• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The remaining scraps:

ModBot said:
Instructions for C00kie M0nster:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 102 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C00kie M0nster, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Iron Grip: Warlord - Scorched Earth DLC -- MB-FD189ED9D39CB084
4 Elements -- MB-519A510A3AAD067D
PID -- MB-886F29750F39C88A
Thunder Wolves -- MB-C98B4816ECA60C82 - Taken by Emperor_EL
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-7B8EE3F569DBD395
Tribloos 2 -- MB-D5C0F1B686803EBA
Imperial Glory -- MB-75BF05298F6BED06
Rush for Glory -- MB-B7C8C09DC8930409
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-905F15F355EC8D32
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-FC76B873F4DB9B97 - Taken by Pakkidis
Zack Zero -- MB-48BBE7F5A072D253
Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix -- MB-6C37F0234E20BC85 - Taken by Ventara
1953 - KGB UNLEASHED -- MB-C10841A391CDF420
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4282EAD644A956BA
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-5D7DF9470BC66280
Iron Grip: Warlord -- MB-C3C253CFA321BD64
Project Aftermath -- MB-EF65978766ED8F6F
GUN METAL -- MB-99487AB577C222A6
SANG-FROID - TALES OF WEREWOLVES -- MB-E12C5DE91254299D - Taken by toastyToast
A NEW BEGINNING - FINAL CUT -- MB-80D1D0F648073F74
DROID ASSAULT -- MB-6AB322EFA40C6292 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Runespell: Overture -- MB-A83744CE9945866D
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-4C5653561CF8F04E
STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-FE8389439AA94943
ECHO OF THE WILDS -- MB-96B31C58F4B04C6F
DIVO -- MB-E77F6B77657BD2D8
Little Inferno -- MB-93953CA2EEDE6065
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-C895E3AB1752E269
Paranormal State: Poison Spring -- MB-C389F0650B27BAD4
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-F8C8FA9CFC46FA7B
Puzzle Bots -- MB-43D975E8EEDC3E63
Fortix 2 -- MB-C49AF11ECDB1EBB4
Inescapable -- MB-D6BDD43B8AAC85AF
Party Of Sin -- MB-9075636245D8CA57
Heroes of Annihilated Empires -- MB-DBBD8DE86093073D - Taken by bobnowhere
HEROES OF STEEL -- MB-0F8351034047C0D8
ANTISQUAD -- MB-0C94B97FFE929C81

Waku

And another round

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Waku, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-B9FDAC7ADC5902CE - Taken by VikasNarula
The Darkness II -- MB-669E71D37A2F6AF4 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Sky Chief

It's a free for all so feel free to put in claims for both games. Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-5038E15194CE571F - Taken by Caerith. 13 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-443AD4C049ADEC42 - Taken by cHinzo. 9 entrants total.

t1404847470z1.png

Have at it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-DCFA69D52D4F6B24 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 17 entrants total.

t1404847652z1.png

Since I am not in germany at the moment, it does only mean that using a german payment method will not get you a censored version.
I do not know what happens if you buy from a german IP, I could not find any reports.
I've had it with this damn censoring bs in Germany. FFS what success has this idiocy brought anyone? Neither France, Holland or Sweden is filled with violent psychopaths, so wth? I'm a freaking grown man dammit. What stupid right do they take to babysit me.
Thanks fellow friend, I'll wait for clarification from knowledgeable users, otherwise gonna get in contact with US friends. This shit shouldn't have to be like this.

So, a repost since there is much time left and the thread is moving on.
Yep, these things happen:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-7E5B948CBFA1FB05 - Taken by anastef

t1468004400z4.png

Dr Dogg

what could the BTA bonus be? Wouldn't be Enemy Within since Enemy Beyond is in the $20 tier.

Well there has already been a Sid Meyer bundle so don't know about any of them, the sports games have either been yanked or not a chance in hell due to licencing but I'm going to hazard a guess DNF and maybe DLC for the first tier and BTA tier but not the pricier packs. Really there isn't too much they have to offer game wise and after Warner Bros got away with DLC in their bundle I wouldn't be surprised.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Question for the Steam experts, JaseC...

I have the German cut version of Bioshock in my account (don't judge me, it was my fifth game on Steam, I didn't knew better), and just now I added the uncut version from the Humble Bundle.

Normally when adding a different version of a game it just appears two or more times in your library. But I still have only one Bioshock in my Library.

My question is, will Steam now install the old cut or the new uncut version when I install the game?

PS: Any non-german gaffer wanting to get rid of Bioshock 1 and Darkness 2, I'd happily oblige since getting them uncensored from Germany is a hassle.
I'll most likely buy tier 2 anyway for the other games since they are not censored. Thanks.

Are you a bad enough dude to win this game? First come first served.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Bioshock -- MB-82DFC5142D6ACB4F - Taken by nampad

Holy crap @ that Humble 2K bundle...and to think that I bought Declassified and Bio: Infinite for $15 in January... :/

if you've played them and enjoyed them then nothing was lost.

However, this is why you hold out if you aren't going to play a game right away. It'll almost always be cheaper in the future.

if you've played them and enjoyed them then nothing was lost.

However, this is why you hold out if you aren't going to play a game right away. It'll almost always be cheaper in the future.

Yeah, I thought I had learned my lesson in the past, but then I bought System Shock for $5 in a previous Steam Sale and didn't play it by the time it was about a dollar recently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question for the Steam experts, JaseC...

I have the German cut version of Bioshock in my account (don't judge me, it was my fifth game on Steam, I didn't knew better), and just now I added the uncut version from the Humble Bundle.

Normally when adding a different version of a game it just appears two or more times in your library. But I still have only one Bioshock in my Library.

My question is, will Steam now install the old cut or the new uncut version when I install the game?

Are you sure it activated? It shouldn't have -- there's no Bio1 DLC and the base game is universal. What's the sub name as per your account page?

cHinzo

Any reason why there are so many (great) Bioshock games giveaways? I missed out on this series sadly, but wanna try out from the start.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Did you buy the bundle from Germany with a german paypal account without using vpn and got uncensored versions of bioshock 1 and darkness 2 ?
If so, that would be valuable info for this fellow german.

I haven't checked in detail yet, but this was added to my account from this bundle

JlfrP6W.png

and this is the old bioshock in my account

sNbVT5I.png

and I could activate the second bioshock without a problem, so it can't be the same version of the game

Are you sure it activated? It shouldn't have -- there's no Bio1 DLC and the base game is universal. What's the sub name as per your account page?

yep, it activated, see above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom