• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Always late on understanding these things with different prices and errors.

Either way I hope the game is fun, haven't managed to be able to play the game even if I got a console code.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Advanced Warfare in that GMG VIP thing? thts...actually completely unexected. slightly tempted

anyway need to go out to dinner. If anyone has 1 Evolve for me I would apreciate it, feel free to PM me. even 5 keys is nice, i would pre-order Evolve for 10€ tbh. If not, thems the breaks I guess

Okay, bought a copy of Evolve using the Indonesian store. First time I've done something like this. What's the likelihood that I catch a ban for it?

Did you buy it from the store or from a trader?
Are you from Indonesia?

If you bought it from the store and aren't from Indonesia then you could be banned. If you are from Indonesia or bought it from a trader then everything is fine.

Saty

i wonder if blowing his deadline by a minimum of 12 months, more likely 18, and then asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars more ~MIGHT~ have something to do with it

Yeah but for one he cites overall numbers for the month and all other kind of projects struggling so i guess he's privy to data. And secondly, being late and not shipping their first KS game didn't stop from DF or Inxile from going live with another project and getting funded.

But i agree generally that someone who has yet to ship his crowdfunded project shouldn't be talking about crowdfunding trending here or there.

So, I was able to play a couple of Evolve games. Once as an human and once as the monster.

I don't think I'd ever want to play as the human in that game :lol. While the monster can easily kill any player on its own, if the full team ambushes it they can take it down being half decent at it.

For those that don't know anything about the game (like me :p), the monster needs to feed on wildlife (or other player's corpses) in order to evolve. It also has four different skills with three levels each, and you get three skill points per evolution stage. There are also elite wildlife which give you different buffs, so all in all it reminded me an awful lot being a LoL jungler - ambushing players, killing easy creeps in order to level up, kill the special enemies to get a buff and then you have 4 different skills with extremely low cooldown times (I honestly think that the longest one was little more than 5 seconds).

We were playing on the Fission Plant level, and when you're the monster you start close to the human players. When you're on your first form you're told to run since you wouldn't be able to survive yet. Then, you can climb walls, be stealthy in order to do extra damage and jump to hide and find yor prey. After eating a certain amount of flesh, you need to find a place to evolve where the humans can't find you, since you won't be able to move until the transformation is complete (I think it doesn't even take 10 seconds).

Once I was level 3, I headed to the Power Cell, where the full team was waiting for me. Killing individual humans doesn't take long, but holy shit, a full team really packs a punch. A couple of minutes in I only downed two of them, while my health was already at 50% (and I swear I barely did any damage to the Power Cell... I throwed it rocks, fire and did regular meele, are you supposed to do anything special). I decided to make a run for it and retrat in to the forest, in order to get my shields back.

Then, once I was ready, I found the medic on its own doing some recon :lol. I wrecked her and eat her corpse. Once they die they respawn in 2 minutes, so I moved hastily to the Power Cell room and tried to kill the rest of the team. This time I knew the layout of the room better, and my rocks didn't hit some steel beams istead of the players :p. They survived a bit longer since I didn't know Daisy could revive people and I think the medic respawned during the fight, but in the end Goliath crushed those puny Davids!

I also played as a Medic, but I didn't know what I was doing at all and we died pretty soon. I guess I'd need to check out the other classes, but I don't think I'd ever want to play as an human in this game.

Playing as the monster was cool, I guess, but I don't usually enjoy online MP games. It's weird, but I'm writing way more enthusiastically than what I was feeling while playing, haha. I got bored after those two games and I don't think I'll ever try the game again, I hate online MP games :/

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
You used a VPN to buy it? Thats a very bad idea

Did you buy it from the store or from a trader?
Are you from Indonesia?

If you bought it from the store and aren't from Indonesia then you could be banned. If you are from Indonesia or bought it from a trader then everything is fine.

Welp. Should've used a trader.

I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that a one-time offense doesn't raise too many flags, since I'm sure they got a ton of people buying tons of copies.

well i was able to snag 2 copies, i was going to gift it to my bro and let him be surpised when he opens up steam but JUST in case it gets region locked i decided to just go on his pc and activate it. i'll just tell him to check his email that his steam is connected to :p

Accoun

I am so anxious for Evolve I might even throw up guys. This is getting way out of hand.
image.php

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah but for one he cites overall numbers for the month and all other kind of projects struggling so i guess he's privy to data.

I offered input on the problem more generally here (first half of post):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132551795&postcount=108

My argument:
- Some projects that would have been KS are now on EA
- Some KS backers are waiting for pay-out on their current projects before backing more

And secondly, being late and not shipping their first KS game didn't stop from DF or Inxile from going live with another project and getting funded.

Those were established companies with credibility at getting jobs done; both funded additional KSes BEFORE they were late; and DF "being late" was a design decision immediately after funding based on overfunding, not an apology after they blew their deadline. Bad comparison.

derExperte

Over two hours now, no fix in sight. I wonder if this will impact their bottom-line. A small price mistake here and there never hurt anybody but this could end badly.

Shadownet

Banned
Okay the guy who is helping me went to sleep. But he'll be up in 4 hours to help me out again. Until then. we wait and pray.

Also I sent him a $20 steam wallet that he couldn't redeem cause it keep giving him the error even though i redeem it just fine

So while the Evolve alpha is borked, perhaps I might get some GAFFERs to play another fantastic online multiplayer game that is working and has 100% more hobby horse charging action:

PM me and we'll get a game going

Spoit

So while the Evolve alpha is borked, perhaps I might get some GAFFERs to play another fantastic online multiplayer game that is working and has 100% more hobby horse charging action:

PM me and we'll get a game going

Oh that's online? I dunno why I thought that was local only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom