• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-4725DFD9451FD970 - Taken by Nemaides. 7 entrants total.

t1468365374z1.png

Catshade

As someone who isn't a multiplayer guy, the new humble bundle is pretty underwhelming. I hope next week's humble bundle can make up for it.

xist

As someone who isn't a multiplayer guy, the new humble bundle is pretty underwhelming. I hope next week's humble bundle can make up for it.

I feel exactly the same way...Spelunky is the only thing I'm slightly interested in. Multiplayer gaming isn't for me....

illusionary

I feel exactly the same way...Spelunky is the only thing I'm slightly interested in. Multiplayer gaming isn't for me....

Yeah, same here too. Spelunky's tempting, but I have the game on PS4 so can't convince myself to pick up the bundle at the moment just for that.

Jawmuncher

I didn't even realize the sale was over. Have currently been away from my PC. Just don't want to play anything until I get a new card. Hoping I can get a 1060

Adnor

Banned
Max Payne 1 movement is so much better than the one in 3. I hate when they add so much priority to animations instead of responsive movement.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Real Texas -- MB-13CBEF001498BE07 - Taken by Madridista. 9 entrants total.

t1468360998z1.png

Also have a key for The Real Texas - Part 2, Part 1 - Cellpop Goes Out At Night DLC that I'll PM to the winner.

It's basically a satire of visual novels so probably not.

On Steam I'd go for Danganronpa series probably.

If you have nintendo handhelds go for Phoenix Wright games.
^
This, been playing dangonronoa recently as my first visual novel game and it's been pretty great.

Although it is pretty long.

Doomedfool

Same here, and since GOG was nice enough to give me a free copy of Spelunky during their last big sale, I'm covered there.

Haunted

Hmm sounds like Necropolis didn't quite turn out well. I had my reservations based in a couple of things but was still hopeful. Oh well...
I don't hate it.

It could use more enemy variety and less janky combat, though. Respawning enemies are annoying. It's too easy to kite enemies and make one big AoE attack to clear whole rooms.

It's no Ziggurat.

Umineko says hi.
I always kept hearing that a lot of visual novels are between 20-40 hours long, but never believed it.
I thought people were talking about doing everything, seeing every ending and all that.

But yeah even though I spent some time wandering the school in the beginning, until I realized that there was no point in it over just teleporting on the map, I would still say that it takes about 20 hours to finish Danganronpa. Never expected that, the length of the trials definitely surprised me.

AHA-Lambda

If I'm looking to complete my first Visual Novel, is Hatoful Boyfriend a good place to start?

Speaking personally, my first VNs were Danganronpa and Higurashi.

I recommend both but certainly Danganronpa.
All I'd say about Higurashi is it starts off very slow =/

Nordicus

Necropolis looks really interesting, a coop Roguelike with Dark Souls combat? Surprised there isn't more talk about it.
It's because it's... merely okay at the moment.

The way how it kinda stretches its content pretty thin and the combat feels good until you actually hit a button to swing your weapon, at this point I can only recommend it as a co-op experience once it gets a good price cut. That aspect of it is actually a blast, but a solo roguelike/Souls experience, yaaaaah no

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery -- MB-0E7C3527BEB77852 - Taken by Kagemusha. 13 entrants total.
Keep digging and you might find gold.

t1468373143z1.png

Endruen

I always kept hearing that a lot of visual novels are between 20-40 hours long, but never believed it.
I thought people were talking about doing everything, seeing every ending and all that.

But yeah even though I spent some time wandering the school in the beginning, until I realized that there was no point in it over just teleporting on the map, I would still say that it takes about 20 hours to finish Danganronpa. Never expected that, the length of the trials definitely surprised me.

Umineko is a kinetic visual novel, which means there aren't any decisions nor gameplay, you just read it like a book but with visuals, music, voices and sfx. It has 8 chapters, each one can take 10 to 15 hours depending on your reading speed. Do the math yourself. It's a great VN, btw.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Recommendations for a good wireless mouse to play games with? I don't need 20 buttons nor anything set up for a MMO mind you.

oipic

Recommendations for a good wireless mouse to play games with? I don't need 20 buttons nor anything set up for a MMO mind you.

SteelSeries Sensei Wireless is the one I've been coveting myself for a long time now - not cheap, though.

Umineko is a kinetic visual novel, which means there aren't any decisions nor gameplay, you just read it like a book but with visuals, music, voices and sfx. It has 8 chapters, each one can take 10 to 15 hours depending on your reading speed. Do the math yourself. It's a great VN, btw.
Damn, that's a lot of hours, will put it on my wishlist and check it out after I'm done with Danganronpa 2

Lain

Greenlight game Long Gone Days crowdfunding campaign is up on IndieGoGo.
Looks like they made 20% of their goal in a day.

NOW on Indiegogo - Almost 25% FUNDED!
Vl51Y6u.gif

Long Gone Days is now on Indiegogo

You can support the development at: http://www.igg.me/at/longgonedays

In less than a day, we reached 20% of our minimum goal!
We recently made an update about the process of our Pixel Art sprites (the one pictured above), and you can read about the steps in full detail at: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/long-gone-days-a-2d-modern-day-military-rpg/x/14368299#/updates

Aaaand, we also got this lovely article at Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/12/morale-key-factor-combat-military-rpg-long-gone-days/ !

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regginator

I think there's a little bug with Enhanced Steam. I tried to remove some games on my wishlist, but it didn't work. I clicked the link a to remove it a dozen times, but it wouldn't actually follow that command. I disabled ES and tried to remove some games, and it works now.

Thought I'd say here. I'm enabling ES now after having removed everything I wanted to.

derExperte

Heilige Scheiße. Went to confirm some transactions in the Steam app, it now allows you to select multiple and then confirm them all with one touch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Pumped BMX Plus -- MB-57C4D21B79F7A660 - Taken by dot
Six Sides of the World -- MB-E15D5421F19166CC - Taken by PaulSane
Head Shot -- MB-E27538163A414134 - Taken by madjoki
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-F7E05D32F308DEAB - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Jack Keane -- MB-D6BDA3AD4DA4E189 - Taken by dave is ok
Zero Reflex -- MB-EB30BDA9FF1D8EEA - Taken by WinterDemons
There Came an Echo -- MB-54946F6BB1402383 - Taken by Regginator
Capsule Force -- MB-F2A800695C5D5940 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Lovely Weather We're Having -- MB-E94C3C23431B18AE - Taken by bobnowhere
Dub Dash -- MB-EDAD6780EA159645 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Etaria: Survival Adventure -- MB-30B1064365A44363 - Taken by darkchewie
CosmoLands: Space-Adventure -- MB-6AA71E1AF71847B8 - Taken by drakaenae
What's Under Your Blanket -- MB-FC933F5FB5BC95C8 - Taken by Costa1774
On My Own -- MB-48A323A6EB4BD66A - Taken by illusionary
Porcunipine -- MB-6B96AF85BC048E3B - Taken by fuzzy123
Stardust Vanguards -- MB-15EB0A4120143F25 - Taken by gaiadyne
Run Rabbit Run -- MB-6B142E30D0891D3A - Taken by Kifimbo
Amigdala -- MB-8969BB81B1E52145 - Taken by rainking187
The Bug Butcher -- MB-FDA9F63A29BC4A85 - Taken by Kuroyume
StarFringe: Adversus -- MB-75D9A2300DE07918 - Taken by texhnolyze
Chariot -- MB-1B71921732EC3043 - Taken by Zeeman
AdvertCity -- MB-EE09B14318FD3F84 - Taken by ExoSoul
Solarix -- MB-D4364EE24CE58E16 - Taken by ibn Sad
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-6231DF11D73BE354 - Taken by gabbo

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Diancecht, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diancecht, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Fallout 4 -- MB-3F3B89362E94D350 - Taken by Berto. 107 entrants total.

t1468374456z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

The Next Door -- MB-E85E078621AFB24F - Taken by Sendou
After the End: The Harvest -- MB-693A237AFC4D5496 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
DinoRun DX -- MB-C2A0DEAA1116F608 - Taken by derExperte

derExperte

Big Dangerous Golf update

In the first update we added Mouse and Keyboard support and fixed some bugs that were affecting our players.

This new update fixes the biggest issues players have raised with us and will be live very shortly.

Fast Restarts

We've reduced them from 30secs to 2-3 secs and it transforms the game in Single Player, in Co-Op and in Party Golf.

Simplified Control System Option
We've implemented simpler SmashBreaker and Drop controls and we've also added in game prompts for all actions. Note that if you have a previous save game the controls will default to the original, more advanced controls. You can change this in Settings.

More Control on Tee and Putt
Introduced 'Free Aim' on the Tee and in Putt. Aim where you want on every hole, 360 degrees of movement.

New Follow Cams
On the Tee and the Putt and we've also improved Camera Collision with the Ball. (The Follow Cameras can be turned off and on in the Settings Menu). You can also now use Danger Time in the Tee off.

Better Introduction to Game Features
We've brought back an old friend, Ted Stryker, the LA DJ who recorded all our Burnout 3 v/o, to narrate our new Tutorial Video as well as adding per hole loading tips. The tutorial is already on YouTube:

More Destructive Power
New SmashWave feature enables Players to cause even more destruction whilst clearing their path to the Flag.

More Humour
The ESRB upped our rating to Comic Mischief based on 'flatulence sounds being heard in the bathroom level'. We thought that was hilarious so listen out for more comic sounds.

Optimised Frame Rate
We have optimised every Hole and the game runs at a smooth 30fps. Frame Rate counter option on PC.

Hole Updates
We have listened to player feedback and fixed the Holes that people disliked and evened out the difficulty curve.

Steam Specific Features
Support for Steam Controller & Enabled Cloud Save for Steam.

Bug Fixes
including Environment Collision, Translations, Leaderboards and Crashes

Thanks for all your support. We are a 100% Player Supported company. Which means every penny we get from sales of Dangerous Golf go directly to paying salaries and equipment enabling us to keep making games.

Sarcasm

Internet is dead and offline steam works, but how does it keep track of play time and achievements?

My phone Internet is slow, wondering what is best version of dwarf fortress to get? Need direct links if possible please.

I can't even load the main website for it ha

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom