• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

All right guys I need some help here. After the whole Heartbleed fiasco I changed my Steam password. Problem is Keepass crashed and didn't save my new randomized password. I can't change my password without the old one and I can't make a support ticket without signing in. On the support page there's the option to retrieve a lost password via account name/email but I'm getting the "We could not find an account with that username or email address" which is obviously an error. Is there any other way I can contact Steam support?

Not an answer to your question, but maybe in the future you'd be better off using something like Mnemosyne. It's a password generator that uses two inputs-- a pass phrase and a name (like "steam" or "paypal")-- so all you need to remember is your pass phrase and you can re-create any password. Complex passwords are a liability if you can't remember them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on my third expresso and its not even 2am yet. its gonna be one of dem nights

giphy.gif

Not the graphical improvement I was hoping for but at the game still exists, has there been any big news lately that I might have missed?

Yeah, this series isn't graphically strong, but the sequel looks much better than the original did. I posted a link to the dev blog in an earlier post, their latest post was on May 7th.

Oh and Linux and Mac Beta for Mount & Blade hit Steam last weekend!
https://twitter.com/IndieDB/status/482978250885722113/photo/1

Now I don't have to bootcamp into Windows7 to play it! There goes my productivity...

Seagoon

Is there an easy way to sum up my unclaimed keys from the various bundle sites? I feel like I should be paying some of my spare keys forward to this thread, but it is such a hassle to trawl through each site individually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice OP. A little more than one-third of all my posts on GAF have been in Steam threads. That's... more than I would have guessed. ;)

Reposting since I just found this right before the last thread ended.

They are actively working on adding Steam Wallet trading.

This dialog is now partially working, where this morning it was not working at all.

5% is more than I was hoping for but not a shock. The feature will make it a little easier for those new to trading to get their toes wet, but I think I'll be sticking with PayPal.

Just picked up for a new season by Yahoo!

I remember reading about the deadline last week and was wondering if the show found a home. Good stuff.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Delicious new thread smell. I do miss the deals though.

dani_dc

So far I've finished BattleBlock Teather and Shovel Knight.

Battleblocks was enjoyable but I was somewhat disappointed for a game that was so long in the making, at least regarding the single player section (which is all I played), the lack of general variety in the environment made the levels feel very "samey", and the game didn't introduce enough mechanics for it's length, with some of the later mechanics (such as a bird) being somewhat uninteresting. The game also gets a bit too hard towards the end, and some sections (mostly ones based in timing with enemies in it) felt very luck based, enemies and precision platforming don't mix well together.

Overall I did have a good time with it, but I'm not sure I would had finished it anytime soon if not for playing it while watching the World Cup.
This is all for single player, I'll need to give a chance to multiplayer at some point in the future, since I'm under the impression that was the focus of the game.

Regarding Shovel Knight, lots of impressions of those to go around I imagine, so I'll just note that I enjoyed the game, I was disappointed that the relics weren't used for the level design, they could had been used to add some variety to the levels themselves, but overall each level had it's own gimmick which manage to keep things fresh. I'll probably give a look to NG+.

The current price might be a bit too much for it, but for the $10 I paid (as opposed to 15 euros it costs on the store) I think it was worth the price.

on my third expresso and its not even 2am yet. its gonna be one of dem nights

giphy.gif

I'm done with coffee for the moment, had a really bad episode a few weeks ago because of coffee + lack of sleep.

Link Man

Banned
Wow, 8 pages already? You guys move fast!

So is this thread a good place to post impressions on games we're playing on Steam?

Pachimari

I already started playing games. As I'm in the mood, I have decided to play through the Call of Duty campaigns, at least starting with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

The_Monk

I'm done with coffee for the moment, had a really bad episode a few weeks ago because of coffee + lack of sleep.

Hope it was nothing serious. I can't imagine a world without coffee... :/

I already started playing games. As I'm in the mood, I have decided to play through the Call of Duty campaigns, at least starting with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I think the physical copies redeem on Steam now? I think I remember someone mentioning it. I should search for a physical copy if true.

Dambrosi

Banned
Sorry to ask in this thread, but does anyone still have any cheap Astebreed gifts they can sell me? My money finally came through. PayPal or keys is OK.

Man, the shooting in RE Revelations is so unsatisfying. That this same company made RE4 is just not possible. It almost feels like one of those mobile touch games where they then ported it to a standard controller and everything feels squishy and wrong.

I'm going to see this through, but it doesn't exactly instill much confidence for RE6.

Jawmuncher

Man, the shooting in RE Revelations is so unsatisfying. That this same company made RE4 is just not possible. It almost feels like one of those mobile touch games where they then ported it to a standard controller and everything feels squish and wrong.

I'm going to see this through, but it doesn't exactly instill much confidence for RE6.

The shooting is good in RE6. A lot of revs issues come from it being a 3DS game first aiming included its a bit off in all the versions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
5% is more than I was hoping for but not a shock. The feature will make it a little easier for those new to trading to get their toes wet, but I think I'll be sticking with PayPal.

I suppose it's worth pointing out that the 5% is just what's in the code at this time. Since the feature isn't live yet, it's subject to change. But you're right, it'll probably be cheaper to stick with swapping funds via Paypal.

But the good news is that you'll be able to put that card idling money to work easier.

Ibuki

Banned
Apparently my card doesn't meet the minimum for Wolfenstein. This is a stupid question but I probably won't be able to run it at all? I meet all the other minimums, just not sure if my shit is too outdated.

Man, the shooting in RE Revelations is so unsatisfying. That this same company made RE4 is just not possible. It almost feels like one of those mobile touch games where they then ported it to a standard controller and everything feels squish and wrong.

Well it was designed for the 3DS with it's slider. I'm surprised to hear they couldn't convert it to proper controls well.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Hello, everyone. I'm relatively new to the monthly threads, so.. Hi!

SEGIII

Neo Member
So far I've finished BattleBlock Teather and Shovel Knight...

I'll need to give a chance to multiplayer at some point in the future, since I'm under the impression that was the focus of the game.

I believe this is the case. The game is more fun with at least two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom