• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Spelunky is a stroke of genius the way it is designed. I'm really not a 2D connoisseur but Spelunky managed to grab me very good and became my 4th most-played game. It's that good.

Yeah I got weirdly into watching three or four people who played and recorded their dailies and did that for weeks or maybe months. After awhile it just seemed like a game I liked to watch but never thought too much about playing, which is hindsight is a bit weird.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spelunky -- MB-855A9FE34C7771D1 - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.
Amigdala -- MB-D615499242BE21FD - Taken by Kuroyume. 10 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-7021C0AF8D201AF9 - Taken by TheAutomator. 2 entrants total.

t1468348058z1.png

stuff

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Totally agree. Did you ever manage to go to Hell? I tried so hard but at furthest reached 4-1 with all prerequisites :(

nope, sadly I kinda suck at it :p

but I still never feeld frustrated or mad when I died, It was 99% of the time my own damn fault

data

ModBot said:
Instructions for data:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (data, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Robot-Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-F9E39F9AB77F31BA - Taken by Benedict. 10 entrants total.

t1468358429z1.png

No thanks pls

edit: what why is it 3 hours. thought it'd be 15 mins

xist

For the last few bundles I've been finding it really hard to work out whether they're good or not....possibly since they did those repeats.

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nidhogg -- MB-44F58B6202E67532 - Taken by TheLight. 12 entrants total.

t1468348765z1.png

Knurek

so you are saying.I shouldn't have bought it and it's not one of the best VNs ever, right?

It's one of the best VNs ever. Best one I've read at least
Even better than Trails in the Sky
You could have waited for parts 5-8 before buying and you should definitely have waited for voice patch before buying.

yuraya

Totally agree. Did you ever manage to go to Hell? I tried so hard but at furthest reached 4-1 with all prerequisites :(

You have to keep practicing and you'll get it. The only real hard part of a hell run is the rng in 4-1 and 4-2. The biggest nightmare fuel getting a dark room and having to navigate those areas with the sceptre.

Lomax

We are actually reaching the point where it's been an unusually long time since the last "traditional" Humble Indie Bundle.

Xater

Hmm sounds like Necropolis didn't quite turn out well. I had my reservations based in a couple of things but was still hopeful. Oh well...

What does the 2nd Encore contain? If they include all the characters did they leave out the trials? That part sounds really useful.

Upgrade to the Skullgirls 2nd Encore, the ultimate version of Skullgirls!

This upgrade adds the following to the base Skullgirls game:

- All DLC characters: Squigly, Big Band, Eliza, Beowulf and Robo-Fortune!
- All DLC charcter colors: Brings all 14 characters up to 25 total character colors!
- Fully Voiced Story Mode: Skullgirls' excellent cast of voice actors bring the story to life like never before!
- Challenges: Win a variety of challenging battles with unique conditions, and even play as Marie!
- Trials: Learn actually-useful combos, from basic bread n' butter to more advanced ones!
- Survival Mode: Endless waves of enemies await - how long can you survive?

Wok

My Spelunky Steam background was given to me by a GAFfer when I beat Spelunky. I still have it.

iyMBlgt.png

Mannerbot, never forget.

Jv7cU0v.png

Gintoki

Damn the new worms game has so many crossovers

Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, Broforce, Saints Row IV, Goat Simulator, The Escapists, Orcs Must Die, Yooka Laylee, Unturned, Payday 2

Teppic

Damn the new worms game has so many crossovers

Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, Broforce, Saints Row IV, Goat Simulator, The Escapists, Orcs Must Die, Yooka Laylee, Unturned, Payday 2
Didn't know they were making a new Worms game. Wishlisted.

Two hours is a lot longer than most people will play a game that they aren't enjoying (and that's the cutoff limit for a refund as well).

Sure, if people actually are that time effective and have played that much, but it seems that most Steam reviews about the game are from people with far less time in the game.

Lomax

Sure, if people actually are that time effective and have played that much, but it seems that most Steam reviews about the game are from people with far less time in the game.

If the systems don't hold up and work in 15-30 minutes you're probably going to know. Especially in a game with permadeath and a lot of repetition, they tend to either grab you hard or not. That said the negative reviews for Necropolis seem to either be about a lack of changeable keybindings (fixable typically) and poor/unfun combat (probably not fixable).

I really just think too many of these Devs don't realize how hard it actually is to balance a game with extreme challenge and permadeath to actually be fun. But I dunno, Harebrained did tremendous things with Shadowrun after release so I'm sure if there's improvements that can be made, they will. But while I backed the Shadowrun kickstarters, with this I'll wait for a sale.

I wrote this during the Sale, and wanted more people to play it. Enjoy.
NEON STRUCT - $5.93 (67% off) - A nice mechanics-first neon-washed stealth game with an 80s influenced synth-pop soundtrack coming from the radios inside the game.

You have a box full of nonlethal gadgets, a light meter, corner leaning, and one of the most satisfying run into silent slides around.
They have guns, security cameras, and ED-209!

There are full level creation tools included and a prequel from the developers built with them. Minor Key Games is a very PC-friendly developer with FOV controls, head bob, Abberation on-off, quick save/load buttons.

It7awRg.jpg

Trailer, seriously check it. Heavy M83 vibes.

And if I haven't got you yet, the first door
code is 0451

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Neon Struct Deluxe -- MB-D09B5454DDBC5F2D - Taken by Phinor. 27 entrants total.

t1468362155z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
prison architecht seems super overwhelming. they wont stop sending me prisoners and Im trying to make a fucking caffeteria here I cant make more cells and now I need a place for the guards to rest and omg more prisoners please stop game

prison architecht seems super overwhelming. they wont stop sending me prisoners and Im trying to make a fucking caffeteria here I cant make more cells and now I need a place for the guards to rest and omg more prisoners please stop game

Isn't there an option to stop the flow of new prisoners?

Xater

Can people already know that? How long has it been out? 2h? 3h?

I looked at actual reviews.

You should play the story which also acts as a tutorial.

Vlad

Damn, call me contrary, but I ended up really disliking Spelunk in the end. The design of the fourth world really put me off. Too many times I'd get stuck having to go through a corridor with mummies and be out of bombs, which is guaranteed damage.

Pachimari

Is Civ IV still free on Amazon.de using the promo code: GRATISSPIEL ? Just need to know before coming up with a German address and all that.

kevin1025

Banned
Nidhogg and Spelunky from the Humble Bundle!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nidhogg -- MB-4CB0EAFE0C3FAD61 - Taken by derExperte. 6 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-A6A8872465B9B6DC - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.

t1468354253z1.png

venomenon

Is Civ IV still free on Amazon.de using the promo code: GRATISSPIEL ? Just need to know before coming up with a German address and all that.
The product page says the Prime Day offer is not available anymore and in recent comments people complain about being charged because the code apparently expired, so probably not.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-7DBA259EA7FBBCF8 - Taken by Sammichu - Taken by drakaenae. 10 entrants total.

t1468355241z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom