• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-6B3C337F9511DA72 - Taken by Phawx. 9 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-653187C55719575E
ARK: Survival Evolved -- MB-6D6BCE1959687BEA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-FA004C2877E29B71 - Taken by Kiru. 23 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-C6E22CE7220BFDA9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-F7C69504204F0377 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 29 entrants total.
Titan Soulss -- MB-774358D01D98B3CA - Taken by Alien8. 13 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-E4138F476B55BA67 - Taken by Sch1sm. 12 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-E280697E0B976FA9 - Taken by Afro. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-86AE5667AE9789A5 - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 2 -- MB-BB892ABAB0CC1052 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 3 -- MB-3B5279A5645B62DD - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-B43F6EE5A5080966 - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 1 -- MB-E0C62A26F6C06522 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.
NIGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-4C97FD45D5ABB2F3 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 2 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-78D966D3BD330823 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Ashes of the Singularity -- MB-E6CC7D77309A4915 - Taken by bigzgod. 23 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-7409F1E2984F9B7B - Taken by data. 4 entrants total.
Ultra Street Figher IV -- MB-3AD53D3E23291420 - Taken by bloke. 12 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-0992F5FA70705D6E - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-43278D5757E28C0E - Taken by Whooter. 14 entrants total.

t1456764884z1.png

Momentary

Banned
Is this really the steam thread :p

I'll update you with some Steamspy numbers of our favourite Japanese games.

Danganronpa trigger happy havoc : 24,791 ± 3,639

Disgaea pc : 32,355 ± 4,157

That's actually pretty good. And that's not even a whole week for Disgaea.

You forgot something:

https://steamspy.com/app/312780

Owners: 47,061 ± 5,013
Players in the last 2 weeks: 3,081 ± 1,283 (6.55%)
Players total: 41,319 ± 4,697 (87.8%)

Weirdly enough, this number was at like 56k a few days ago, dunno what happened.

Yes, it's a Way of the Samurai 4 post ;)

I'm so happy we finally got numbers for these games, now I know the precise amount of people to avoid and shun.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-56238E43D538A698 - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-572031BA161B8722 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-84AA7E9844CBDAE1 - Taken by Eila. 15 entrants total.
Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder -- MB-2CC37F3BBDFADDBF - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-DB7534482E43F4C4 - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.

t1456726004z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Guys, I think I lost my Dark Souls 2 save with almost 30h into the game...

I picked it up on day 1 but I was so disappointed with it that I didn't finish it. Now that DS3 is coming up I finally decided to give it a second chance, but when I opened it I couldn't click continue. The thing is, DS2 doesn't support Steam Cloud for some reason. On top of that, From decided to keep the save file in AppData/Roaming, instead of the game folder or "Documents" like any other game. So when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though I chose to keep my files, and made a backup of my "Documents" folder just in case, my save got deleted. Fuck. This.

Anyone know if there might be a way to recover it?

On the bright side, the playtime in Souls games come from learning the maps, strategies, and trying to reconcile your next objective.

It's pretty common for someone's first playthrough to be 60 hours, and their next to be 15. I bet you could get back to where you were pretty fast.

You forgot something:

https://steamspy.com/app/312780

Owners: 47,061 ± 5,013
Players in the last 2 weeks: 3,081 ± 1,283 (6.55%)
Players total: 41,319 ± 4,697 (87.8%)

Weirdly enough, this number was at like 56k a few days ago, dunno what happened.

Yes, it's a Way of the Samurai 4 post ;)
The numbers get more accurate over time. The real numbers could still be 5k less than that or 5k more. He explained this when CSGOs numbers dropped at one point.

Wok

The mousepad has the size of a couch. It is good for sleeping at friends' places after the LAN.

IXOXDDk.png

The mouse is also weird: there is an optical illusion and I have the feeling that the mouse is mirrored by the mousepad.

0psf4XA.png

Pachimari

So about that anti-virus and malware stuff. I installed Malwarebytes which is fine. Then I installed Spybot (which turns off Windows Defender), so I uninstalled that software again, and is using Windows Defender. Do I need anything else installed?

I think I will end up with:

- Norton Anti-virus
- Windows Defender
- Malwarebytes

To the people complaining about yet another "simulator" game: you might be interested to know that it looks like a highly polished game. It has been used to showcase the htc vive and will come bundled with it for a limited time.

Coldsun

Banned
So about that anti-virus and malware stuff. I installed Malwarebytes which is fine. Then I installed Spybot (which turns off Windows Defender), so I uninstalled that software again, and is using Windows Defender. Do I need anything else installed?

I think I will end up with:

- Norton Anti-virus
- Windows Defender
- Malwarebytes

Why would you choose Norton Anti-virus?

Pachimari

What does the "+number" mean here?

It came with my computer by default. I guess that's the only reason I got. I just assumed it was an important and very good anti-virus software. Guess I can do without it?
Steam spy estimates the actual number of owners is plus or minus that amount because they haven't scanned every steam account.

Coldsun

Banned
It came with my computer by default. I guess that's the only reason I got. I just assumed it was an important and very good anti-virus software. Guess I can do without it?

While I haven't personally used Norton for ages (and ages), I do know it's something that people pretty commonly ask me how to remove due to frustrations with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Some of the more elitist Souls crowd kinda makes me like those games a little less, and they pretty much are my favorite series for the last few years

Hektor

He has incited the wrath of the Bloodborne Defense Force. Also I hate the Souls fanbase.

You're confusing the general Soulsfanbase wiht the specific Bloodborne fanbase. Those a two different things.

Laura is the only newcomer I dislike though.

I dislike you!

Slashy Souls isn't a good game. Even by mobile standards.

I, for one, am shocked.

lol Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom