• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Redeemed and thanks man!

i9uE9MtfA6jyQ.PNG

Grief.exe

I'm still at work. God, I just want to go home and play Metal Gear Rising. And eat supper too, that would be nice.

As am I. Ben looking forward to finishing up San Andreas, but at this rate I won't be getting out of here anytime soon.

Looks like I'll be sticking around here more often after the Steam Sales thread!

Checking in. Steam summer sale was the first steamgaf thread ever posted in. Think I'm gonna stick around. You guys are decent I guess ;)

Probably will be frequenting this thread thanks to the summer sale threads. I had a very good time and it seems to be all the same people.

Always great to pick up new members post-sale.

Rudakus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-67B6D3689C41E06B

t1404187467z1.png

My buddy loves this game so figured I'd give someone else the chance to have some fun! Enjoy

Ibuki

Banned
If I post my specs, will one of you kind souls tell me if I can run Wolfy? I don't want to buy it and have it stuttering and have my computer melt. :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hello, everyone. I'm relatively new to the monthly threads, so.. Hi!

Hi! I'm glad you decided to join us in the regular Steam threads. :)

And thanks again for DR3! So pumped!

Kanokare

If I post my specs, will one of you kind souls tell me if I can run Wolfy? I don't want to buy it and have it stuttering and have my computer melt. :)

Yeah go for it. Best to be safe now before you consider selling the Xbox One version :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cool thanks.

Does anybody have a GMG code which works with GMG credit?

No such thing exists. The -25% code expires very soon; the replacement, if its -20%, should be credit-friendly.

I suppose it's worth pointing out that the 5% is just what's in the code at this time. Since the feature isn't live yet, it's subject to change. But you're right, it'll probably be cheaper to stick with swapping funds via Paypal.

Ah, fair point. 0.5% would be ideal since it's what PayPal charges me to send money to my usual trader, but I'm not holding my breath, haha.

But the good news is that you'll be able to put that card idling money to work easier.

Yeah, sending, say, $2 becomes $2.10 (assuming for the moment that the 5% fee is accurate) rather than ~$2.40 for a key.

zkylon

zkylewd
for being on the top 10, i must spent the less out of any in that list lol

i didn't think i'd be so high, now i'm embarrassed

Tizoc

Wow! What a generous gift!

Divinity has exploded to the top of my wish list after hearing the positive GAF impressions.

Come on Grief, it was the new hotness at the time, how could you sleep on that?! I revoke your glasses and bling for this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JaseC has evolved to his final form once he hit 3k games, he doesnt need Saoirse anymore

Unicorn

Okay, here's typical Steam ADHD. Now I'm installing mods for New Vegas. I tried the Nexus Mod Manager before, but something didn't work... So, now I'm installing manually and boy does it suck! I'm going to be sad when all is said and done and I boot it up, and there's glitches and issues amok because a handful of mods got installed wrong
TadkV.gif

Pachimari

Oh wow, I have now tried looking through 20-30 tf2outpost profiles and found 2 from Brazil who won't trade SAW because they don't have it in their inventory.

The hunt continues. :D

Soroc

Was playing realMYST masterpiece and was like 10 hours in and into my 3rd age when I realized I should have gotten some of these steam achievements.

Look around the steam community boards for the game and come to find out they aren't yet live? on steam. Funny that they are all shown up already but can't be accessed I guess until the next patch.

Was wondering why under global almost all of them were at 0% lol

Guess I'll wait to continue playing it again :)

Oh look. A July thread.

Hey Subby, I'm almost through Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us. This is straight up rad.
Thanks again for doing the giveaway of it back before the sale.

JaseC

How many tf2 keys should I pay for a copy of SAW from the Brazilian store?

8 ideally but no more than 9.

Yeah, that popped up on Tumblr last night in the wee hours of this morning, too. I thought it was as screenshot of Byzantium at first, haha.

Evidently some people just need to watch more great movies. :p

This is true. ;)

JaseC has evolved to his final form once he hit 3k games, he doesnt need Saoirse anymore

Haha, rest assured the avatar is one for the pile. ;)

tumblr_n7zundlgBF1r1ize2o1_1280.png

pYKtL9O.png

I'm crossing my fingers, but I am prepared for disappointment and shame.

If you can run Rage, you can run Wolf14. You'll need to dial down the settings a bit, though.

JASE THAT'S YOU?! I barely recognized you
Damnit man, did you lose a bet or something? SWITCH BACK TO REAL LIFE RONAN AVATARS PLS!

Sure thing. In a week. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
btw just started playing some shovel knight and damn this game is awesome

i hope it doesn't get too hard for my skin but so far i'm overjoyed with it

def sim

pYKtL9O.png

I'm crossing my fingers, but I am prepared for disappointment and shame.

I would stick with the version you already have and wait on the Wolfenstein purchase until you get around to building a new PC. You can also just buy it now and support the game, if you'd like. ;)

Ibuki

Banned
If you can run Rage, you can run Wolf14. You'll need to dial down the settings a bit, though.

I'm so stupid for not thinking about that. I don't mind if I have to turn down the settings. I feel like a new man! Not really but I'm happy I have a shot at running this. :p

Thanks everyone else for the answers. I almost want to get it now (even if it runs like shit) because I'm going to want to play it on my new rig later and I don't plan to get it for 18 bucks any time soon.

dani_dc

Being able to swap Wallet funds will be very useful, I would had gotten a few more games in the sale if I had that ability.

Hope it was nothing serious. I can't imagine a world without coffee... :/

Gave me a scare to be honest, felt as if I was on the verge of the heart attack for some 8 hours (only the first 4-6 hours were related to caffeine, after that it was all anxiety, or so the doctor told me), thankfully it was nothing that time, medical drugs and sleep didn't solve.

In any event, I'll be staying away from coffee unless absolutely needed, and even then I'll keep it at a minimum, at least for the time being.

I believe this is the case. The game is more fun with at least two players.

I'll give it a try when I have the chance, for now I think I'll jump to some other of my summer sales games. Though generally most games are more fun with two players.

My main curiosity is how well the game uses the cooperative elements, a lot of this games (such as NSMB series) just tend to throw co-op in the game but don't really take that in account with the level design.

Toki767

Nothing overly difficult. The game is very fair where there aren't any cheap deaths.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Shovel Knight looks so good. ;_; I'd get it in a heartbeat if it wasn't 15 dollars. Plus, I wouldn't be able to choose between the 3DS version and the Steam version. Both seem to have their benefits.

JaseC

I'm so stupid for not thinking about that. I don't mind if I have to turn down the settings. I feel like a new man! Not really but I'm happy I have a shot at running this. :p

You should be fine with:

- "High" texture quality
- 4k shadows
- No screen-space reflections

The above is what I use. On the GPU side I have two 670s, however id Tech 5 doesn't support SLI at all so they're as good as one.

Ibuki

Banned
Welp, I waited too long and now the price just jumped up 10 bucks on amazon. At least I don't have to worry about wether or not I can run it. :(

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
god amongst men. welcome
Hi! I'm glad you decided to join us in the regular Steam threads. :)

And thanks again for DR3! So pumped!
But not exactly a stranger either... :p Post more!

I can't thank you enough, man.
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay and if you ever need anything or have any Steam related questions there's plenty of people to help you out. ;)
Hey nbnt. The Santa Gaben of the Salethread ;)

Hope you feel comfortable with all of us here.
Oh you guys <3

Thank YOU for your kindness and warm welcome. But please don't call me "god" or "santa" :p I'm not a better "giver" than anyone in the steam threads, you're all amazing each one of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom