• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the droprate for booster packs for level >20? I spent most of the sale idling cards and just hit 20 as the sale ended.

derExperte

All right guys I need some help here. After the whole Heartbleed fiasco I changed my Steam password. Problem is Keepass crashed and didn't save my new randomized password. I can't change my password without the old one and I can't make a support ticket without signing in. On the support page there's the option to retrieve a lost password via account name/email but I'm getting the "We could not find an account with that username or email address" which is obviously an error. Is there any other way I can contact Steam support?

Support accounts are separate from the normal Steam accounts. Create one.

Salsa

I see it now on steamtrades, tons of RU copies.

something something snooze something lose.

my copy is still listed RU, just no restrictions

plenty of games are listed according to region but do nothing (see: the Remember Me (RU) I own)

region lock was applied after the fact so the restrictions dont work if you already activated it but the listing was always the same

that said: there's probably plenty of people on steamtrades or tf2outpost that have no trouble selling region locked copies without saying a thing, doesnt affect em

Ambition

he said GTA 5. and probably not.

Oh sorry dind't catch that, in that case I don't think so. Sorry :(
i67EvoYqoD3Uk.png
Holy shit thanks MMBosstones, i've been wanting this since forever!
Bring on the feels.

What is the droprate for booster packs for level >20? I spent most of the sale idling cards and just hit 20 as the sale ended.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)

derExperte

my copy is still listed RU, just no restrictions

plenty of games are listed according to region but do nothing (see: the Remember Me (RU) I own)

region lock was applied after the fact so the restrictions dont work if you already activated it but the listing was always the same

that said: there's plenty of people on steamtrades or tf2outpost that have no trouble selling region locked copies without saying a thing, doesnt affect em

The problem is cross-region gifting. That's now blocked.

Mono

Etc.

Tizoc

seeing as Testament is already on GMG, any chance the upcoming Sherlock Holmes game will be on GMG too? I can get it practically for free if I save up a few more credit hehe.

Turfster

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

+60% of 0.000000001% is still nothing.
Just saying.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Reposting for the new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-EA00982FCCF14222 - Taken by Onionkid. 5 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-38BEE4D624012517 - Taken by soapypanda. 10 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-28F13D6A1A3F323F - Taken by L.O.R.D. 7 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-2FFFF72D3975E5F7 - Taken by InvisibleStride. 2 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-EE21CA7311793BA3 - Taken by Unicorn. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-5354B064D36D1327 - Taken by Thatoneguy64. 7 entrants total.

t1404182326z1.png

Anyone have any experience with booster drops level >20? I'd be lucky to get one per month @ level 15.

EDIT: I managed to get two during the sale.

MRORANGE

All right guys I need some help here. After the whole Heartbleed fiasco I changed my Steam password. Problem is Keepass crashed and didn't save my new randomized password. I can't change my password without the old one and I can't make a support ticket without signing in. On the support page there's the option to retrieve a lost password via account name/email but I'm getting the "We could not find an account with that username or email address" which is obviously an error. Is there any other way I can contact Steam support?

Support accounts are separate from the normal Steam accounts. Create one.

This.

Also it helps if you have any retail keys for steam games to show as proof in the worst case scenario.

Ibuki

Banned
If I used amazon credit I can get Wolfenstein for like 17.99 out of pocket.... but I already have the game on Xbox One. WHAT DO STEAMGAF? :'(

Parsnip

Lovely new thread. I'm surprised how many posts I have in the all-time hall of shame list, considering I haven't been around all that long.

SteamGAF's the best GAF.

If I used amazon credit I can get Wolfenstein for like 17.99 out of pocket.... but I already have the game on Xbox One. WHAT DO STEAMGAF? :'(
Unless the developers are incompetent and broke the PC version, PC version is always the best version.

Mono

Isn't the point of Steam to rebuy games you already own on other systems?!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every iOS update i hope it fixed the busted wifi on 4S

every iOS update I cry

Strider

Checking in. Steam summer sale was the first steamgaf thread ever posted in. Think I'm gonna stick around. You guys are decent I guess ;)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've been level 30+ since the previous sale, and I've gotten maybe 2 packs a month.
During the sale, when everyone and their dog was crafting, I got none.
Make of that what you will.

I'll take two packs a month over two packs over the course of nearly two years anytime :p

Jeremy

Probably will be frequenting this thread thanks to the summer sale threads. I had a very good time and it seems to be all the same people.

GaussTek

Normal thread again, yay!

Now back to check only ~two/three pages per hour instead of ten lol. But it was pretty fun :p

Love you SteamGaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom