• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Yo, no need to thank me in the thread! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-EECE54C471F67E54 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Mafia II -- MB-D7DD528ACC147B23 - Taken by xenoflux2113

NotSelf

More bioshock for dat ass.
ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-F2553BF1ADA207BA - Taken by Scipius. 9 entrants total.

t1404846094z1.png

Ventara

Tbh, bundles like this are cool, but I still prefer those bundles with high-end indie games. Can you imagine a bundle with Transistor, Starbound and Banner Saga? Or something crazy like that? My mind will be blown. Hoping for something like that for HB11.

Ha, and I just bought the Bioshock Triple Pack a week ago during the summer sale for 3 keys. I still made out like a bandit on that one, so I don't feel bad giving away these spares. I had almost the entire pack anyway - week 2 extras will be interesting.

ModBot said:
[
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-86E6398A93D26AFB - Taken by JDHarbs. 12 entrants total.
The Bureau X-COM Declassified -- MB-3786D6CF764DF895 - Taken by PriitV. 17 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-6BF56D80477C2FF6
The Darkness II -- MB-85A088AE3C5C3395 - Taken by C4rter. 11 entrants total.
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-B25590454CE2AD1C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 17 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-E78E9243CC4F5359 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 4 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-307CF7AB5026FFED - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

t1404846211z1.png

wilflare

You can buy the DDE, yeah. It includes a DLC app.

Edit: Nothing on the Humble Bundle page suggests that the game comes with DLC. I think you'll find it's just the standard edition.

the DLC we are referring to is the Man Made Pack DLC included only with the DDE right?
oh well guess I won't be able to upgrade my standard sub to DDE :/

I did redeem it but I'm not sure what you mean by this. It shows up as "Mafia II Retail" if that's what you meant.

gah was hoping it'll be "Mafia II Retail Comp"
so it'll come with these
http://steamdb.info/sub/6030/apps/

but if it's "Mafia II Retail"... here's all
http://steamdb.info/sub/8773/apps/

It won't let me redeem it because it's already in my library. So no idea if it'll add the DLC. Was hoping if it did it'd redeem over top of it.

guess it's really just the exact same thing

Copons

Tbh, bundles like this are cool, but I still prefer those bundles with high-end indie games. Can you imagine a bundle with Transistor, Starbound and Banner Saga? Or something crazy like that? My mind will be blown. Hoping for something like that for HB11.

Yeah I guess we all can, but in the next year or so. :D

tip - after emailing, immediately contact their twitter and give them your case number. it will speed up the process (hours, instead of weeks)

Cool tip. I've gotta say though that I sent in a support ticket for a humble store purchase the other day and had everything resolved in about a day. Not to say that tweeting it won't get it done even faster, but credit where credit is due for their support team, from my point of view.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the DLC we are referring to is the Man Made Pack DLC included only with the DDE right?
oh well guess I won't be able to upgrade my standard sub to DDE :/

Just wait until the game is 75% off on Steam again and buy the DDE then.

On the subject of Mafia II the store says I own the DDE version, but when I right click on the game in my library it says I have no DLC for it. Shouldn't I at least have the Made Man Pack?

Kyougar

Yep, these things happen:
HighlevelRashJapanesebeetle.gif

I'm a little ambivalent about this gif :/ First and Foremost, Anime "Accidents" really seem to happen IRL. But this looks so fake, especially the first second.

propably not fake, but yellow-girl positions herself awkwardly in the right position. But Maybe she is really a socially awkward penguin Anime stereotype *shrug*

BadRamen

This bundle is some serious value! I hope this means more people will actually play The Darkness II. Pretty fun shooter romp with slick visuals and fun mechanics. I should post some screens later!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Smash TV doesn't exactly have a unique control scheme or game design though... If you mean specifically with the game show theme, there's Cash Guns Chaos for PSP.

Honestly, though, STV is kind of a crap quarter muncher designed to be unfair. Best leave it to your nostalgic memories.

You're probably right about leaving it to nostalgia, but I've only played the Midway Arcade Treasures port of Smash TV, so the quarter munching never really affected me :p

Dota Dash.
So we've gone from a warcraft 3 mod that emulated basic RPGs to a standalone game that emulates Mario Kart?

That boost power just makes me sad :(

Please, there aren't enough gams in this game for it to be remotely similar to Dragon's Crown :p

I honestly prefer bundles like those compared to this 2K bundle. Hoping the weekly bundle will be really good this week.

I'm a little ambivalent about this gif :/ First and Foremost, Anime "Accidents" really seem to happen IRL. But this looks so fake, especially the first second.

propably not fake, but yellow-girl positions herself awkwardly in the right position. But Maybe she is really a socially awkward penguin Anime stereotype *shrug*

It's just like one of my Japanese animes.

Since another thread is coming to a close soon, here are a bunch of Desura keys. First come, first serve:

UFO Destroyer (Desura): IQ460-RBQ24-BVI1T-0K4AX-WO1CZ
Noire (Desura): 841S3-B4ZU4-WSZLR-51E7S-V1RFY
Infinite Loop (Desura): IVUPH-E6YK7-GQ322-W39YP-7U4X5
Glow Ball - The Billiard Puzzle (Desura): OV2NW-SAP9W-C4VLZ-M3GDP-V0ZPV
Depth Hunter (Desura): 9O1CQ-45FF0-30X1T-HSJIS
Deep Black (Desura): 963IQ-BPQ7W-0TCAR-92X09
Koya Rift (Desura): ZTX6Y-01XD3-EKT83-0TQVZ-AZQAG
Crystals of Time (Desura): POV22-2R4PS-C0U8E-UMP6D-FVU2Y

JaseC

On the subject of Mafia II the store says I own the DDE version, but when I right click on the game in my library it says I have no DLC for it. Shouldn't I at least have the Made Man Pack?

The app id used for the DDE store page doesn't actually exist. Steam is detecting that you own the base game and is mistakenly saying you own the DDE because despite the URL and title the store page is actually tied to Mafia 2 the game.

To see which version you activated, check your Steam account page and CTRL-F for Mafia, but I can tell you that since you're not seeing the Made Man DLC, you don't own the DDE.

Alright, here's some extras I have. This time as a 3 hour free-for-all. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam/Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock 2 -- MB-23F868B9D58A9349 - Taken by Tesseract. 18 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-7AD52F97811B0A15 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 2 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-591F14280D829184 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-486AA47EEFA9C5B9 - Taken by Real4Life
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-64FE004AD0F910DF - Taken by daisysmurf
Mafia II -- MB-D11AA3B05C464D03 - Taken by Shalashaska. 12 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-F4BB2BD4F98154FD - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 11 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-33601C00149899F1 - Taken by Chocobro. 8 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E1233E8B252612E7 - Taken by Gurthang
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-EE271A4DCAD8A6E4 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 1 entrants total.

t1404856528z1.png

Ventara

What other 2K games do you guys expect next week?

I'm hoping for Duke Nukem Forever. Not interested in Borderlands or Civ 5 (though I wouldn't say no to them either). Just seems like DNF would be a fun game to run through once.

Actually, I think she fell awkwardly as well. It looks like she intentionally fell towards the other player. Maybe she's trying to play mind games and psyche out her opponent?

Tellaerin

Actually, I think she fell awkwardly as well. It looks like she intentionally fell towards the other player. Maybe she's trying to play mind games and psyche out her opponent?

I dunno, they both looked pretty happy about the whole thing. Now I'm imagining some sort of "illicit romance across team lines" Romeo-and-Juliet sports thing. Maybe I should start writing yuri manga. :p

random

That's the cut one? I have a german Paypal account but live abroad right now.

Really late, but I was assuming that was the uncut one. The SteamDB ninjas confirmed that it was.

Germany here, too. Always so cumbersome to get uncensored games.
Does that mean if I buy this bundle from Germany via german Paypal, I get keys for uncensored Bioshock 1 and Darkness 2 ?
These two are the only censored ones. What a pain.

Since I am not in germany at the moment, it does only mean that using a german payment method will not get you a censored version.

I do not know what happens if you buy from a german IP, I could not find any reports.

JaseC

I'm hoping for Duke Nukem Forever. Not interested in Borderlands or Civ 5 (though I wouldn't say no to them either). Just seems like DNF would be a fun game to run through once.

I didn't mind DNF and even played through the SP DLC. It's definitely a mess of a game that poorly straddles a line between dated and "modern", but the hodgepodge of largely "old-school" DN3D-inspired FPS gameplay and modern game design tropes (e.g. the occasional QTE) combined to make for a strangely endearing experience. I will say, though, that I don't think I could have stomached the game if the weapon carry limit in the PC version were limited to two, as it is in the console versions, rather than four. Whoever thought that going the Call of Doggy route in that regard would be a good idea was decidedly far off the mark.

At least more people will be able to play The Bureau now. Really underrated game.

Yeah, it's gotten a bad rap, but it's really not bad. Then again, i *love* Mass-Effect style combat systems, so it was right up my alley. I just wish the other agent AIs weren't quite so boneheaded at times.

Still, if you approach it sans baggage of what an X-COM game "should" be, it's good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom