• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Good idea, I'll take this into account, most of the times the work comes into heaps which usually occurs when I've got to make the steam thread unfortunately.
See, I'd love to help, but I don't have much to help with. My photoshopping is average at best (although I'll whip you in a concepting competition ;) )
I do have this to say, if it's any help at all: You've done a bloody brilliant job thus far, but it's not worth getting stressed over if work is getting too heavy. :p

Shit. That's... Harsh.
this was known for much longer than two months if you looked at any of the reviews or forum topics bitching about it
note: multiplayer/coop was a kickstarter goal too apparently...
Huh. Well, I honestly hadn't thought to check. Guess I should've. But the fact that it was still listed is... Despicable. Reading some stuff, it's atleast been known for like 6? months if not more by the community. Why the fuck was it still on the page? Damned scam artist.

Phil Fish 2.0
This guy will be going places. I guarantee it.
Phil Fish wasn't anywhere near this bad, really. This guy is an outright asshole and psychopath, Fish... Is outspoken and a direct, and very rough, critic. :p

3cGltnH.jpg
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want... Etc.

Well you can take solace in the fact that you now own an unlisted game.
I guess.
I hope it's not added back on. it'll be like, almost rare or something. Atleast in a decade.

do it. everyone loves a good meltdown
That we do... Indeed we do...

Chariot

I love how the description is only relating the game to other games, instead of just letting the concept stand for itself.

imLQKZiKezKhs.jpg

I have that for my PS3 but I never beat the game, It was also my first Final fantasy that I actually bought and planned to actually beat I played
some other ones but I didn't own them and never beaten them and I had a idea that Final Fantasy was something good so I paid 60 bucks for it...
what a waste I wont buy another FF game unless there's some really good reviews for it.

great review

So, from what I've gathered in the past minute or so, the guy who made Paranautical Activity sent someone death threats and Valve delisted his game?

Good. Death threats aren't doing anyone any good.

Uzzy

The ironic thing is, the game is on the front page and would have garnered customers.

Anyone looking into a purchase would likely peruse the store page anyways and find out the banner was incorrect. Sure, he is likely losing some customers, but Valve would likely fix the issue and he could request a longer promotional period.

Exactly, it's totally moronic from him. He's gone and destroyed his career and reputation over a minor error.

Let this be a timely lesson. If you're angry, step away from social networks.

I just realized that the title is a reference to now most games being region locked. :( just when I started to get into them cheap prices too. that really blows man, just my luck.

Indie developer tweets death threats concerning Gabe Newell because there was a slight issue with his games launch on Steam.

ooh, thats kind of silly and really immature. you expect that from a teenager who dramatizes everything, not a grown person.

Jawmuncher

So what is this secret team at valve that actually responds to stuff ASAP.
There's been more than a few cases where they fix/change things really fast.

It was 5 minutes for me.
I was pretty amazed when I beat it and that was it.

I somehow think the voices cost the most for the DLC.

Kinda felt more like some guy at work there thought "Hm. How would it look like if I recreate a scene from the movie for fun?" and some supervisor "Shit. We can sell this as DLC!"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, awesome! Just found out Paranautical Activity doesn't have multiplayer, and that it wont be getting it... Despite it being a promised feature on their storepage last time I checked it, less than two months ago. It's the only reason I bought the fucking thing... Jeez. >_<'
That created a controversy a while ago, with some people on the Steam forums claiming the dev had lied to them, and some community mod banning them and deleting the threads.

Not to mention the fact that they were still promising co-op would come eventually, while in fact they had already decided it wouldn't several months before.

Phil Fish 2.0
This guy will be going places. I guarantee it.
Nah, Phil always had a reason for his comments, even if he went too far sometimes. This guy, however, looks like an asshole.

Maniac

Banned
I thought the thing he was mad about was the terrible art, took me a second to see the Early Acsess descrpency.
Excellent artists in that devteam, eh?
I love how the description is only relating the game to other games, instead of just letting the concept stand for itself.
That's because there isn't much of one, really. It's not very original, but it's a decent blend of a few games.
Exactly, it's totally moronic from him. He's gone and destroyed his career and reputation over a minor error.
I wont mind too much, I'd be bothered or worried had it been a talented developer with genuinely good ideas and innovative designs / ideas. This is not that developer. :p

I agree though, he really should've taken a moment to relax, reflect and communicate.

Ozium

Twitter is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.
It's basically the antithesis to "Think before you act"

you say worst thing to ever happen
i say greatest thing
a mirror reflecting the horrible truth of humanity

So what is this secret team at valve that actually responds to stuff ASAP.
There's been more than a few cases where they fix/change things really fast.

Nintendo has ninja
Steam has men in black

or maybe just Gman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom