• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Cally's Caves 3 is legit fun. It's simple, in both gameplay and presentation but there is something addicting in going through the levels to blast enemies, get money and level weapons.
It's was also kinda easy to break it somewhat once I got to the second boss. I repeated that level a lot to level up my weapons given the mechanic of the slimes made it rather painless to keep killing the minions.
92094CD8F35F54B0285A3459A95995B943714827

In reality she's Penny, Gadget's niece.
I completed normal mode and 2 of the side modes and I'm now working on the new game plus mode, which will leave survival once I'll be done with that, though I have some doubt I'll play survival.

That new DLC for Not a Hero is pretty decent.

Still kind of annoyed that they took away the Soundtrack from the Global Megalord Edition (apparently only on Steam?). This is a decent way of giving something back, but I'd rather have the soundtrack.

Speevy

Banned
Kero Blaster is freaking awesome.

I don't know what it is with this dev. team, but they've channeled an alternate timeline NES.

omg Way of the Samurai 4 is amazing. It's like an old kung-fu movie in video game form and it is glorious. The animations and cutscenes are like stuff straight out of movies, leagues ahead from what I was expecting.

Clunky controls, but with how many buttons it needs I'm not gonna blame it for that.

yuraya

Wow indeed.

This is exactly what I need. I feel like I still haven't played some of the RPGs in my library.

Edit: Apparently, Assassin's Creed, Dead Island, Dishonored, Tomb Raider and GTA V is RPG.

Why not? They are a type of role-playing game.

The point is that you play out your part.

Phinor

So Day of the Tentacle hits the App Store at $5 and it hasn't reached that point on Steam yet. Lame.

Well it's finally on a sale at Humble, just in time to use the 33% off coupon from a previous Humble Bundle..

..or not. Humble has now blocked using coupons on games they are supposed to work with if the game is on sale. Basically the coupons are now almost worthless because they have similar/identical/in many cases worse discounts that the games will get anyway while the coupon is active.

ExoSoul

Banned
That new DLC for Not a Hero is pretty decent.

Still kind of annoyed that they took away the Soundtrack from the Global Megalord Edition (apparently only on Steam?). This is a decent way of giving something back, but I'd rather have the soundtrack.

Fuck me should have backed that up sooner...

I usually ignore these kind of giveaways, but I was curious to see what kind of actions you needed to do to get a free game

K9SQnfj.png

This kinda looks like a botnet. Why do I even want to follow these twitter users?

Considering they're the 'developer' who has had a lot of trouble with Jim Sterling i don't think it's worth it anyway, even if you had to do nothing to get it.

so to get fallout 4 working at 60fps i had to
- force adaptive sync in the control panel
- change a line in an ini
- disable 2 mods that weren't working together
- install 3 mods to improve performance
- turn down godrays
- change my resolution down to 60hz, as 75hz locks fo4 at 38hz
so fun

Sarcasm

so to get fallout 4 working at 60fps i had to
- force adaptive sync in the control panel
- change a line in an ini
- disable 2 mods that weren't working together
- install 3 mods to improve performance
- turn down godrays
- change my resolution down to 60hz, as 75hz locks fo4 at 38hz
so fun

Which I never had to do any of this and I get 60fps heh. Though I have no mods what so ever.

My system is old too.

:)

Ozium

Everytime I walk around my neighborhood to play Pokemon Go I see other people playing it too..

even just now at 3am, I was driving back from white castle and thought I'd hit up a poke stop and there were 2 dudes near the gym at the corner with their phones out

wtf is happening

Seems as though Digital Homicides latest business idea is to leverage their ability to get any old crap greenlit and turn that into Amazon referrals!

You'd think this would have been the first thing steam did with tags, but nope! Gabe needs to get a couple of devs to take off the VR goggles for a few minutes and remind them steam still exists.

Wok

It's pretty trivial to do these giveaways and then untweet/unfollow using this Tampermonkey extension
https://github.com/Citrinate/gleamHelper

Even though, it is trivial, it is pretty much a waste of time. One thing Steam taught me is that life is too short to play my huge backlog, so a game is either a good game that I have time to play, or an instant +1 for my backlog, but I don't want to "perform actions" to get a +1.

You'd think this would have been the first thing steam did with tags, but nope! Gabe needs to get a couple of devs to take off the VR goggles for a few minutes and remind them steam still exists.

I wish the Steam store had this feature. The search based on tag is a complete mess, with recent games being ignored for no reason.

Deques

Even though, it is trivial, it is pretty much a waste of time. One thing Steam taught me is that life is too short to play my huge backlog, so a game is either a good game that I have time to play, or an instant +1 for my backlog, but I don't want to "perform actions" to get a +1.

Totally agreeing this. All those freebie junks are not worth at all even if it's trivial to do the actions with a script. Why would I even want a game that's crap and not worth playing? Especially games made by Digital Homicide?

Hektor

Totally agreeing this. All those freebie junks are not worth at all even if it's trivial to do the actions with a script. Why would I even want a game that's crap and not worth playing? Especially games made by Digital Homicide?

They're iconic

Just beat Firewatch,

Pretty great, even though you feel that there were potential for much more in this.
Don't know why a lot of people seem to not like the ending, I thought it was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom