• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defiance Humble Extra Life Starter Pack -- MB-E9F995DEAC5733F2
Trove Closed Beta Humble Extra Life Starter Pack -- MB-B654B1E3788A5F37 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Landmark 1 Week Closed Beta Key -- MB-E98955C9CDE91A54
reddit gold 30 Day Subscription -- MB-45A2AFB09F552BFA - Taken by Gintoki. 5 entrants total.

t1413832170z1.png

Stuff from the tier 1 Humble flash Bundle. No, these are not steam keys. Yes, I know this is a steam thread. Take what you want, or don't.

Redeem Trove + Defiance stuff here: https://session.trionworlds.com/login

Landmark Instructions: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202421594

I can't really think of another place to ask this, so maybe one of you knows...

Is there a way for me to do a byte-for-byte clone and swap of my current boot drive to a drive of a different model (faster RPM) and have Windows not freak out about a hardware change? In the past I know there are activation issues with swapping out certain hardware.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's about 50 hours, depending of course, since its such an open game.

I'm probably going to have to break down and play it single player. I even moved in with my co-op partner since it came out yet we still don't find enough time to really get into it.
yea i keep getting coop invites but i don't feel like coop is my thing. i play games really slow and get distracted with random things and it's just too much pressure if i know there's someone getting bored on the other side

i really need to get back to it, i spent like 10 hrs in the first town, killed some folks and stopped
i feel like the game should've had a few more killing inside of the town for pacing to work a bit better

i spent like 2 hours just talking to people and stealing paintings

i really need to get back to it, i spent like 10 hrs in the first town, killed some folks and stopped

what the hell is happening here (nsfw)

Dr Dogg

Well after Grief posting about tidying his cabling I thought my desk could do with a bit of sorting. Ending up making more of a mess than before.

Bah, GMG taking it's sweet ass time pushing the Civ BE key. Want to jump on that preload wagon damn it!

From what I understand from prepurchasing both Ultra SFIV and Mordor from GMG is that it's not a case of them sending the keys when they like but when the publisher (in Beyond Earth's case 2K) sends them the keys so they can get them out. Same thing with me when I purchased South Park at Nuuvem, Ubisoft was slow sending the keys but Nuuvem were the ones copping the flack. I'm still waiting for my dispatch email from Amazon :(

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone wanna split the new Humble Bundle? $13 and we can split 4 copies of King Arthur's Gold? I also don't need Speedrunners. So someone can take that.

Just give me like $2.50 if you think you Wang in for the Gold.

xBladeM6x

I loved every second of it.
I also did S ranking in all DLC bosses on Reveangance, even if only Hard was required.
Beating Armstrong with Sam was insanely hard, but so good.

Jesus. I like to be a completionist when it comes to my games, but I think this is one that I won't be able to go that hardcore into. Because y'know.... I suck nuts at it. xD

Post it into KorraGAF for multiple orgasms.

Euphoria acquired.

I didn't even notice this at the bottom. Lol

Eternia

played a bit more divinity yesterday after an extended hiatus

i dunno why but game clicked a lot better this time. i feel like its early pacing is kind of a mess but i really like how funny it is, reminds me of king's bounty

hope it's not like 70 hours long tho
I took my time and finished it in about 85 hours (disregarding idling/crashes). My experience seems to be on the long end.

New Stardew Valley gameplay footage. If only it had a release date. D:
Haven't played a Harvest Moon game since I was little. This is really bringing back some fond memories. (It's taking too long though!)

Pakkidis

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One -- MB-ACB9C1823F25EAC5 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.

t1413834209z1.png

Dr Dogg

Seeing as Durante posted about In-Home Streaming a while back I though I may as well have a look-see as well and see where we are with it.

First up something easy, South Park: The Stick of Truth.
Nothing to set the world alight here as it's capped at 30fps and isn't a whole lot going on (next to nothing in fact as if you stand still the bitrate drops to double digits) but less than 14ms display latency? That's crazy!

So something a little more taxing, Assassin's Creed (DX10 renderer to change things up)
A lot more demanding but a whopping 84 mbit incoming video stream at only 23ms of latency is just crackers.

So one final test, Sleeping Dogs (Bog Standard Edition)
Little more latency but it's a fair bit more demanding than AC and that was taken whilst pissing about on the motor way but latency is still fantastic and picture looked only a teeny bit worse than the native picture (both monitors are side by side and I doubt most would be able to tell the difference in an A-B test).

So shock horror my favorite Steam feature is getting better all the time. See, Valve do things right now and then.

Annubis

I'm going to be mentally preparing myself all week. This past weekend was a "trial run" where I didn't play for 24 hours straight but probably played games for around 20 hours. Saturday morning will be the real deal.

Did you get headaches?
I'm pretty sure my head would explode with 20 consecutive hours of gaming.

Also(I don't know if this was posted already):

Now on sale(as a Weeklong Deals) for only €2,50/50% discount!!!! :X

I know what I'm doing when I get home =)

Any Landmark impressions? 1 week seems like an odd choice for a beta spot

Well I haven't played it for a while, but it's like a smoother minecraft. At the time I played there were no enemies. You gather resources to craft tools, building materials, land claims etc. There were four tiers of materials at the time I played: each map contains two adjacent tiers (so you start with tier 1 and rarer tier 2, then you can change maps to something with tier 2 and rarer tier 3, etc.) So it's an ongoing quest to get your materials and bring them back to your land claim to use them, whichever map that might be on.

Technically, it was fine, but I realized I wasn't really creative enough to do much with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom