• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC unexpectedly restarts when playing AC:Unity, even though I have disabled my GPU OC. I disabled automatic reboot when encountered system error to see if it'll trigger BSOD next time, and show something useful for further troubleshooting, but now it stopped doing that after a 30 min test run, I swear computer is like magic sometimes.

Turfster

I swear computer is like magic sometimes.

They are. They're the most undeterministic deterministic machines ever.
One of the systems here suddenly started turning itself off during win10 boot, but only the first time in a 24 hour cycle. So, after much twiddling and figuring out, we just turned off the "fast startup" option in windows 10. It boots... just as quickly, but doesn't turn itself off again. Tadaa.

(Also, fucking illness, people have been getting 20$ uncharted collections and 5$ tomb raider ps4 codes while I was conked out? boo. Boooooo)

Ludens

Banned
Completed Ys VI.
Dunno, the game was good like other Ys, but I think it's much shorter compared to other Ys games.
There are even less locations, yo fully explore one you need to take upgrades later on, but in the end there are like four dungeon.
Nice to see there are more cutscenes, but I still prefer Ys 2.
Also the game crashed for me during credits (only crash I had after that flickering problem), so I couldn't unlock boss rush.
Of course I completed it on Normal.

data

One of the systems here suddenly started turning itself off during win10 boot, but only the first time in a 24 hour cycle. So, after much twiddling and figuring out, we just turned off the "fast startup" option in windows 10. It boots... just as quickly, but doesn't turn itself off again. Tadaa.

(Also, fucking illness, people have been getting 20$ uncharted collections and 5$ tomb raider ps4 codes while I was conked out? boo. Boooooo)

.... Where are people getting these games for those prices?

I totally haven't been paying attention to this sale at all. Maybe the lack of flash stuff isn't keeping me interested.

Need to check out today if there is anything worth picking up.

Welcome back guy.

My PC unexpectedly restarts when playing AC:Unity, even though I have disabled my GPU OC. I disabled automatic reboot when encountered system error to see if it'll trigger BSOD next time, and show something useful for further troubleshooting, but now it stopped doing that after a 30 min test run, I swear computer is like magic sometimes.

I had issues like that before turned out the PSU needed changing but if its only the one game I dunno

Arthea

Look at the bright side, at least you all have working PCs, I only have half working laptop atm.

but the good news are that I might be getting it working again soon.

MUnited83

For you.
Imagine if Steam charging key generating fee to combat these shady ass grey site.

That would make zero fucking sense lol, why would the publisher be the one eating the loss? And grey markets wouldn't be affected at all, especially when most of them just buy a bunch of physical copies in bunch.

Arthea

That would make zero fucking sense lol, why would the publisher be the one eating the loss? And grey markets wouldn't be affected at all, especially when most of them just buy a bunch of physical copies in bunch.

I still don't see how this particular thing is shady, if everything was as it's supposed to be digital games were much cheaper, because they are, it would make no sense to buy physical copies for keys, because it would be a loss not profit.

fertygo

Its will be terrible, I said that as fear of something that could've triggered.. its would create monopoly that made customer have less advantage than today.

Those physical copies with steam key gonna be more expensive or simply abandoned I guess?

how its helping folk from poor country.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

The Isle (EA)

ss_ad38335bc30898deabd0fab65a63dd3798aeb957.1920x1080.jpg
ss_e3bf77e61b69f9ca65398b905b255476b6bb1c93.1920x1080.jpg
ss_abbf25eead24ca638253d99d6ef2ded61637ed8b.1920x1080.jpg
ss_f3d33df4b64bbf76b246654137d21cba4cb00928.1920x1080.jpg

Welp, time to shop for new PSU then, this one is only two years old. Which brand or model is more reliable?

I've had a good amount of luck with Corsair.

They have a great return policy, too. My complaint with them is that the experience I had with customer service was absolute shit. Talking in circles, indirect answers, passing the buck, that kind of thing.

I opted for an expedited shipping that I was willing to pay for, and after a few days, when I should have had it, they reached out to say that they didn't have my model in stock. They then offered to upgrade it, provided I pay the difference, or give me a lesser model without refunding the difference, neither of which are solid options for me as the customer. I chose to buy a new one outright from Newegg and use Shoprunner for 2 day shipping and asked them to just refund me the money instead of RMAing the thing. They hassled me about that and tried to say that I couldn't. It took a few back and forths, but they did it.

In the end, with a rebate, I got a better, quieter, more energy efficient PSU for cheaper than I paid for the original. It just required a bit of a headache.

milena87

Welp, time to shop for new PSU then, this one is only two years old. Which brand or model is more reliable?

Seasonic is usually reliable and with great build quality. I personally have the 660w from the Platinum series and I would recommend them as my first choice.

However, most people I know prefer not to spend more for a Seasonic (outside of offers, the difference here in Italy is noticeable) and to them I usually recommend a Corsair. I would avoid anything that isn't modular and that hasn't at least an 80+ gold certification.

Arthea

Strange how no one tapped into the Harvest Moon market yet. There is big money to be made.

not really, considering amount of work has to go into such games, and if you make all gameplay mechanics too shallow (less work) nobody will want that, if more complex, you'll never finish it. These are not games for small teams, even more so Rune Factory type of games with addition of a combat system.

edited: Stardew Valley dev is free to prove me wrong by finally releasing this game and it being everything we hoped for.

im thinking about upgrading my pc a little bit to play some games that dont run very well for me atm ( like Street Fighter 5 ) , unfortunately i dont have that much money to upgrade everything so i would like to know which of these parts should i change first, here are my specs:

aKsfx9i.png

sorry for this kind of question , idk that much about pc parts :p

Knurek

im thinking about upgrading my pc a little bit to play some games that dont run very well for me atm ( like Street Fighter 5 ) , unfortunately i dont have that much money to upgrade everything so i would like to know which of these parts should i change first, here are my specs:

aKsfx9i.png

Graphic card to (at least) GTX 960 (well, 750TI if you're really on a budget and don't have to play curgen titles).
CPU to (at least) i5 (good luck finding one for your motherboard though).
In that order.

Phawx

aKsfx9i.png

You'd need to clarify which R7 200 series that is. Also what your budget is.

Have you tried overclocking your R7? Many times budget tier gfx cards have a ton of headroom

You'd need to clarify which R7 200 series that is. Also what your budget is.

Have you tried overclocking your R7? Many times budget tier gfx cards have a ton of headroom

the name that it had before was Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 ( idk if that one can be overclocked , would have to check ) , about the budget that can be a little confusing because the prices of hardware in north america and south america are different , but just for reference i have 230.000 pesos ( thats like 300 dollars iirc )

Ozium

wait what? Plus is not bad, no Hexcells game is bad and Infinite is the best, it even was on my GOTY list last year.

Plus is 100x better than Hexcells. Infinite is also great.

The first Hexcells is just the tutorial for the rest of the series.

plus is straight poop.. some of the puzzles rely on trial and error as there is no discernible way to put a number at times swear on me mum.. garbage. too hard not as hard as snakebird tho.. comes out all cute and shit.. then it punches you in the balls fuck snakebird

fertygo

the name that it had before was Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 ( idk if that one can be overclocked , would have to check ) , about the budget that can be a little confusing because the prices of hardware in north america and south america are different , but just for reference i have 230.000 pesos ( thats like 300 dollars iirc )

Buy 750ti or R270, and see if possible to buy SSD with remaining fund

Hektor

plus is straight poop.. some of the puzzles rely on trial and error as there is no discernible way to put a number at times.. garbage too hard not as hard as snakebird tho.. comes out all cute and shit.. then it punches you in the balls fuck snakebird

u wrong tho

Ozium

snakebird is the biggest fucking troll trap game of all time

cute characters, primary colors that befit the mind of a toddler or a drug-addled adult.. opening stages that lull you into a false sense of security only for the game to beat you down about how you are a fuckin idiot scumlord busta trying to move personified penises around various environments

designed by satan

Lomax

plus is straight poop.. some of the puzzles rely on trial and error as there is no discernible way to put a number at times swear on me mum.. garbage. too hard not as hard as snakebird tho.. comes out all cute and shit.. then it punches you in the balls fuck snakebird

No they don't. No puzzles in Hexcells require any trial and error, you just missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom