• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Oh im sure its viable. I meant more that the streams with a co-op partner made it look like that added something really tangible to the game and it would just be a lot more fun to play that way.

That is like..every game with MP to be honest lol. Yes it is a grey area though =p

Xater

there's a max payne 3 mod for max payne 2 :0

12150_20160712212644_w2j3c.jpg

Why would anyone do this?

Max Payne 2 aged like fine wine. The textures are top notch and the gameplay is still pretty damn good. From hit reaction, to physics, to movement, to level design. Plus, you can actually skip the cutscenes, unlike Max Payne 3.

Easily one of the GOATs in my book.

Anteater

Why would anyone do this?

better modeling is the only thing i could think of lol (as in more polygons), the rest of the changes are bad, but it's cool they can do this

man i need sam lake's face back :( there isn't a link for that classic max payne mod

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diancecht, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diancecht, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Fallout 4 -- MB-3F3B89362E94D350 - Taken by Berto. 107 entrants total.

t1468374456z1.png

abracadaver

Don't you have to deal with it anyway, if you buy the Steam version? Or was Rockstar sane enough to not go for "Client-Sandwich à la Ubisoft".

I have the Steam version and I have never seen the Rockstar Social Club. There is a small popup in the corner for 2 seconds when you launch the game and that's it.

Xater

Oh I didn't mention it, but I got Strife: Veteran Edition. Back then I didn't really know about the game and in 96 it was all about Duke 3D and Quake depending on your hardware. Strife is actually quite interesting. Really ambitious, especially considering it running on Doom tech. I am enjoying it.

Knurek

oh shucks, Umineko sold close to nothing
something like 2K, and with such small numbers steamspy isn't accurate so we don't even know how little it sold.

Incomplete for now.
Mediocre translation quality.
No voice patch.
Two versions of character sprites, both crappy, no option for superior PS3 artwork.
Was available for 'free' for the last few years.

I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting. 100k sales?

Adnor

Banned
I remember having some problems trying to play Max Payne 1 on W7. I should look at the wiki to see if there's some patches I should install.

EDIT: Also I didn't even notice my nickname is Ronda backwards lol.

Parsnip

Incomplete for now.
Mediocre translation quality.
No voice patch.
Two versions of character sprites, both crappy, no option for superior PS3 artwork.
Was available for 'free' for the last few years.

I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting. 100k sales?

Just like every other niche title.

derExperte

Max Payne 2 is 5hrs short and easy (the main complaints around release), there's literally no excuse. 1 is great too but more difficult and harder to get into.

Max Payne 2 is 5hrs short and easy (the main complaints around release), there's literally no excuse. 1 is great too but more difficult and harder to get into.

1 has the best final encounter of any of the MP games though. Surprisingly reserved and reasonable compared to the others

Xater

The firs tone wasn't very long either. Playing Max Payne 2 on a higher difficulty is something I'd recommend though.

Monooboe

Whoa! Logged into my Twitter for that Lead & Gold thing and had a bunch of new followers but all of them were near naked lady bots.XD Never seen anything like that.

Thank you very much Sarcasm with helping me set up Modbot.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-30895E35940937FB - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1468343848z1.png

Please note this is JUST Enemy Unknown, not the DLC.

Xater

I wonder how Necropolis is going to run on my shitty iMac. I guess it should still look pretty good even if I have to disable a couple of graphical feature, considering the art style.

Whoa! Logged into my Twitter for that Lead & Gold thing and had a bunch of new followers but all of them were near naked lady bots.XD Never seen anything like that.

I have not had a naked one in a while. Still see tons of bots spamming me should I mention any popular product. Usually the obvious one with a pretty girl picture and no profile at all.

derFeef

I have not had a naked one in a while. Still see tons of bots spamming me should I mention any popular product. Usually the obvious one with a pretty girl picture and no profile at all.

Things I posted that might bite me in the ass eventually.

Roarer

Some very nice giveaways going on. Shame I own both Fallout 4 and XCOM.

Speaking of, I have gift copies of Portal 2 and Half-Life 2 in my inventory since forever. I figure everyone owns these by now, but maybe I should let Modbot have them anyway?

Messiah

omg Way of the Samurai 4 is amazing. It's like an old kung-fu movie in video game form and it is glorious. The animations and cutscenes are like stuff straight out of movies, leagues ahead from what I was expecting.

Clunky controls, but with how many buttons it needs I'm not gonna blame it for that.

It really is a unique and great game. Really happy I gave it a shot after this thread hyped it up so much for its release.

In other news UNIEL releases today and I am really looking forward to that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Starfall Tactics Alpha -- MB-D792ED37860D3717 - Taken by Sarcasm

Roarer

Err, a weird thing just happened. I was using Idle Master (just recently found out about it) and it is currently grinding away on Team Fortress 2. I've had TF2 in my library since getting the Orange Box back in 2007, but I've never once played it (no interest).

All of a sudden I have a bunch of TF2 items (not cards) in my inventory, some of them going for ~€5 on the market. I read up on them on the official Wiki and some are granted as pre-order bonuses for other games. Bill's Hat for example, is a preorder for Left 4 Dead 2... a game I bought at a Steam sale a few years ago. From what I can tell, I'm not actually entitled to all of these items.

Will I get VAC banned? Will I get terrorized by Russian hat barons? And how can there be thousands of TF2 items going for >€5 every single day?!

Mivey

Is there a way to fix those white lines in Max Payne 1? I'm using the ThirteenAG's fix for widescreen.
Is it caused by the mod? It's seems like some bug with the shading, it seems to outline the geometry, the polygons, basically.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Err, a weird thing just happened. I was using Idle Master (just recently found out about it) and it is currently grinding away on Team Fortress 2. I've had TF2 in my library since getting the Orange Box back in 2007, but I've never once played it (no interest).

All of a sudden I have a bunch of TF2 items (not cards) in my inventory, some of them going for ~€5 on the market. I read up on them on the official Wiki and some are granted as pre-order bonuses for other games. Bill's Hat for example, is a preorder for Left 4 Dead 2... a game I bought at a Steam sale a few years ago. From what I can tell, I'm not actually entitled to all of these items.

Will I get VAC banned? Will I get terrorized by Russian hat barons? And how can there be thousands of TF2 items going for >€5 every single day?!

This is normal. TF2 "launching" for the first time after making these pre-orders will give you the items - a lot of people use programs like Idle Master or SAM to fake-launch the game in order to get their items without having to download the whole game.

Congrats on your new-found Steam wealth.

now how do I cancel the audible subscription

Just tried, didn't work. New customers only, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom