• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Just beat Firewatch,

Pretty great, even though you feel that there were potential for much more in this.
Don't know why a lot of people seem to not like the ending, I thought it was perfect.

The problem with the game is that it starts amazingly well (Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4) and then starts to skip days, and before you know it, it is Day 443919 and you have been forced to miss all the days during which the relationship is being built between the girl and you. In terms of character building, the game shows you a good meal and then skips to the instant after you have eaten it. This plus the scenario flaws of course.

Edit: The introduction also feels a bit rushed (before Day 1) since you are presented with 3 lines of text to describe what the main protagonist had to go through in his life.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shay's side is way better.

Yeah I finished the first act now, and his side had the better puzzles and plot. Started act 2 now. The only time I had to look at a guide so far was to
give the peach to the guides. I completely missed you could pick one up, so I had no idea what they were looking for.

Just beat Firewatch,

Pretty great, even though you feel that there were potential for much more in this.
Don't know why a lot of people seem to not like the ending, I thought it was perfect.

I think people still expect/want grandiose or big endings, even for a game like Firewatch. Stuff needs to happen. I felt like the ending was perfect for the type of experience Firewatch was.

derFeef

GTAV for 26€ on the Amazon prime day deal. Sadly not a Steam key. Any negative/positive thoughts on the Rockstar client?

Deques

GTAV for 23€ on the Amazon prime day deal. Sadly not a Steam key. Any negative/positive thoughts on the Rockstar client?

Even the Steam version has the R* Social club.

I have problem with it when I played Max Payne 3. Sometimes it wouldn't let me play the game at all. Dunno how it is in GTAV

Anteater

ooo didn't know you can control Mona in max payne 2

this game looks fucking dope

12150_20160712183654_c7jzz.jpg

Lain

Everytime I walk around my neighborhood to play Pokemon Go I see other people playing it too..

even just now at 3am, I was driving back from white castle and thought I'd hit up a poke stop and there were 2 dudes near the gym at the corner with their phones out

wtf is happening

Augmented Reality > Virtual Reality.

Give me the Dennou Coil glasses already!

GTAV for 26€ on the Amazon prime day deal. Sadly not a Steam key. Any negative/positive thoughts on the Rockstar client?

It's shit.

Have had several problems with updates, one that was only solveable by running a separate installer for the client even though I already had it.

Mivey

It's shit.

Have had several problems with updates, one that was only solveable by running a separate installer for the client even though I already had it.
Don't you have to deal with it anyway, if you buy the Steam version? Or was Rockstar sane enough to not go for "Client-Sandwich à la Ubisoft".

Sarcasm

So I do not know why but I can not use my bank card injunction with steam wallet funds.

Before I was able to use both but now it gets rejected. Then I proceed to use the card by itself and the transaction goes through.

Arthea

oh shucks, Umineko sold close to nothing
something like 2K, and with such small numbers steamspy isn't accurate so we don't even know how little it sold.

Yes!

I usually ignore these kind of giveaways, but I was curious to see what kind of actions you needed to do to get a free game

K9SQnfj.png

This kinda looks like a botnet. Why do I even want to follow these twitter users?

More followers, higher placement in twitter feeds, the ability to spam increased. Thats my guess. I've stopped getting these free digital homicide games.

ooo didn't know you can control Mona in max payne 2

this game looks fucking dope

12150_20160712183654_c7jzz.jpg

The texture work was amazing for a 2004 title.

Arthea

other sales numbers:
Doom is getting close to 1mln - 876,698 ± 23,892, that early 40% discount did pay, or so it would seem
Megadimension Neptunia VII - 18,293 ± 3,455
that's not too hot for a mainline Nep, but it was rather expensive.
The Room Two not even at 10K yet, a pity really, a good game for a good price.
Inside is on fire with 70K already sold
Lego TFA - 43,254 ± 5,313
no wonder it climb into bestseller list

Arthea

surely there's something good in today's "weklong deals"

actually there is:
Gas Guzzlers Extreme with 80% discount
The Daedalic Armageddon Bundle with whooping 90% discount

there are probably more I'm forgetting

I wonder if we are going to get a new humble bundle today.

Maybe not an indie bundle, as the refund period for the summer sale hasn't ended yet.

we should be getting one, seeing as the last one is ending today
KT HB!

Deques

I wonder if we are going to get a new humble bundle today.

Maybe not an indie bundle, as the refund period for the summer sale hasn't ended yet.

If there is no new Humble today then there haven't been any new bundle from Humble in two weeks!

More followers, higher placement in twitter feeds, the ability to spam increased. Thats my guess. I've stopped getting these free digital homicide games.

I don't understand social media :/

So I can't seem to get things going with Steam inventory and modbot, so I guess if anyone wants XCom Enemy Unknown or Amnesia the Dark Descent, just PM me with your steam ID and I'll send it to you through there. Unless Steam did some weird restriction on trading between users that I don't know about, outside of the Steam Guard settings.

I'll update this post with when things are taken.

Edit: FreshVeggie will get Amnesia. XCOM is now a Modbot raffle.

^^ Dope. Thanks o/
Have this one lying around.
That message made me check if Modbot mistook a classic Fallout for the new one, haha.
Dang, it wasn't though! Thanks.
I had some extra money for once so I bought a GTX 1070. Going up from a R9 270. It will be quite a jump.

It hurts though, I never paid that much for a card. Usually it's like the mainstream cards. At least it will last me a good while.

Haven't been playing much just Blazblue.
Congrats leafy.
- change my resolution down to 60hz, as 75hz locks fo4 at 38hz
I only play my games at a resolution of 60Hz
Pleb confirmed
:p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New humble today? Hopefully its good, humbles have been good lately

Anno

Nice to see Necropolis going strong there at the top of the charts. The game looks promising, though maybe reliant on co-op to really have the best time. Maybe GAF can pull together some parties to play.

r3n4ud

Nice to see Necropolis going strong there at the top of the charts. The game looks promising, though maybe reliant on co-op to really have the best time. Maybe GAF can pull together some parties to play.
Buuuuut, I only party in the nude. If that's okay, I'm game!

Sarcasm

Watched streams of people soloing. It is viable to solo.

Anno

Watched streams of people soloing. It is viable to solo.

Oh im sure its viable. I meant more that the streams with a co-op partner made it look like that added something really tangible to the game and it would just be a lot more fun to play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom