move along and the general conceit that it's being filled in by another character adds, well, it adds some character to the journal entries that make them more enjoyable than just the standard in-game wiki style of entries that most RPGs use.

So, the tldr version of my initial W2 impressions: it's damn good. It's always a good sign when you have trouble putting a game down before work and all you really did was get rid of some rusty swords, grab your medallion so you could see if there are any herbs about, and make some Falka's Blood for your blade. If this keeps up, I think i'll be preordering W3 very very soon

I wish veg food was generally this good...:(

I've been following a vegetarian diet for some years now and I've found out about some really tasty stuff, such as seitan and tempeh so I'm not complaining too much, only thing you have to spend some time researching recipes on the web or books.

As for breakfast, cereals are quite good for all I know, and you may also drink some soy/rice milk if you feel like it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like FXAA is the best AA solution for the witcher 2. It took my eyes a while to get used to the softness of the image but i'll take it over the messy jaggies everywhere without it on. I also disabled the sharpening filter because it's pretty annoying and doesn't really help matters.

Personally, I'd just ditch FXAA for SMAA. They're largely the same in terms of anti-aliasing efficiency, however the latter imposes no discernible texture blur.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are there only Russian guides showing in Valiant Hearts because I technically have a Russian version or are the Russians the only people posting guides for the game?

XShagrath

Are there only Russian guides showing in Valiant Hearts because I technically have a Russian version or are the Russians the only people posting guides for the game?
Didn't really need a guide for this game. The puzzles were relatively simple, for the most part. For the couple times I got stuck for a few seconds, the "carrier pigeon" hint system was enough to get me moving again.

Jawmuncher

I still haven't fully grasped what all of the AA's in a game refer to.
usually just throw that shit somewhere in the middle and call it a day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Didn't really need a guide for this game. The puzzles were relatively simple, for the most part. For the couple times I got stuck for a few seconds, the "carrier pigeon" hint system was enough to get me moving again.

I never stated I was going to use them. I just noticed an absurd amount of Russian in my overlay and investigated. The puzzles are easy.

Personally, I'd just ditch FXAA for SMAA. They're largely the same in terms of anti-aliasing efficiency, however the latter imposes no discernible texture blur.

I tried using SMAA but it didn't work for whatever reason. FXAA did, though, and I'll take a small bit of softness over how terrible it looks without it. Sucks, but it's better than nothing.

JaseC

Apparently Firefall is coming to Steam at the end of the month. If the name sounds familiar, it's probably because you've read this article on the game's troubled existence, which basically means that the upcoming Steam release is a last-ditch effort to squeeze some money out of it.

JaseC

I tried using SMAA but it didn't work for whatever reason. FXAA did, though, and I'll take a small bit of softness over how terrible it looks without it. Sucks, but it's better than nothing.

Strange, it's worked in every game I've attempted to use it in.... mind you, I haven't tried The Witcher 2.

milena87

These dishes should be DLC additions in Cook Serve Delicious

The first one maybe, the others seem complicated. I tend to avoid dishes that need things added after being cooked.

My menu on NG+ is mostly Beer + Coffee + Chicken Breast + Steak + Fish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom