• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is free to grab on PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
a739d5e20ae88dbe3f6aefb8051248ee.jpg

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, the Ubisoft stealth adventure series’ 2015 entry featuring dual protagonists that’s set in 19th century London, is currently free on PC until December 6. There’s just one twist: You’ll need to get it from Ubisoft Connect launcher (insert horror emoji). Don’t hate the messenger.

If you missed out on Syndicate and are curious (or just want a free game), simply head on over to Ubisoft’s Syndicate giveaway page to claim a copy. You don’t even need to have its not-so-great launcher downloaded to claim it on your Ubisoft account (but you must install the store to play it).

R6Rider

Gold Member
Grabbed it. I think I already have it on Steam, but it was a few button clicks. The DLCs (which are pretty good) are also on sale for about $5 a piece.

JayK47

I actually really enjoyed this one. One of the best from the series. I was able to get it free a few years back on Epic.

StereoVsn

Great game. Wish they would patch it on PS5. Would be a fun platinum
It’s kind of ridiculous they just haven’t bothered to patch it 3 years into PS5 release.

I already have the game on Steam but just added to Ubi account anyways. Not like I install the launcher, same as Epic and Rockstar.

artsi

It’s kind of ridiculous they just haven’t bothered to patch it 3 years into PS5 release.

I already have the game on Steam but just added to Ubi account anyways. Not like I install the launcher, same as Epic and Rockstar.

Ubisoft could make easy money if they released PS5 remasters (4K / 60fps + maximum PC settings) of Black Flag, Origins, Odyssey, Unity and Syndicate.

But they hate money it seems.

Topher

Gold Member
They did, it's just not 60fps and no additional bells and whistles.

Still good to play as is though. Low key one of the best of the series imo.

Ok.....but I meant a 60fps patch like they did with Origins and Odyssey. Just can't play a game like that at 30fps.

dcx4610

I enjoyed Syndicate. Just make sure to play as Evie because she's more interesting of a character. It definitely feels a bit minor in story, but the environments are nice and the gameplay is mostly fun.

recursive

Ok.....but I meant a 60fps patch like they did with Origins and Odyssey. Just can't play a game like that at 30fps.
I think it needs more than a 60fps patch. The ps4pro version looks like shit. All the settings are turned down low. I ended up just playing on PC. Stupid thing about the PC version is the cape animation is locked to 30fps. I can't remember if it was a mod I had to install or an ini file setting I had to tweak to change that.

Certinty

Honestly the best Assassin’s Creed game in my eyes.

Best setting, likeable characters and decent enough story to tie it altogether.

Shame it flopped because of Unity more than anything else.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
"You’ll need to get it from Ubisoft Connect launcher"

no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

Ubisoft’s launcher is one of the better ones. I especially like how earning “achievements” in games goes towards a discount in the store, or unlockable cosmetics.
Also the crossover unlockable cosmetics for owning different Ubi games is a cool touch.

They at least made an effort and brought new ideas to the table, unlike the other bums.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Nice! I haven't played many of the AC games, but this one looked interesting with the dual protagonists and Victorian London setting.

Grabbed and playing it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This is my 2nd favourite AC, I own it on console, but I'll grab the pc copy as well just to complete my collection; I wonder if UBI is doing this so it can remind people it's done the dual protagonist assassin/muscle before, like a bit of damage control for AC RED.

Mr Moose

ALL GOOD

Your game is activated on your Ubisoft Connect for PC Library.

DO YOU HAVE UBISOFT CONNECT FOR PC INSTALLED?​

You can preload the game now on Ubisoft Connect for PC.
I want a refund.

-BLITZ-

Thanks for sharing the info. I could have lost the chance to take it. I really want to see how this game is and to try it on GeForce Now. :messenger_grinning:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
The Ubisoft launcher is great, and with that I mean it's terrible and I fucking hate it.

Skifi28

Imagine bitching about a launcher in a thread for a free game.
Indeed, the biggest complaint should be that an AC game is never free, its requires a big commitment of your time you'll be wasting and never getting back.

Top Bottom